Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have been using the bare minerals tinted mineral veil, but it is so expesive and i am thinking of changing to pure luxe. i don't use be foundation but the mineral veil gives me a little color and helps control my oil. if i switch should i just get the translucent matte stuff. any suggestions would be great and let me know your experience.

oh, i forgot, i have used pure luxe foundations and felt it was too makeup-y. that's why i only used the tinted mineral veil cause it doesn't look like makeup but it gives me a hint of color. i didn't like the be foundation either cause it didn't give me anything. i use pure luxe foundation as a spot concealor, but i just want something like the mineral veil that will control my oil and give me a little color but not look cakey when i put it on.

The thing that's great about Pure Luxe is that the samples and shipping are so cheap. The shipping is standard, so it may take a week to get your stuff, but its worth it.

I use "You Glow Girl", which is similar to the translucent matte, but gives a shimmer. Its not cheesy, and barely noticeable, but if you want no shimmer at all, go regular translucent matte.

I also love "April's Mix". That stuff rocks! Its nothing like the foundation, but has a little more coverage than the finishing powder. Gives a faint glow to your skin, but doesn't look glittery.

As far as their foundations in general...I had a big problem with them at first, but I tried different brushes. I found that if I use a certain brush, and apply it very lightly, the effect is nothing like my first attempts (cakey, HUGE pores, shows every wrinkle, etc.) So you can make it work if you play with it.

I'm like you, though, and I still don't wear the foundation very much...just for concealing and on a few red areas.

Hope that helps :)

Guest Gentle~Rain

The thing that's great about Pure Luxe is that the samples and shipping are so cheap. The shipping is standard, so it may take a week to get your stuff, but its worth it.

I use "You Glow Girl", which is similar to the translucent matte, but gives a shimmer. Its not cheesy, and barely noticeable, but if you want no shimmer at all, go regular translucent matte.

I also love "April's Mix". That stuff rocks! Its nothing like the foundation, but has a little more coverage than the finishing powder. Gives a faint glow to your skin, but doesn't look glittery.

I have used "April's Mix" and think it is good too! The trans matte will give you no color and although it's trans it may look whiteish on bare skin if you're too heavey handed. I'll tell you the owner is SO nice if you ask she may tint the trans matte for you or mix it 50/50 with a foundation shade. Or you could just do it...buy 2 samples....one trans matte...one foundation....dump together....voila! (I don't think you'll have to worry about an exact match if you are only going for a hint of color!!) You could also try the medium toned powder earaser here ( scroll down) it can be used as a finisher too.

i thought about mixing in some bronzer with the translucent to give me a hint of color.

oh, also, does april's mix mattify? i thought about just trying that. but i don't know.

I just received some samples from Pure Luxe in the mail. Is the coverage pretty good, and also, does it really hold up to humidity like the website claims? I'm going to be in Mississippi later on in May, and I need something that will stand up to the jungle heat!

the coverage is good, but be careful.....it can get cakey in my opinion. i don't use their foundation except to spot conceal. i live in indiana and we haven't had a lot of humidity lately, so i can't say as far as that goes, but i like it so far.

yeah, you have to apply very very very very lightly from what i hear. like i said, i don't use it except to spot conceal.