Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wondering if any one tried the natures cure tablets... If not i will do it pretty soon so i can inform people of it and see how effective it is... I been doing proactive and reigmen and my own reigmen for awhile... I just want to be able to wash my face with cleanser and then add moisturizer if my skin needs it... I only bp in morning and slowly getting away from this.... I hopping pretty soon all i have to do is wash and add cream if needed in morning and at night i just shower cleanse mask aha and then aloe... Im hoopping i can just cleanse and cream and dont have to do much... I'll probable buy the pills today and start tonight...See how my skin coops with this...

as any one tried it

sorry never tried it, never even heard of it, but I live in Canada, maybe its just an American thing. There is a lot on the market for ance in the States that we can't get in Canada due to our stricter drug laws. Of course anything can be ordered online, so let me know how it goes. I am looking to start taking some vitamins specific for my skin. All I take is a multi vitamin right now and it helps with energy , but doesn't do anything for my skin. Any suggestions would be appreciated, you seem to know a lot about this stuff.

Thanks so much

Sola

1. NO Sugars & Refined Carbohydrates [and Trans Fats] as this contributes to acne production (I can attest) and LOWERS these supplements effectiveness!

2. Zinc monomethionine (Optizinc) 30 - 100mg

3. B5 - 5mg - 1g

4. Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheral acetate or mixed natural tocopherals) 400 IU - 3,000 IU

5. Acidolphilus (helps metabolize nutrients)

6. GLA ( more antiandrogenic than Zinc, anti-inflammatory) - 240mg - 1g

7. Vitamin A - 100,000 IU

** Take vitamin A, 10,000 - 30,000 IU daily

Vitamin A reduces sebum production and keratin production (Caution: taking mega doses of Vitamin A can cause headaches, fatigue, muscle and joint pain and other side effects. Consult a qualified practitioner before taking mega supplements esp if ur pregnant)

** Take vitamin E, 400 IU daily

Vitamin E is an antioxidant that enhances healing and tissue repair. It prevents cell damage by inhibiting the oxidation of lipids (fats) and the formation of free radicals (Also aids absorption of Vitamin A)

** Take vitamin B6, 50-100 mg daily

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) aids in hormone metabolism. Involved in cellular reproduction. Deficiencies have been associated with acne.

** Take Selenium, 200-400 mcg

Selenium encourages tissue elasticity and is a powerful antioxidant.

** Take Chromium supplements, 150-200 mcg daily

Chromium helps boosts the body's ability to break down glucose. Chromium supplements have been shown by researchers to be effective in the treatment of acne. As a causal agent, high blood glucose levels have been linked to acne

** Take Zinc, 30-50 mg daily

Zinc aids in healing of the tissues and helps prevent scarring. It helps prevent acne by regulating the activity of the oil glands. Zinc promotes a healthy immune system and the healing of wounds. It is also an antioxidant which helps to fight and prevent the formation of free radicals. But for every 30mg zinc take 2mg copper. Zincs that have been found effective for acne sufferers: Zinc Gluconate (HealthAid) & Zinc Monomethionine (Opti-Zone)

Other supplements that might help as well:

* Vitamin C (with bioflavinoids) 3,000 - 5,000 mg daily, in divided doses. Promotes immune function and reduces inflammation. Use a buffered type.

* Vitamin D 400 IU daily. Promotes healing and tissue repair.

any body here about these pills and never dared to try it or something

Come on people... Has anybody heard about this stuff... Natures cure... Can get it at drugstore.com or even at walgreens... Any body try it or have heard of it...

It's cheap, try it for yourself. I used it for like a month and a half, and noticed big improvements but I believe it was because I lowered the amount of washing I did to my face, it's pretty sensitive.

Make sure you CHEW THE TABLET and let it DISSOLVE on your tongue! It works much better that way, the tablets are sensitive to stomach acids.

this is the one thats boxed with the bp right?

i tired 1 box of it (a months worth), didn't really do much for me, tasted sorta like a suger pill. anyone know whats in the pill? i remember woundering that at that time, but the ingredients were not on the box.

Someone said on the message boards that the pills do nothing, but someone else tried it with out the pills because they were too sensitive to BP, and they said they still got a little clear. I heard it is like a hormonal thing, it calms it down.

