Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where is all black people who have severe acne?

I think that black people have stronger skin, because they doesn't have skin problems as white people have.

Can someone send some pics of black people who have acne?

I'm interesting to know how their skin has reacted.

Ok, I found this pic - it's only quite moderate case, anyway it show something.

http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/produ...20Tree%20Ad.jpg

seems that they have stronger bodies; I've seen small (weak) black people with acne, but never the big hardcore guys. I guess their bodies work more efficiently at processing food/toxins/hormones, etc.

na black people have acne too

someone at work has acne an is black.

doesnt show up asmuch tho coz they are jus darker marks on their face

rather than how it was on me

Red Pimples on

White skin

its bound 2b more obvious hey

Guest hopelessGuy

I think that black people have stronger skin, because they doesn't have skin problems as white people have.

I rarely see black folks with bad skin, especially severe acne. There was this black guy the same height as me, we're about 5'6, and damn....i saw his penis and it was huge.

i see black people with acne or "bumps" as they call it all the time, as well as with brownish or purpleish marks left after acne [which show up as red marks on whites]. weak ones as well as strong muscular ones. tall or short. light skinned or dark. african americans or african immigrants. it's just not as apparent as it is in white people because their darker skin hides it, there's less contrast between pimple color and skin color lol. think about when white people get a tan, acne is much less apparent-- same thing but more dramatic. get close and you'll see there are very few black people who have flawless skin, just looks like it at first glance.

i used to live in a city that was mainly black, so i saw the whole spectrum. if you have like 5 blakcs in your town, they'll probably not have acne, same thing for the reverse- if your town only has 5 white people chances are they wont have acne either. same for asians. i guess jsut the more people of a certain race you see the more variety you will see, acne included.

I am a BLACK female and I must inform you that the picture that you have found is not of acne. It is a picture of a man with razor or shaving bumps.

I actually find your topic to be a bit offensive to be honest. I do not have pictures of a BLACK person with acne but I have seen alot of them. When I was in high school, one of my classmates had severe acne. Her face was covered with pimples and post acne hyperpigmentation, which were VERY dark spots on her face.

Acne is acne regardless of skin color. "Black" skin is more prone to hyperpigmentation than "White" skin. Hyperpigmentation shows up as purple or black marks on "Black" skin, while hyperpigmenation on "White" skin is red. Those are the only differences that I know of.

And I do not call my acne "bumps", I call it what it is, acne. Also, I know alot of Black people with flawless skin. Come on people, please stop generalizing!

I am a BLACK female and I must inform you that the picture that you have found is not of acne. It is a picture of a man with razor or shaving bumps.

I actually find your topic to be a bit offensive to be honest. I do not have pictures of a BLACK person with acne but I have seen alot of them. When I was in high school, one of my classmates had severe acne. Her face was covered with pimples and post acne hyperpigmentation, which were VERY dark spots on her face.

Acne is acne regardless of skin color. "Black" skin is more prone to hyperpigmentation than "White" skin. Hyperpigmentation shows up as purple or black marks on "Black" skin, while hyperpigmenation on "White" skin is red. Those are the only differences that I know of.

And I do not call my acne "bumps", I call it what it is, acne. Also, I know alot of Black people with flawless skin. Come on people, please stop generalizing!

F. U. Murad :wavey: how's it going? Have you been to the appointment with the derm? I hope everything goes well with you. Nice seeing you again.

F. U. Murad :wavey: how's it going? Have you been to the appointment with the derm? I hope everything goes well with you. Nice seeing you again.

:wavey: Hi CookieKiss! I didn't make the appointment. I decided to give Dan's regimen a fair chance. My face is looking much better already. Good to hear from you again! :)

:wavey: Hi CookieKiss! I didn't make the appointment. I decided to give Dan's regimen a fair chance. My face is looking much better already. Good to hear from you again! :)

:clap: I'm very glad it's working for you. I hope it'll clear you once and for good so you won't have to worry abt it anymore. :angel:

:clap: ICAM

Thanks F.U. Murad for your response. I read this yesterday, and as a black female was kind of offended. Actually not kind of, I was offended. I think people should take the time to ask their questions with appropriate language and terms.

Thanks F.U. Murad for your response. I read this yesterday, and as a black female was kind of offended. Actually not kind of, I was offended. I think people should take the time to ask their questions with appropriate language and terms.

Acneinthecity, I would normally ignore these kind of topics, but I just couldn't believe what I had read. Maybe it was ignorance on the part of the thread starter and the few posters thereafter, or maybe it was the wording. Either way I was shocked! I had to throw in my two cents.

well, i mean i guess it's a pertinant question if you've really never seen a black [was that the offensive part? i know 'african american' is the correct correct term but that gets long winded so i thoguht that was ok too...?] person with acne. its not being ignorant or mean or malicious, just curious. some diseases are race specific, or have a much higher rate in certain races than in others.

