Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotdamn

Exfoliation good or bad

if you mean bp it's great! :D/

n00b..

exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells. In other words its helps to to get rid of that shitty ass layer of skin and reveals the new, more healthier skin layer. It also helps for red marks. I've been exfoliating for 10 months and my skin looks pimp.

Exfoliation is the best! I especially do it gently when I feel that the bp is starting to dry out my skin. I like the apricot scrub stuff, and I also exfoliate with glycolic or salicylic acid.

I am not sure how much the exfoliation helps my pimples but it definitely makes my skin smoother and more glowy :D

Do not exfoliate until you are completely clear. For that matter, do not add in any other steps or products until you are completely clear. Exfoliation can be irritating and lead to more breakouts.

Once you are clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin reacts.

-Dan

Do not exfoliate until you are completely clear.  For that matter, do not add in any other steps or products until you are completely clear.  Exfoliation can be irritating and lead to more breakouts.

Once you are clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin reacts.

-Dan

Well I'm sure it depends on your skin type. I've been exfoliating from day one of treatment when I had some pimples. And it did nothing but wonders for my skin. I exfoliate twice daily, I use a very gentle exfoliant.

I would suggest exfoliating with Paula's Choice BHA 1% lotion. It goes within the pores and exfoliates the junk inside...and immediately after you apply the lotion, wait a few minutes, and then apply the BP...the BP is more easily absorbed.

I agree with curiousz... except that I use Paula's choice 2% BHA solution because I think it absorbs better than the lotion. I use it every other day, alternating with PC's 8% glycolic acid. Otherwise the bp just makes me way too flaky. I also exfoliate once a week with St Yves apricot scrub.

for a gentle scrub, you might want to try adding a little baking soda to your cleanser ( I use Cetaphil) it works pretty well, you don't want to use something that is too harsh

The problem I see with BP is that, for me and others who have dry skin, the clogging of the pores could be the main culprit with our acne. Bp is good at killing the bacteria but I feel like the bacteria isnt the problem with me. I get occasional acne, usually whiteheads and I feel if my skin wasnt so dry and flaky and unhealthy that my acne wouldnt be there. So for some of us I think exfoliating is a must. It is just a matter of finding something out there that isnt irritating. I am getting tired of my skin. The acne isnt even that bad, I would much rather have acne then have dry, pale dead skin that I currently have. I just need to find a way to get my skin back to normal.

for me too much exfoliation is bad, a little bit is good. cc blackhead clearing scrub 2 or 3x a week, and eurecin renewal in really small almost none existant quantities each day.