I tried it three times. The first time I still got zits every now and then, but I looked pretty clear. I stoped because I was young and did not have a job. I got it again once I had money and it cleared me up again. I do not know why I stop again. I think I just wanted to try something different, like a perscription. I did it again, but then decided on Proactiv. I am thinking of switching back once more because it clears me up and makes my skin look normal. It's really cheap for me now, and like you said, I am also tired of all the different steps I have to do for my face. So instead of using 5 products day and night, I will only be using about 2 products if I go back.

I just bought it yesterday... Started taking last night... I havent gotten a zit and now i change my regimen... I think my new setup might sound extremely appling to people....

I started on Nature's Cure about 9 days ago and vitamin b5 2 days before that. I've noticed there might be a tiny bit of clearing but I don't know what causing it more, the NC or the b5. But I've actually stopped the b5 a couple days ago because i began noticing a few loose hairs on my hands when I rinse my hair in the shower. I'm hoping that the NC will have greater affects by the two week mark. Oh and I don't use the cream at all, but I have been using the aspirin mask with aloe vera mixed into it and that seems to work pretty good so far. Hopefully the affects don't wear off.

I started on Nature's Cure about 9 days ago and vitamin b5 2 days before that. I've noticed there might be a tiny bit of clearing but I don't know what causing it more, the NC or the b5. But I've actually stopped the b5 a couple days ago because i began noticing a few loose hairs on my hands when I rinse my hair in the shower. I'm hoping that the NC will have greater affects by the two week mark. Oh and I don't use the cream at all, but I have been using the aspirin mask with aloe vera mixed into it and that seems to work pretty good so far. Hopefully the affects don't wear off.

Cool man.. I take b5 but only 1gram of it...

hate natures cure almost as much as proactive. My skin was perfect, one pimple a month, decided ot take it, and boom I got 20 in a week. Hurtful pills...

Cool man.. I take b5 but only 1gram of it...

Well I actually stopped taking B5 a few days ago because I am experiencing hair loss.

Well it was definitely naturally, but a lot more than usual. I have never been able to run my hands through my hair in the shower and have as many loose strands of hair found on my hands.

well its been couple days since i posted... I started taking those nature pills a few days ago... No zits so far... No more bp cream... Yea!!!

I don't recommend experimenting with herbal supplements at all. I took ZenMed's DermaCleanse pills for two weeks, and stopped after breaking out everywhere on my face. I had just had issues around my mouth and chin, but the pills resulted in breaking out all over. At the end of January, I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed doxycyline, differin and some noritate for my chin area (rosacea may be the culprit there, he says).

I am still battling this stuff over two months later. I feel as if something in those supplements damaged my skin cells in a way that doesn't seem reversible. I get small pimples that just won't go away. ever. They just hang out forever on my forehead now. It's like my skin is in revolt. I wish I hadn't experimented with overdoses of "natural" herbs and I warn everyone against it. Sure, dermatologists are trained to dole out drugs and nothing else, but herbs, when taken at the levels pulled together by these profiteering people, can do their own mischief. I can't believe how reckless I was with my own body. I'd like to stop paying for it now, please? :shifty:

I don't recommend experimenting with herbal supplements at all. I took ZenMed's DermaCleanse pills for two weeks, and stopped after breaking out everywhere on my face. I had just had issues around my mouth and chin, but the pills resulted in breaking out all over. At the end of January, I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed doxycyline, differin and some noritate for my chin area (rosacea may be the culprit there, he says).

I am still battling this stuff over two months later. I feel as if something in those supplements damaged my skin cells in a way that doesn't seem reversible. I get small pimples that just won't go away. ever. They just hang out forever on my forehead now. It's like my skin is in revolt. I wish I hadn't experimented with overdoses of "natural" herbs and I warn everyone against it. Sure, dermatologists are trained to dole out drugs and nothing else, but herbs, when taken at the levels pulled together by these profiteering people, can do their own mischief. I can't believe how reckless I was with my own body. I'd like to stop paying for it now, please? :shifty:

I havent broken out like you stated... I guess the pills is not for everyone... All i have gotten is one white on my chin... My pores are clearing though... So i dont mind a white head hear and thier... Other then that no signs of zits or anything...

I have an unopened box of natures cure sitting on my dresser. Haven't tried it because I am actually on the ZenMed DermaCleanse system right now. I would be interested to know if the natures cure works for you.

I have been using it for about 6 weeks. At first I wasn't sure, but after this long I am condifent it has helped. I'm not clear, but it has been quite a bit better then it was.