Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

favorite makeup brush?

hm. It's hard to choose just one. I always pick the MAC 181 as my favorite because it does everything I throw at it.. loose/pressed powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter. it's small and portable, fits perfectly in my pocket.. but it also has a medium-sized brush head, so it's not too small.

I really want to try the NARS artisan brushes.. this Yachiyo brush is calling my name :gimme::gimme:

and for the MAC 187 fans - MAC is due to release a new duo-fibre brush this summer: #130 brush. It'll be similar to the 187 (mix of synthetic, natural bristles) but it will be a flat shaped and tapered. i can't wait!

Ecotools makes some really nice brushes. They're so soft...it's like petting a bunny. I don't know anything about makeup, so I read some reviews on Makeup Alley before I got a brush, and people really do love Ecotools. Best part is, they're super cheap.

I actually just went out and bought some today! I got the powder brush and the 6 piece set for like 18 bucks with tax from ulta. Which i thought was a ridiculous good price, and your right they are so soft. I love how the handle doesn't feel cheap or flimsy like most brushes.

I always tell myself that I won't buy BareEscentuals again but I somehow always do.

I ended up getting a brush set (Handy Buki, Angled Blush, Eyeshadow, Eye Liner, Crease) for $49. In addition to that, I have their Maximum Concealer Brush, Flawless Face, and another Kabuki brush... They shed a lot and are a bit scratchy, but they do the job. I'd like to get some brushes from Everday Minerals though, they look really nice and are super cheap.

I hear you Whitershade!

I love Ecotools! Super, super soft taklon brushes. Softer than the brushes I've experienced by Benefit and Sonia Kashuk. A five piece brush set is 10.00, so the prices are very reasonable. Their brush handles are made of bamboo, ferrule is recycled aluminum, and they donate 1% of their annual sales to environmental organizations.

What more could I ask for?

I just bought the Sonia Kashuk Flat-top blush brush. Holy god, I'm in love. I used it for foundation, it floats liquid across your skin. Like airbrushing. It's so unbelievably soft, I was petting it creepily at Target. For comparison sake I have the entire eco-tools set and the majority of the Essence of Beauty line. Also a badger kabuki that I hate. It stinks like a wet dog. Or wet badger I suppose. Badgers smell icky.

I hear you Whitershade!

I love Ecotools! Super, super soft taklon brushes. Softer than the brushes I've experienced by Benefit and Sonia Kashuk. A five piece brush set is 10.00, so the prices are very reasonable. Their brush handles are made of bamboo, ferrule is recycled aluminum, and they donate 1% of their annual sales to environmental organizations.

What more could I ask for?

Another enthusiastic vote for the Ecotools! Great, soft brushes. I love the mini-kabuki and the powder brush.

I LOVE my MAC 187 brush.

At ~ $42 I hesitated purchasing it for the longest, but it's seriously the best investment ever.

i also have the mac 187. if you wear liquid foundation, i reeeeallly think you should consider this one. it's what's known as a stippling brush and you have to get use to applying foundation with it, but once you do it's weeeeeeeeeeeeell worth it.

My favorite brush is my everyday minerals baby kabuki. The baby fine bristles give me the most natural coverage for my mineral concealer and foundation. It really smooths out my pores and ruddiness. I am considering buying a 2nd one so that I have a back up on the days that I wash my brush and it takes 24 hours to dry :) Or heavens forbid if i were to ever lose it!

MAC 187 brush for liquid foundation.

MAC 188 brush for blush.

MAC 263 for liquid eyeliner.

Make Up Forever 'Kabuki' brush for powder/loose stuff.

(MAC 129 brush SUCKS, don't buy)

Eh why? I have the MAC 129 as well and I love it for my blush. Had it over a year already.

Another vote for the MAC 187. God how I love this brush. I love it so much I have two lol one for foundation and one for blushes and highlights.

Best damn brush ever.

Bare escentuls brushes seem to get scratchier over time. One of mine has actually scratched me, more than once. I had a big red ring around my eye lol.

MAC for sure! I have a lot of MAC brushes and hands down they beat any other brush I've ever tried!

I can't even think of the names of all the brushes I've tried, but Everyday Minerals, Mary Kay, Jane Iredale are some of them

I had a gorgeous buffing brush from Jane Iredale that I loved, cost me like $50...which I had no problem with if it has lasted! Darned thing fell apart, literally exploded out of the handle after 2-3 years of use...and I take good care of my brushes!

I've never had a problem with MAC, the brushes are expensive but they are great quality

I love my Femme Couture Kabuki brush. I don't know if I could live without it ^_^ I think it cost about $12, which makes it sound cheap, but it's great. Real goat hair, and very soft. Not irritating at all.

:)