I don’t see how it's offensive... if a black person was asking why white people have more noticeable acne would it be offensive. I don’t see it.

Acne on black people is generally less visible than on pale white people.

I think you are reading into it way too much. This is just like when white people always think Mexicans are mocking them in spanish behind their back. It’s just silly…

Ok, I found this pic.

To start, are you an african american? If not, why the interest in finding pictures of african americans with acne? If you are, then you would know that your initial statement is false. I do not pretend to know the correlation between skin color and acne probability or severity, but I can speak from my own personal experiences. Maybe that is what you are doing, speaking from your own personal experiences. Being that I am an african american, maybe I can shed some light on how our skin reacts to acne.

I would classify my acne as mild to moderate. My experience with mild to moderate acne has been a few new pimples everyday. They range from whiteheads and blackheads, to papules and pustules. Some are painful, some are not. The only time that I have ever had cysts was when I was using Murad.

I hope that I have answered any questions that you may have had concerning african americans and our reaction to acne. Feel free to posts any other questions that you may have and I will do my best to educate you.

I don’t see how it's offensive... if a black person was asking why white people have more noticeable acne would it be offensive. I don’t see it.

I think you are reading into it way too much. This is just like when white people always think Mexicans are mocking them in spanish behind their back. It’s just silly…

Maybe you are right Andoo, maybe I am reading too much into. I, however, would not ask a white person why their acne is more noticeable. It is common sense.

Ok, I found this pic.

To start, are you an african american? If not, why the interest in finding pictures of african americans with acne? If you are, then you would know that your initial statement is false. I do not pretend to know the correlation between skin color and acne probability or severity, but I can speak from my own personal experiences. Maybe that is what you are doing, speaking from your own personal experiences. Being that I am an african american, maybe I can shed some light on how our skin reacts to acne.

I would classify my acne as mild to moderate. My experience with mild to moderate acne has been a few new pimples everyday. They range from whiteheads and blackheads, to papules and pustules. Some are painful, some are not. The only time that I have ever had cysts was when I was using Murad.

I hope that I have answered any questions that you may have had concerning african americans and our reaction to acne. Feel free to posts any other questions that you may have and I will do my best to educate you.

Maybe you are right Andoo, maybe I am reading too much into. I, however, would not ask a white person why their acne is more noticeable. It is common sense.

Well no offense but the original poster did not see as educated or as clairvoyant as you. Some people ask questions that seem obvious to others.

And I find the word African American a bit offensive to me. If you are American you are just that: American. If you were born in Africa, you are African. White people are called simply Americans. We all know the white man is not native to the land. I call myself American and I would expect any other person born here to call themselves American as well. Black is simply a word used to describe somebody the same way white is used.

Unity does not mean that we all have to be the same in looks and color. Know what I’m say’n? =)

In my country african americans are called black people. No, I'm not black, I'm just interesting to see some acne pictures of the black people and also interesting to know why they have so strong skin against the skin diseases like to acne.

Ok, I found this pic.

Well no offense but the original poster did not see as educated or as clairvoyant as you. Some people ask questions that seem obvious to others.

And I find the word African American a bit offensive to me. If you are American you are just that: American. If you were born in Africa, you are African. White people are called simply Americans. We all know the white man is not native to the land. I call myself American and I would expect any other person born here to call themselves American as well. Black is simply a word used to describe somebody the same way white is used.

Unity does not mean that we all have to be the same in looks and color. Know what I’m say’n? =)

I personally do not like the labels black or african american, because no, I was not born in Africa and black is a color in the Crayola box. So I do agree with you there. I also realize that the original poster may have a little problem with the english language. Please excuse me for being so touchy about this topic. I am color blind and to have a thread labelled "acne and black people" stuck a chord with me.

Everybody gets acne... Stop being raciest or just doging one type of skin color... Nobody has perfect skin 24/7... Well thats all...

In my country african americans are called black people. No, I'm not black, I'm just interesting to see some acne pictures of the black people and also interesting to know why they have so strong skin against the skin diseases like to acne.

I am beginning to believe that your question was asked with the purest of heart. Please forgive me for jumping to the wrong conclusion. I am woman enough to admit when I have made a mistake, and for me to assume anything was wrong of me. However, I am not aware of "black" skin being stronger than any other skin type.

Everybody gets acne... Stop being raciest or just doging one type of skin color... Nobody has perfect skin 24/7... Well thats all...

I guess your claim is right, if you can prove this through the evidence and sources.

Guest PokaHotAz

i live in south fla... ive seen plenty black people with acne... trust me ...acne hits anyone... i even know this one black dude w/ moderate acne...cysts n all

I have read that people of northern european descent are most likely to suffer from acne. However, all races have acne to some degree. This is not racist at all. Incidentally, my acne comes from my mother's mother who is Russian. So even though I look like a Mediterranean, I got the darn acne from the russian part of my heritage.