Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theboss

Very mild/ mild accutane users??

Well im officially 15 1/2 in about 2 weeks and I have pretty mild acne... im on minocyclin[100mg 2Xaday], retin-a-micro, and Duac... I was wondering if anyone has took accutane for a short amount of time maybe a month or so and hasnt had any acne come back, i dont want to have to deal with acne any more of my teen years...... thanks aloT!! :wall:

Also an add on what are the pros and cons of it...

did anyones skin actually get worse and stay worse or did it clear up in about a month also im about 5'9 - 5'11 150 pounds if that helps :X

Well im officially 15 1/2 in about 2 weeks and I have pretty mild acne... im on minocyclin[100mg 2Xaday], retin-a-micro, and Duac... I was wondering if anyone has took accutane for a short amount of time maybe a month or so and hasnt had any acne come back, i dont want to have to deal with acne any more of my teen years...... thanks aloT!! :wall:

Also an add on what are the pros and cons of it...

did anyones skin actually get worse and stay worse or did it clear up in about a month also im about 5'9 - 5'11 150 pounds if that helps :X

I'd say, if it's possible and you think the acne is bad enough, that you should go on Accutane for the recommended 4-6 month period. Do it while you're still in HS too. If you plan on going to college having acne "behind" you is a good idea. I made the mistake of waiting for accutane until the end of my senior year. So basically I left HS with a horrible looking face and entered college with one.

Hmm ic but my acne is too bad thats why im wondering if i took it for like a month or maybe two over the summer would it clear me up or what would happen....i only get acne in 2 areas... forehead and chin....

Hmm ic but my acne is too bad thats why im wondering if i took it for like a month or maybe two over the summer would it clear me up or what would happen....i only get acne in 2 areas... forehead and chin....

ultimately it's up to the dermo, but i've never heard of people taking it for 2 months and being successful.

I am at 2.5 months with really mild acne and I just broke out last week and I think I may get a few more pimples because of old clogged pores cleaning out. I am on 80mg a day. I know it takes longer than 2 months to be okay.

grrrr yikes damn my plan may be failed then... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what to do how long is summer for us californians again :X

I'd stay on it for along as recommanded. I'm into my 4th week, and still breaking out like crazy, and nothing has improved yet.

My acne was pretty mild when I went on it.

I have mild acne and am on day 17. i turn 16 yrs old in a month and a half so im almost the same age as u. what i think is mild acne is the pictures in my gallery. Some people think its not acne at all, but they dont know what i go through to get it that good. People just see the end product, and i do/see whats behind the scenes like teh BP the moisturizing the not touching face, etc. thats why people think im too mild to be on accutane but believe me i could be a lot worse if i wasnt so obsessed with acne prevention.

Yea i really want to go on accutane so this stupid acne wont ever come back anyone have any suggestions..?