Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl2006

maybelline pure and concealer

im kinda new to liquid makeup cause now im useing covergirl liquid powder stuff so is the new maybelline pure make up good???will it clog my pores and cause breakouts? does it have a good coverage and oil control and natural look???? and should i get the concealer that matches it or should i get physicans formula green correcting concealer, i want one that will cover up red blemishes and scars??do u have any advice? :(

The foundatin is neat. It's more of a lotion with pigment in it than a foundation (from a formulation standpoint). I like the formula and the coverage is decent. It is mattifying, but it's drying if you are using toipcals like BP, or topical retinoids......so if you get flakey it's not for you.....also it's water based, so it's not long wearing......I use it sometimes.....

The concealer is basically an propel/repel pencil (like an eyeliner, and basically the same formula as an eyliner too....hard wax based stick) ......it's got 2% salicylic acid in it (again a non- no if your already using harsh topicals)....The concealer kinda sucks IMHO.......looks unnatural and doesn't wear well....

would i be better off getting like neutrogena?

I used to love the Skin Clearing one.....not because it had any effect wg=hatsoever on my acne, but becaue of the awsome shades (on the yellow side!!!), and because of the finish.....

It's a silicone emulsion so it'll have staying power and it'ss make the skin seem smooth and soft as it blurs the apperacne of pores....

It is mattifying (from the silica, which also helps with optical blurring)....

I only had issues with it when I began using more BP than I'd normally use....the drying effects of the BP made the makeup exacerbate the flakiness......(not as bad as the Maybelline Pure though)

I'm a big maybelline fan. So I decided to try the new pure line out. I bought all three the foundation, concealer and powder. I'm VERY disappointed. I put all three on, did the three steps and my face looked horrible. Didn't even look like I was wearing any. My skin tone was orange.

The foundation is alright, it's like a lotion I agree. I found the coverage alright, it's good for red marks and scars. But doesn't cover any cystic acne.

The concealer stick I thought was horrble. Didn't cover anything, it has an orange tone to it. Very unnatural.....makes your pimples very dry.

The foundation is so LIGHT!! i'm an ivory girl, very pale skin, and it was too white for me. I looked like I had the flu or something.

I don't recommand Maybelline's new pure line at all. I wasted like $27CAN

I found the coverage alright, it's good for red marks and scars. But doesn't cover any cystic acne.

Does any foundation cover cystic acne.....if there is one let me know please.......

I always assumed you can cover the redness but how do you cover a bump the size of a small marble with makeup......

27$ Canadian!!! holy shit.........It's $5 here in the US.....

Yeah Canada in expensive!!!!! it was a waste...

i've been trying to find the perfect foundation for covering cystic acne...no luck yet...i don't think there is one.

I love love love Pure but I have to use a heavy concealer to coverup any blemishes or red marks but Pure is so light and airy. My boyfriend loves how light it looks.