Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nominal

Random Acne Outbreak

Im 14, male. Ok i had this random outbreak, and i generally have good skin, idk what happend. I got a tetnus shot--or however you spell it--for my physical. A week later i decide to shave for the first time. 3 days later i get this large acne outbreak for no reason. I dont know what to do, or why it happend. I sometimes it nuts...that might contribute to it. I started using salycic acid 2%...for about a couple of days now (2x). It is getting a tad worst every day. Any help?

Noooo nooo i suggest not even doing aything on it just let it heal by itself I had only a few breakouts when i was 14 and i tired to put stuff of them and it will leave you with a long time problem with acne.. TRUST ME DONT PUT SHIT ON IT!

Congrats, you've just hit puberty.

Try the Clear Skin Regimen, it's worked for many, it'll work for you.

oh come on i hit puberty couple years ago...this outbreak is wierdm do you guys think it might have anything to deal with shaving with the new gillete (mack turbo 3 nitro battery thingie whatever it is) for the first time before using any other razor?

mmm, it could have something to do with the shaving, some people find that shaving aggrivates the skin for them and causes acne to form as a result. My advice to you would be leave it for a few weeks to see if it calms down and maybe switch razors to the Gillette Sensor Excel which Dan recommends as the least irritating.

Then if the acne presists then you should start treating it, for example with the regimen http://www.acne.org/regimen.html, or visit a dermatoligist. If this does happen just make sure you treat it before it starts to get in the way of your life! :)

if the acne is just around ur jaw area i would say that it probably is to do with shaving. My ex used to get alot of whiteheads after he shaved but if you leave it it should go in a while but definately switch razors.

I get those after shaving too, I think it's razor bumps which is very similar to acne except they hurt to the touch. Both of thema re inflammation.

my acne cure was the combination of 10% BP , Cetaphil Moisturiser and to completely stop shaving. i havent shaved in over two months and i havent have a pimple since. ive also struggled with Severe acne since i was 15. Now 19.

Congrats, you've just hit puberty.

Try the Clear Skin Regimen, it's worked for many, it'll work for you.

oh come on i hit puberty couple years ago...this outbreak is wierdm do you guys think it might have anything to deal with shaving with the new gillete (mack turbo 3 nitro battery thingie whatever it is) for the first time before using any other razor?

if you would have hit puberty a couple of years ago, you wouldnt have just shaved.

unless you had a beard.

so welcome.