Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JONNY!

Minocin is working for me!!

Hi, im 16 and have mild acne. I started minocin about 3 months ago. After 2.5 months i was about to give up on minocin, and actually got 3 boxes of tetralysal from my GP..

But then! - i decided to keep going with the minocin for a bit longer, and now i can see it is working - i have no active acne atm, and only a few red marks! for the first time in months i was happy to go out and not worry about people looking at me! it was great!:)

anyways...basically i want 2 ask - ia my acne likely to return soon? and is there anything i can do to stop it?

P.S. - dont give up on medication 2 early!!! - stick in there!

hmmm, that seems like good news for me, did you start around the end of jan beginning of feb 2 then? im almost in my tenth week and havnt noticed any results yet, i got that around four weeks ago, hopefully for you itll last tho, mine calmed down to no active acne then just came back, ive read on here that it happend to one girl before..i.e. you have the initial breakout, everything calms, then it comes back, another breakout and then clear skin, hopi ng thats the case for me, fingers crossed for you tho mate! mine sounds worse than yours tho, and my chin and nose are clear so maybe it clears those first, just my cheeks that have it bad.

goood luck dude!!

btw, i dont think thers much you can do to make it last longer if it works, ive heard that a bp regime can extend your clear period but tbh if your clear then your unlikely to stick to a regime that isnt doing anything and just bleaches everything, if it does work you could have anythin from three months to six years(is the longest ive heard any way) of clear skin, im hoping the latter! good luck!

i dunno lol, i kinda lost track of how long ive been on it, even though the days of the week are written on the packet! When i was getting ready to go back to my GP ( i really wanted accutane, but deep down i knew i didn't really need it) i stopped taking my minocycline tablets, and started emptying them onto my desk ( they are filled with tonnes of cool wee balls of stuff - yellow and white!). Yeh so then my skin got better, and i wanted 2 keep taking them :) i think i wasted like 10 of them :confused::confused:

thought id say thanks on here instead of my thread!

cheers for the reply, hopefully itll work out then for me, my problem is that erythromycin cleared me up completely, i started minocin before my acne came back totally hoping it would kick in before it did come back, so pretty much every day looks worse to me as i kinda got used to clear skin, but today things are really bad!, did you not notice any effects atall until the twelth week?!

nah not really - it gets better/worse from week to week even when i wasnt on medication..so i didnt really know if it was the minocin. What side effects have u had? Im 99% that minocycline has given me the problem of flushing. Because now sometimes if i get a tiny bit hot or something - my face overheats, goes bright red, i sweat and it really sucks! it never happened before minocin...

anyways...basically i want 2 ask - ia my acne likely to return soon? and is there anything i can do to stop it?

Anybody else got any ideas?

so you didnt notice it was working until that week?, mine gets better then worse then better then worse as you said, so did you just notice it get better? how is it now by the way? good i hope, praying this is gna kick in, im still getting new spots every day! grrrrr, sorry not to be anyone else, at least thisl bump your thread.