Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

favorite makeup brush?

we talk a lot about how much difference a good brush can make. i was wondering what everyone's favorites are. i just got the small powder brush by studio gear. it's an all natural brush and has a lifetime guarantee which is nice. i really like it so far. it was pretty expensive ($28.50) but since it's guaranteed for life i guess that's not so bad.

I still have my Guerlain make up brush from age 13 and I'm 29 years old now. I never use it, but it looks luxurious so I keep it out.

does anyone else find brushes irritating? They tend to make my skin itchy and feel bad when I use them, no matter which I try.

I prefer to use a puff, which I clean after one use.

but I was just curious if anyone else had a problem with brushes?

i use bobbi brown brushes.

her blush brush ($40.00)

IPB Image

eyeliner ($18.50)

IPB Image

eye shadow ($24.00)

IPB Image

eye smudge ($24.00)

IPB Image

Bare Minerals recently came out with an extra-soft facial brush that I plunked down $30 on and adore. Even though I don't use Bare Minerals anymore, I love their luxurious brushes.

brandy what kind of puff do you use? i can get itchy but i just don't brush hard on my skin and i'm fine

good grief Katie!

$40 for a BRUSH????

worth it. and as i'm going to cosmotology school after i go to grad school, i only use the best. :razz:

Sonia Kashuk at Target!!!!!!!!!! I was just for a few days in LA, and have to say lucky you Americans for having Target...we wish we had a store like that in Spain! My friend ended up buying like 40 brushes LOL

All the brushes I use are from Bare escentuals. The ones I use the most is the BE concealer brush for my LM Oil-Free Foundation and the BE face powder brush for blush work.

If you really want to get it...and you're a poor college student like me...try getting it off of ebay.

brandy what kind of puff do you use? i can get itchy but i just don't brush hard on my skin and i'm fine

I don't know what brand of puff they are. Just those multi-packs of puffs at Walmart in the makeup section. They come in 3-packs. I usually have two packs, and wash each one after each use with antibacterial soap, and let them air dry. I'll use them for about a month like that, then buy new one's.

I have a kabuki brush that I bought from Aromaleigh for applying mineral makeup. It was expensive but it blends powder on very smoothly. worth the money.

You guys have got to check out the artist brushes in Michael's craft store...there's an entire aisle!! I just salivate when I go in there. I felt like I came across a hidden goldmine when I discovered this!!

I am so cheap, that I didn't even purchase some of the best. They have some very luxurious ones for around $10-$15. I got some really nice ones for 2.99 each! Even the 2.99 brushes are better (I kid you not) than the ones I've tried at Ulta. I can't believe how high the mark-up is on brushes just because they're for makeup.

i'm obesessed with my bare escentuals face brushes (i have five; concealer, flawless application, kabuki, maximum coverage, and angled), but for eye make-up sephora brand brushes suffice.

pam is right. i just went to my local michaels and picked up 2 natural brushes for $8. that's a steal, and they are way softer than the $28.50 one i got from studio gear. and the selection is out of this world. the natural bristles cost a bit more, but i think they are softer, you can clean them easier, and i think they hold up better and are less irritating. i'm now michaels craft store all the way for my makeup brushes.

i also use Bare Escentuals brushes and the make-up! i love the brushes! i have never used brushes to apply foundation before but i love it! you get a more natural look and your not rubbing germs into your face! i got the brushes free when i brought a started kit from Bare Escentuals. for £45 i got 2 pots of foundations, warmth, mineral veil, and 3 brushes!

i also use Bare Escentuals brushes and the make-up! i love the brushes! i have never used brushes to apply foundation before but i love it! you get a more natural look and your not rubbing germs into your face! i got the brushes free when i brought a started kit from Bare Escentuals. for £45 i got 2 pots of foundations, warmth, mineral veil, and 3 brushes!

I like some of their brushes. I dont like the ones with scratchy bristles but I love the max coverage concealer brush and the other concealer brush, the bigger one which name I dont remember. All my other brushes are dior and MAC

MAC brushes. I got into the hype of buying them since everyone said they are the best and no doubt, none has disappoint me yet. I also like some of ELF's eyeshadow brushes.

Ecotools makes some really nice brushes. They're so soft...it's like petting a bunny. I don't know anything about makeup, so I read some reviews on Makeup Alley before I got a brush, and people really do love Ecotools. Best part is, they're super cheap.

MAC 187 brush for liquid foundation.

MAC 188 brush for blush.

MAC 263 for liquid eyeliner.

Make Up Forever 'Kabuki' brush for powder/loose stuff.

(MAC 129 brush SUCKS, don't buy)