Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Exhibit_N

P. Diddy's Skin Breaks Out; Files Lawsuit Against Proactiv

P. Diddy's Skin Breaks Out; Files Lawsuit Against Proactiv

On Friday (3/31/06), P. Diddy filed a $1.5 million lawsuit against Guthy Renker, the makers of Proactiv Solution for failing to leave his skin "with no bumps."

Along with Vanessa Williams, Alicia Keys and Jessica Simpson, P. Diddy became a spokesperson for Proactive Solutions, a skin product that promises to "banish their breakouts and get them on the path to clear, beautiful, star-quality skin." In the infomercial, the rap mogul testifies how he got hip to Proactive Solution after using the product and seeing his pimples disappear.

"I use Proactive," says Diddy in the ad, because it helps "moisturize my situation and preserve my sexy."

However, just months after the ads, Diddy says he started to experience breakouts and decided to file suit, saying the product has discredited him in the hip-hop community.

"I look foolish on an infommercial promoting a product for skin care and my skin still has bumps on it," says P. Diddy in a statement.

Hours later, Guthy Renker filed a countersuit claiming that Diddy has failed to "preserve his sexy" and carefully follow the product instructions. The corporation also cites Diddy's affiliation with Diet Pepsi, for which he is also a spokesperson, as the true source of his acne woes. In the counter-suit, Guthy Renker claims that Diddy's consumption of sugary products such as Diet Pepsi has neutralized the cleansing effects Proactiv Solution provides.

"Even though Diet Pepsi has no calories, fat or carbs, it still contains aspartame, potassium benzoate, phosphoric acid and citric acid which can wreak havoc on skin," said a source at Guthy Renker.

The Pepsi connection is sound, according to Dr. Julian Whitaker, who says that "aspartame has been proven to increase appetite, especially cravings for sweets."

"Proactive promises a risk fee, money-back trial," says Diddy. "After all I've been through, I want my money back and more."

Both Proactive and P.Diddy are really stupid.

I'm glad Proactive are getting sued, it just proves it doesnt work well enough, especially the way the stars make it out to be from the informercials which makes them even more stupid then the products and proves how fake everything is..

I dont like P.diddys attitude, his so stuck up and acts like his to good for anything. It doesnt work for millions of people, and Im sure that includes some of the un-famous customers featured on the adds so why cant they sue also?

And Guthy rankers defence is so stupid. Maybe if they were showing the add and saying "Warning, drinking anything other then water may effect the results of Proactive" then yeah you could use that but saying just because his a spokesperson for pepsi doesnt mean his constantly drinking it!

I could have told you that Proactive is just a bunch of hype and propaganda. I used it for about six months and had some pretty good success at first but then my skin progressively got worse and worse. I started breaking out to the point where I had bumps on top of bumps! Proactive is one of those products that works well for a small percentage of people who have generally mild acne. But for the majority of acne sufferers the stuff doesn't work; especially as a long term solution. Proactive is actually a carbon copy of a product that came out many years ago called Acne Statin. Same ingredients, same infomercials, same lame results.

This is ridiculous "preserve his sexy"? ok can we all say LOSER.......

Sorry thats just one thing I couldnt get past. It just sounds so juvenile.

I laugh at P. Diddy.

I laugh at Pro-Activ.

I cry because I was stupid enough to give them 300 dollars for a treatment that gave me hope and then snatched it away just as quick.

1. Pro-Activ is not the same as acne statin... I have used both... Pro-Active at least made my skin feel clean for a little while. Then, like everything else, stopped working and my skin got worse. It doesn't work.

Acne Statin was basically the same stuff you would use to give your car a grease job. I think it was whale blubber mixed with some type of astroglide and glue.

2. P-Diddy is an ass.

3. Pro-Activ has a money back deal... Has anyone tried to use it? They didn't give me my money back because they claimed that because I had made two orders, the product was obviously successful so they couldn't "believe" me on my claims that it didn't work.

4. P-Diddy is a wanker.

5. Though he is an ass... I am glad he is suing them.

This is where I say... It's diddy...

What do you expect from a person who keep changing his name and making it shorter and shorter....

From Sean Puffy Combs, then Puff Daddy, then P. Diddy, then Diddy...

Next is Dildo... :dance:

It's too obvious, his lack of orginality and concept makes up for his lack of reasons for making out a valid excuse as a lawsuit... "Preserve his sexy." Oh please, he should preserve his brain first...

What do you expect from a person who keep changing his name and making it shorter and shorter....

It's too obvious, his lack of orginality and concept makes up for his lack of reasons for making out a valid excuse as a lawsuit... "Preserve his sexy." Oh please, he should preserve his brain first...

LMAO :lol:

1. Pro-Activ is not the same as acne statin... I have used both... Pro-Active at least made my skin feel clean for a little while. Then, like everything else, stopped working and my skin got worse. It doesn't work.

Acne Statin was basically the same stuff you would use to give your car a grease job. I think it was whale blubber mixed with some type of astroglide and glue.

2. P-Diddy is an ass.

3. Pro-Activ has a money back deal... Has anyone tried to use it? They didn't give me my money back because they claimed that because I had made two orders, the product was obviously successful so they couldn't "believe" me on my claims that it didn't work.

4. P-Diddy is a wanker.

5. Though he is an ass... I am glad he is suing them.

Sean Combs is a greatly successful man, albiet he is a huge douche.

lmfao :lol:IPB Image

Ive used proactive, then I switched to gentle formula, which actually works for me. the latter being way too strong and made my acne worse. When I stopped using the regular formula for my moderate acne(with heavy scarring) then they gave me my money back even before I returned the bottles.

The guy I spoke to was super cool and also an acne sufferer. So maybe it depends on who you get when they answer the phone, my experience wasnt that bad. I know some people who never had acne before work for these companies and are dreadfully unsympathetic when you tell them their products don't work because their minds are already brainwashed and mesmerized my these "miracle" Ads they see on tv. They wouldnt know anyway.......Sorry about your experience.

At last Proactiv gets what they really deserve, That's if this poster is really telling the truth or is just trying to stir up the broads with a made up topic.

Where did you see this story posted on the Internet?

I ran a search via Google and noting came up about a recent lawsuit about Puff Daddy & Proactiv from a real news provider or source that can be trusted for truthful reports.

So do you have any proof to back up your story? From a Real news source such as CNN, Fox News, New York Times etc?

The only report I found anywhere on the Internet about this subjest is atMuch Music News So who knows, he similply might have been paid just for appearing there with a made up topic.

That's why I ask have you seen this report from a real news source?

Oh, so now Proactiv is blaming Sodium Whateverthefuck?? What a fucking joke. They can go fuck themselves, even though I'm currently using their 2.5% BP. They go into this spiel about how it's not diet-related or anything, and their product WORKS...then it doesn't work for someone, and they look at his Pepsi commercials and assume he drinks Pepsi, therefore PEPSI is causing his breakouts.

I hope everyone in Proactiv dies a slow, painful death...a nice plane crash for all of them sounds very nice.

I can see you did not read the my last reply correctly,

One in regarding Exhibit_N posting a false topic

Two positively_negative with the lame April fools, It's so kid like.

Read posting completey before posting your reply.

hold it right there i did not posted a fake topic

I meant on Exhibit_N post...

Partially it was a hoax on your part since you never wrote any where in your post that it was a joke... or some sort...

What do you expect from people reading a so called news... What, they'd just have a hunch that it would be fake.

Anyway, I still think he should go preserve his brain... Have it medicated with proactive solution... Then let's see whose the sexy now. :dance

:clap:

Oh, so now Proactiv is blaming Sodium Whateverthefuck?? What a fucking joke. They can go fuck themselves, even though I'm currently using their 2.5% BP. They go into this spiel about how it's not diet-related or anything, and their product WORKS...then it doesn't work for someone, and they look at his Pepsi commercials and assume he drinks Pepsi, therefore PEPSI is causing his breakouts.

I hope everyone in Proactiv dies a slow, painful death...a nice plane crash for all of them sounds very nice.

:shock:

:lol: The whole Proactiv thing makes me laugh. So does Jessica Simpson acting stupid. :lol:

I must second that (and I don't mean this fake news post as well as you I assume).