Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaybo

after 2nd course of orotane deciding 3rd

ive had 2 courses of 40 mg oroatane for 8 months each time. my doctor said do u wanna go back on it. i dont wanna cause its scared my face and my acne actually has come back worse after each course. the severe acne hasnt started yet but ive got pictures of my skin starting again. im really scared cause last time was horrible and i didnt even wanna leave my house. im also involved in weights and sport such as boxing and seriously if i get hit my face will scar as skin becomes so sensitive. im sick of having to take tane when all it does is eventually come back worse than it was before i touched tane.

i now have very ichy skin and it is red which u cant see. i didnt have this problem while on tane but now after tane my skin is heaps worse than it ever was except after my 1st course which my skin is slowly returning to. i wish i never had tane but it clears me up while on tane. these pics arnt ver clear but close. id like to get some opinions on whether i should go back on tane considering it clears me whilste on it but after it comes back worse with more red marks and scaring. im so confused and dont know what to do because my acne will only get worse. its only been 4 months after my second course and my derm said do u wanna go back on it. he wasnt my derm on the 1st course so he never seen how my skin was originally but im telling you my skin had no scaring at all before my 1st course and it was very mild acne. now i get big cysts. kinda suck but these are my pics of my skin starting again. mind you i get massive huge whiteheads that i dont have at the moment. most of the acne are red marks left from previous pimples in the last 3 months. im just worried cause its gunna get worse like last time.

post-31494-1144127673_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1144127698_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1144127714_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1144127727_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1144127673_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1144127698_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1144127714_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1144127727_thumb.jpg

ive had 2 courses of 40 mg oroatane for 8 months each time. my doctor said do u wanna go back on it. i dont wanna cause its scared my face and my acne actually has come back worse after each course. the severe acne hasnt started yet but ive got pictures of my skin starting again. im really scared cause last time was horrible and i didnt even wanna leave my house. im also involved in weights and sport such as boxing and seriously if i get hit my face will scar as skin becomes so sensitive. im sick of having to take tane when all it does is eventually come back worse than it was before i touched tane.

i now have very ichy skin and it is red which u cant see. i didnt have this problem while on tane but now after tane my skin is heaps worse than it ever was except after my 1st course which my skin is slowly returning to. i wish i never had tane but it clears me up while on tane. these pics arnt ver clear but close. id like to get some opinions on whether i should go back on tane considering it clears me whilste on it but after it comes back worse with more red marks and scaring. im so confused and dont know what to do because my acne will only get worse. its only been 4 months after my second course and my derm said do u wanna go back on it. he wasnt my derm on the 1st course so he never seen how my skin was originally but im telling you my skin had no scaring at all before my 1st course and it was very mild acne. now i get big cysts. kinda suck but these are my pics of my skin starting again. mind you i get massive huge whiteheads that i dont have at the moment. most of the acne are red marks left from previous pimples in the last 3 months. im just worried cause its gunna get worse like last time.

hey dude,

i've got one month to go on my 2nd accutane course and your skin looks pretty good i think

you're blowing up about nothing...i honestly think that if you went on oratane for a 3rd course you'd knock it out for good

if you don't want to that's cool, it just looks like mild acne to me - no scarring or anything...good

Ryan

Hi Jaybo,

If I were you, I would go on a 3rd course. Instead of taking 40mg a day for 8 months,

ask your derm to put you on a higher dose a day for a shorter period. This could work

better for you in the long run. I have mild to moderate acne, it's not severe at all and

I'm on 50mg a day for 4 months. My derm was considering putting me on a lower dosage

for 9 months, but changed her mind and said 'let's just aniolate (spelling??) this acne'.

I think you should just keep on taking courses of it until it clears your acne for good.

Good luck, and I agree with daz2, your acne and marks arn't as bad as you mention

it is.

I agree that the issue is probably your dosage. If you are going to take another course, talk to your doctor about a higher dosage. Something in the range of 1.5mg/kg/day. Although i wouldn't do another course unless it got quite a bit worse than what you show in your pics which isn't too bad and could probably be controlled with topicals.

no you guys all misunderstood. its not bad yet last year it was the same but say in 2 months my face will explode like last time. this is exactly how it started before it turned into severe

I don't know what to say, you've havn't had a straight forward run with tane so its hard to predict anything. Your derm would know best, better than anyone on here. I know what they are like at the hospitals here if you don't go private but you really need a good long chat with him/her. Your skin does look good at the moment. So yeah talk to your derm, but report back to us.

Just because it worsened last time is not a guarantee that it will worsen this time, or that it will worsen on the same schedule. I wouldn't go on Accutane unless what i had was bad enough to justify it.

Are you using any topicals? The skin is often more responsive to them after an Accutane course, even ones that had no effect before.

Just because it worsened last time is not a guarantee that it will worsen this time, or that it will worsen on the same schedule. I wouldn't go on Accutane unless what i had was bad enough to justify it.

