Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so theres a girl that i like who rides the bus with me to and from the university. in fact, she lives really close to me (in the same apartment complex, but the complex has like 4 diff buildings.) i see her about every monday, wednesday, and friday. i have been wanting to ask her out for a long time, but dam, i'm just such a pussy. i am so afraid of rejection, and concious of my acne.

i was going to ask her if she wanted to go see a movie this morning at the bus stop, i was all ready for it, knew exactly what words i was going to say. but when she was actually standing next to me, i just couldn't do it. god, i'm mad at myself, i use to be fun, outgoing, now i'm like all reserved and shy. i can't all blame this on my acne either, i moved around alot when i was in high school, like 3 different high schools in 3 different states in a 4 year span, that totally fucked me up.

i mean, i tell myself that if she says no, o well, life goes on, but in the back of my mind, i would rather have that little chance that she might like me instede of just know that she don't like me.

ok, i'm going to grow some balls and ask her this afternoon, my acne is pretty much under control, but lots of red marks, so it makes it look alot worse then it really is. my hair is actually ok today, its sorta long now and really hard to control lol, wearing my lucky Bob Dylan tie-dye, with an drunkmonkey or something getto sweat shirt over that. ok, feeling good, gotta do it, have to do it, gotta know, phew, comon ball up, *shakes head around like rocky, starts punching air while jumping around*

ok, i'm weak, renforce my ego please?

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :turtle:

something to keep in mind.....

*body language is everything

*Before you ask her out, you might want to befriend her first to break the ice, otherwise it might come off as too forward.

(unless thats what she likes)(I certainly do, but cant speak for everyone)

*theres nothing to be afraid of, If she doesnt like you because of acne she's not worth your time

Amen

let us pray :pray:

Go for it! Like Lena said theres nothing to be scared of, what the worst that can happen!? And just try to be confident in yourself when you do it, most girls tend to like that in a guy!

Good Luck! :)

I would say something like 'what's the worst that could happen? GO FOR IT!'

But I'm just like you, too self-conscious to say 2 words to a chick...:)

But still, you should go for it...

i always sike myself up before hehe!

jus like "ima do it ima do it"

then jus fucking go for it an who cares what happens

Sorta attitude

u gota come accross confident

jus talk 2her

dont ask her out

she might give off this SUPER "no way" body lang an u can think "do one then u fool"

but u wil kno wen u talk 2her if ur interested

jus be CONFIDENT!

chicks love confidence

they get naked quicker lol!

im not a sexist PIG btw im jus tryin 2 put a light hearted approach on this!

ehe

Honestly - you're sense of humour is what is going to do it (get the girl, I mean!)! That was a GREAT post - very funny! :)

One thing I do to get myself psyched is countdown from 5.

I saw in my head (or get a buddy to do it) 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Go.

And Go. In your case, I would countdown to small talk, since you see her enough anyways, no rush on the asking. Once you two introduce each other you can continue to say 'Hello' and start standing/sitting nearby. Strangers only hook-up in bars and parties, not buses. Friends hook-up on buses.

eh, she wasn't there this afternoon, but i just started talking to this old dude(trying this more outgoing stuff i've been hearing about), and he was pretty cool, made a new friend :)

just gotta wait till friday (i'm sleeping in tomorrow, gotta do a 12 page research paper tonight, SINGLE SPACED[god hates me]!!!)

o well, thanks for the advice on here, my ego has been on an hiatus, its not sure what to do with all these positive comments

Good luck on Friday man. I wouldn't ask her to a movie straight out of the blue but that doesn't mean you're wrong in your approach. Everyone is different but I like the slowly starting out as friends, then asking her to a movie a couple days/a week later. Seems alot safer and the chance of getting shut down is less.

But I wish you luck regardless.

why jump the boat and ask her out, she might get scared. Thats brave though, but personally I'd go for the 'dip in the pool' rather then the plunge. Get some chat going

yeah, thanks for the advice guys. the movie i was going to ask her out on was like this special documentary at school (we're having like ethnic studies week), and i was more going to ask her like going out with a group, instede of like a date date thing. since the movie was only showing tonight (it was weird), i'll just take your advice and get to know her more.

p.s., taking a break from the paper atm, 2 pages down, 10 more to go...i don't know how much more bullshit i can make up :S

Yeah just chat her up about inane shit but dont get too friendly because u dont wanna end up in the friend zone..

NO: "will you go to the movie with me tomorrow?"

YES: "I'm going to a movie tomorrow, wanna come along?"

Yes!

You have a life regardless of her... but you have decided to include her, if she feels up to it.

True enough look at it this way, what do you lose if she turns you down, nothing. However I would see if she has a boyfriend first. Asking a girl who has a boyfriend out is disrespectful to both the girl and the guy.

Yeah just chat her up about inane shit but dont get too friendly because u dont wanna end up in the friend zone..

I wonder if there really is a friend zone. I was friends with my girlfriend for half a year before anything happened...

And about the girl, do some push ups before you talk to her, get the blood flowing...relax

Guest hopelessGuy

DeadHead..........

Heres what you do.....Pull out a condom from your pocket, and then ask her if she wants a date!

THE POWER OF CHRISTS COMPELS YOU!!!

NO: "will you go to the movie with me tomorrow?"

YES: "I'm going to a movie tomorrow, wanna come along?"

BEST: I'm taking you to a movie tomorrow. Whats your number?

But if he gets rejected, he will still have to face the girl in those days and it will be awkard.

Do you know anyone who might know her?

DeadHead..........

Heres what you do.....Pull out a condom from your pocket, and then ask her if she wants a date!

THE POWER OF CHRISTS COMPELS YOU!!!

i actually did that once in high school on a dare, needless to say, i got slaped pretty good.

and i started talking to her, i was real nervous, but after the first sentence, i lossened up a bit. i just went up to her and went like" so this is what it feels like to wake up at 11". she laughted, and we just started talking. and i have a car, i only choose to ride the bus cause gas is like 2.70 a gallon here, and bush is president.

:evil: grrrr....gas prices!!!

Im so proud of you for working up the nerve to talk to her, I hope things workout well for you :thumbsup: