Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ludacrisss

Glycolic Acid + Salicylic acid combination?

I've been using a BP + glycolic acid combination. And to me it seems most of the clearing that happened was due to the glycolic acid moisturizer that I used because I've used the same BP product before and never got this kind of clearing. So in the end, I haven't cleared up yet I still get breakouts but it seems to me that when I used the BP it makes some breakouts stay foreevvverrrrrrrrrr, and the redmarks stay forever toooo. So I read somewhere online that using a salicylic/glycolic acid combination is more benefitial than using BP because of the thorough exfoliation. Is this worth a try for me since I think the BP wasnt a big part of my clearing and that it makes my breakouts stay foreverrrrr?

Well intitally I started to do jessfoliation. After about a month I started gettin bad breakouts on my forehead and some on the lower face. So I retreated back to using a BP cream cleanser (which I always used but never got full results or extatic results) and began using Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion without the SPF, the night stuff. I got ridiculous clearing on my forehead but like I said I don't think it's the BP since I've used that same product before without such results. So that's why I was wondering since that I read this to just try a SA cleanser in combination with GA.

your good results may be the combination, rather than the glycolic alone.

The only way to figure it out would be to drop the bp and see if you still clear.

Well intitally I started to do jessfoliation. After about a month I started gettin bad breakouts on my forehead and some on the lower face. So I retreated back to using a BP cream cleanser (which I always used but never got full results or extatic results) and began using Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion without the SPF, the night stuff. I got ridiculous clearing on my forehead but like I said I don't think it's the BP since I've used that same product before without such results. So that's why I was wondering since that I read this to just try a SA cleanser in combination with GA.

BP cleansers don't do anything in my experience. You need to try a bp gel that you can leave on your face.

That could be why bp didn't do anything for you.

well then if a bp cleanser was doing nothing I can rest assure it was the glycolic acid moisturizer. Which means I got results without the BP, so I'm hoping I'll try this SA scrub. Because BP for me just makes breakouts stay foreverrrrr and spots too because of the free radicals it creates in the skin which I read slows the healing process.