Are you using any topicals? The skin is often more responsive to them after an Accutane course, even ones that had no effect before.

Sorry to hear bro, you and I are in the same boat. I've taken one course of accutane, and now a little over 6 months my face looks similar to yours. I hate it, while it's pretty mild I'm ready for it to get over with.

well the thing is ok what upsets me the most is that i had no red mark no scars at all which i do now little ones. after my 1st course because i had to go on it again this time the red marks have stayed since 1 year ago. my skin use to heal better but not only that i never got cystic acne as big as the ones i get now.

the worste thing that irritates me is my overly itchy skin and redness that cam after i finished my second course. my skin was never like this now it only seems to be much more irritated red and a bit scared. sometimes i think was the tane really worth it. I did use a topical stieva_a and im serious it screwed my face it was so red and yet my acne was the worste id ever had so mabe it was the stieva-a. i now have broken cappilaries that looks like acne but ive heard i can get them lasered anyway. id have no problem going back on the tane if it was like my 1st course but seriously in my second course the side effects were much worse.

by major concern is i lift weights 3-4 times a week and im serious the joints and muscles get so sore. also the fact i cant go in the sun at all. the wierd thing is my skin is stil dry but my acne is coming back ever since i stoped the tane.

if i go back on tane im gunna say to my derm fuck this 40mg bullcrrap give me 100mg so i can get of this shit quiker. i kinda just wanna be normal and not have to depend on tane

My uncle who's around 37 now, suffered with severe acne for about 10 yrs.

He was treated with about 3 accutane courses before his skin really cleared.

Now he still gets one or two every other month, but nothing he can't deal with.

About your redness and scarring, have you been on supplements consistently

since your accutane courses? If you havn't I personally think you should.

eg. Zinc (best for healing in the body) Get a multivitamine with minerals

in it as well with a high dosage of zinc, or buy zinc as a seperate supplement

in high dosage.

What about vitamine E oil on your skin for the marks? You only have to put

it on at night before you go to sleep, this won't only help your scars but will also

dramatically help your dry and itchy skin - guaranteed :) Use it for months

until your scars go away.

so the vitamin e oil wont cause more acne? and what supplements can i take as id be happy to take them.

like what brands if anyone knows i live in australia. my doctor put me on clydamycin 1 percent but he said it wont stop the big ones :(

I would suggest, a multivitamine with minerals and vitamine E in it. And definately Zinc, zinc is very important for healing skin.

Don't put vitamine E oil onto active pimples, only on your marks and scars. Use only at night before you go to sleep. I have a friend who has bad skin and she scars badly. She gets about 1 cyst or nodule a week. But her general skin condition is bad. Big pores, little bumps under the skin. She also has quite oily skin and she uses vitamine E oil every night and since she's been using it, her skin is looking much better, especially the marks and she hasn't broken out from using the oil. It's worth a try, see how it goes, you don't have anything to loose.

yes but it was severe and im due for it in 2 months like last time after my 1st course of orotane

well the thing is ok what upsets me the most is that i had no red mark no scars at all which i do now little ones. after my 1st course because i had to go on it again this time the red marks have stayed since 1 year ago. my skin use to heal better but not only that i never got cystic acne as big as the ones i get now.

the worste thing that irritates me is my overly itchy skin and redness that cam after i finished my second course. my skin was never like this now it only seems to be much more irritated red and a bit scared. sometimes i think was the tane really worth it. I did use a topical stieva_a and im serious it screwed my face it was so red and yet my acne was the worste id ever had so mabe it was the stieva-a. i now have broken cappilaries that looks like acne but ive heard i can get them lasered anyway. id have no problem going back on the tane if it was like my 1st course but seriously in my second course the side effects were much worse.

by major concern is i lift weights 3-4 times a week and im serious the joints and muscles get so sore. also the fact i cant go in the sun at all. the wierd thing is my skin is stil dry but my acne is coming back ever since i stoped the tane.

if i go back on tane im gunna say to my derm fuck this 40mg bullcrrap give me 100mg so i can get of this shit quiker. i kinda just wanna be normal and not have to depend on tane

I never could lift anything or exercise while on accutane

but yeah maybe you need a higher dosage like 70 or 60 mgs? 100 seems excessive for your skin

good luck man

yeh il probably go on 40mg then 60 mg then 80mg to kill the bastards. then go back to 60mg then 40 mg then finish this crap. im gunna give it 1 month and see how my skin is although im getting sore big ones under my neck. i dont mind those as much as my cheeks as they dont scar as easy under my neck

yeh il probably go on 40mg then 60 mg then 80mg to kill the bastards. then go back to 60mg then 40 mg then finish this crap. im gunna give it 1 month and see how my skin is although im getting sore big ones under my neck. i dont mind those as much as my cheeks as they dont scar as easy under my neck

when you workout are you taking any supplements like creatine or something? I heard that can be bad for your skin *shrug