Notifications
Clear all

How much Aloe Vera has improved your pimples and red marks?

MemberMember
(@handsbella)

Posted : 04/04/2006 10:39 pm

I have read some threads about Aloe Vera here but there isnt many people to give feedback about how much (how many percentages) the Aloe Vera gel helps in diminishing red marks left by pimples.

I really hope those who used Aloe Verea gel before can spend some time to put your feedbacks here, appreciate.

MemberMember
(@teaspoon)

Posted : 04/04/2006 10:51 pm

Almost entirely. I had an enormous and nasty pus-ridden zit on my cheek about a month ago, I treated it with aloe vera(my only facial treatment) and you'd never know it was there, the spot it left faded so dramatically.

That said, Aloe has barely helped with my older red marks. But, the fact that it helps reducing the spots left by any new pimple means a lot, since it enables time to do its thing more effectively.

MemberMember
(@handsbella)

Posted : 04/04/2006 11:04 pm

Hi, Teaspoon, thank you very much for your posts.

May I know how long it heps for old red marks and new red marks respectively?

Thanks alot!

I really hope more people will give their feedbacks after using the Aloe Vera gel, thanks!

MemberMember
(@touch_yourself)

Posted : 04/04/2006 11:55 pm

I can say aloe vera gel has decrease the amount of redness on my face.It doesnt do much for deeper marks though.

MemberMember
(@teaspoon)

Posted : 04/05/2006 12:21 am

Thanks alot!

I really hope more people will give their feedbacks after using the Aloe Vera gel, thanks!

Well, I was consistently treating this nasty zit with aloe vera multiple times a day, perhaps 3-5. The zit lasted for about a week before it became a red spot, and now a month later, that red spot is completely gone.

As for old marks. They have faded a tiny bit in the past month or so, but I don't know if I can attribute that to aloe vera. I'm sure the aloe helps my skin overall, but I don't think it's doing that much for old red marks.

MemberMember
(@handsbella)

Posted : 04/05/2006 1:04 am

Thanks alot!

Well, I was consistently treating this nasty zit with aloe vera multiple times a day, perhaps 3-5. The zit lasted for about a week before it became a red spot, and now a month later, that red spot is completely gone.

As for old marks. They have faded a tiny bit in the past month or so, but I don't know if I can attribute that to aloe vera. I'm sure the aloe helps my skin overall, but I don't think it's doing that much for old red marks.

Hi, Teaspoon, thanks for your reply. May I know your regimen? Hope you dont mind. Or you can link me to the page showing your daily regimen. Maybe they contribute to fading your red marks together with the Aloe Vera. Thanks

I can say aloe vera gel has decrease the amount of redness on my face.It doesnt do much for deeper marks though.

Hi, Touch_Yourself, I mean shallow red marks. May I know how long you took to see it faded your red marks?

MemberMember
(@teaspoon)

Posted : 04/05/2006 2:35 am

Hi, Teaspoon, thanks for your reply. May I know your regimen? Hope you dont mind. Or you can link me to the page showing your daily regimen. Maybe they contribute to fading your red marks together with the Aloe Vera. Thanks

I don't really have a 'regimen', I eat a sensible diet, I take my vitamins, I use aloe vera on my face. That's about it.

About 3 months ago I got seriously tired of having acne, it started to, for the first time, annoy me. So I looked into treatments. I was immediately curious about B5 since people were raving about it. So that was the first I tried. I was taking 10g B5 for about 2 months. It worked very very well, it basically eliminated my acne problem, for hte most part. But I knew that taking a supplement all the time kind of sucked, so I started thinking about other angles to approach fighting my acne. Diet is the obvious one, I made a huge improvement in my diet, cutting out 90% of all refined sugars and foods. EAting many small meals in a day, lots of essential fatty acids, leafy greens, protein, and complex carbs.

I also began a workout routine, cardio a couple times a week and weights the rest of the weak, with ample rest.

Next to all that I started supplementing with various vitamins and minerals. Zinc citrate, Vitamin C, B-complex, and a good multivitamin. I also started supplementing Flax and Fish Oil in my diet.

All of this has helped my skin a lot, I barely get pimples and when I do they are small and they pass.

that said, I am getting a fairly large pimple right now, for the first time in about a month, it is being very slow to come to head, and it is quite painful, I don't know what might have happened, but I would imagine, it is an isolated fluke, perhaps caused by unnecessary agitation of the skin.

In the past week I have experimented with adding baking soda exfoliation and an egg white protein mask. I have also started drinking lemon juice at nights and I am experimenting with probiotics.

Basically, my acne has gotten about 95% under control, I still get small pimples from time to time, and that might be a result of trying many things at once, I'm not sure. I'm most concerned with healing my red marks though.

I believe that time is ultimately the only cure, but I think that exfoliation can probably help, hopefully the egg white mask will also help. I'm not really sure, eitherway, I'm pleased with my acne progress and ultimately, as long as I can keep the acne down, I can fight the red marks more effectively.

MemberMember
(@giannina)

Posted : 04/05/2006 3:55 pm

My red marks a much lighter thanks to aloe vera gel, I started using it about a month ago

MemberMember
(@jjred4)

Posted : 04/05/2006 5:24 pm

Yeh I noticed it hasnt done much with old red marks, but when I get a new big zit, vera eliminates the redness, thus preventing furutre red spots, its great for current acne spots!

MemberMember
(@wlitening37)

Posted : 04/05/2006 6:26 pm

I have been using aloe vera for the past month or so and have had mixed results. It seems to do a decent job fading my red marks, but it seems like everytime I put it on it seems to purge other areas causing a never ending cycle of developing new active spots. Sometimes I have wondered if I had not put it on, would I have as many active spots. So for now I'm suspending my use of aloe vera.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/05/2006 6:58 pm

anyone have tips on fading older red marks? i've been using aloe gel for a week now and i notice a difference in the new marks but not the the old ones too.

MemberMember
(@sayitloud)

Posted : 04/05/2006 7:20 pm

i don't know why but aloa vera gel hasnt really helped with my red marks at all. and i've been using it for a few months now. I'll have to try a different brand i guess, even though the one i'm using now says it's proven to be as effective as fresh aloe vera.

MemberMember
(@handsbella)

Posted : 04/05/2006 8:41 pm

I am asking this topic after i have tried so many methods but cant see any improvements.

Thank you so much for your postings, appreciate.

I will try the Aloe Vera gel , hopefully it really helps me, will keep up posting my results too.

MemberMember
(@martin06)

Posted : 04/11/2006 12:37 pm

just started using it

i'l let you know

MemberMember
(@stapler)

Posted : 04/11/2006 7:52 pm

Try exfoliating using baking soda 3-4x a week. After you wipe dry your face, apply generous amount of the aloe vera gel.

I've been doing this for a month and my old red marks are fading away. No other regimen... but drink more water and do a bit of exercise. Oxygen circulation is good for overall health and skin.

MemberMember
(@dvaughn2005)

Posted : 09/09/2008 6:38 am

I just read about it last night and put it on then and this morning I woke up and the inflammation on my face has went down considerably. I cant wait to see what it continues to do.

MemberMember
(@dvaughn2005)

Posted : 09/09/2008 7:11 am

I was just wandering, should this be used to replace another moisturizer or with it? The reason I am asking is cause I noticed that my skin is still flaky in the morning even after using it at night. But then again its the same way with the acne.org moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@max101)

Posted : 09/11/2008 4:15 am

I have 3 sets of ALOE VERA plants. I would use these plants whenever i had severe inflammation like those big red pimples. I would put it overnight for emergencies because the next day the pimple would be dramatically less poofed! So it helped with blemishes in size only

With red marks, Aloe vera doesn't help i've tried it for 3 months! and no nada! It only helps with active inflamed acne

MemberMember
(@enomisailat)

Posted : 07/21/2009 3:20 pm

can any aloe vera be used? If I just pick up the CVS, will it be a problem?

I am going to start after I get some opinions and mix it with some jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@brittbrat4416)

Posted : 07/21/2009 4:01 pm

can any aloe vera be used? If I just pick up the CVS, will it be a problem?

I am going to start after I get some opinions and mix it with some jojoba oil.

I've used aloe vera from the plant to help with redness and it has helped a lot! I've been using jojoba oil too as aloe can be drying and so far my red marks have faded and my overall skin tone is improving! In my experience it hasn't helped with active acne, just with helping my scars heal and my skin tone. Personally I was hesitant to get the store bought bottled kind because of the added chemicals. Some people said they weren't a problem, but others said they were so idk. I think the purest form is always best so I would get a plant if you can.

MemberMember
(@enomisailat)

Posted : 07/23/2009 12:24 pm

Where can I get an aloe vera plant? I don't see them around. Also, is there a pure organic brand that people can recommend? I see a lot for FOTE but that has additional ingredients and I want to go for the more organic route I can possibly get.

MemberMember
(@brittbrat4416)

Posted : 07/23/2009 12:30 pm

Where can I get an aloe vera plant? I don't see them around. Also, is there a pure organic brand that people can recommend? I see a lot for FOTE but that has additional ingredients and I want to go for the more organic route I can possibly get.

I got mine at home depot for about 8 bucks. It lasts forever too because you only need to break off a little piece to cover your whole face. I haven't been able to find an organic brand that seems okay to use yet either. The plant isn't a hassle though it just smells kinda funny.

MemberMember
(@julia-nevins)

Posted : 07/23/2009 12:42 pm

Does it have to be pure aloe vera, or can it be the lotion. I have one with tea tree oil in it.

MemberMember
(@nyccc)

Posted : 02/11/2010 6:56 pm

What kind of aloe vera? Gel? Oil? I wanna try it for my red marks...jojoba oil hasn't been working. :(

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 02/11/2010 7:58 pm

Definitely use the gel. Make sure it is 100% aloe vera, preferably w/o any coloring or fragrance added to it. Lotion, unless non-como will likely clog up your pores and cause more acne.

Sorry to bust your bubbles but aloe vera gel does not really fade away redness. It may work well with reducing some redness immediately after popping a zit but that's it. It does not exfoliate the skin.

My suggestion is to use Dan's AHA, ACV and/or get chemical peels done. Certain peels like glycolic acid or lactic acid can easily be done at home for a fraction of what the derms charge. THere is a DIY thread here.

If you have money and time, look into getting the V-beam done

Good luck