Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I do and dont have any problems, but if youre not used to it id use a sunscreen becasue dsnt BP make you more sensitive to sunlight? :)

I do and dont have any problems, but if youre not used to it id use a sunscreen becasue dsnt BP make you more sensitive to sunlight? :)

Thank you for replying. Can I ask if the BP regime is working for you? I see you have been on here since Dec 05. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and it seems to have got worse. Any help or advise would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Yea its worked great for me! Don't worry if it dosent seem to be working yet, youre only 3 weeks in some people can take a few months until thet start to see results- just make sure your following it precisely and you should be making progress in no time! Also what products are you using, maybe they could possibly have something to do with your progress, however, I think it is more likely that youre just still in the early stages :)

Yea its worked great for me! Don't worry if it dosent seem to be working yet, youre only 3 weeks in some people can take a few months until thet start to see results- just make sure your following it precisely and you should be making progress in no time! Also what products are you using, maybe they could possibly have something to do with your progress, however, I think it is more likely that youre just still in the early stages :)

Thank you for replying so quickly. My regime is:-

Clearasil sensitve face wash

BP 2.5% (alternate with 5%)

Eucerin skin renewal

Doing this twice a day. I am going to carry on for a bit. How long did it take for you and are you completely clear now?

I have read so many different things about how effective it is on this site that it is hard to know. I did have spots on my back and chest a bit and these seem to have all but cleared it is just my face that seems to be worse. I am wearing make up (no pore cloging and no oil) because I can't go without until it has cleared up a bit. I was doing the Derma cleanse and can off of that a few weeks ago so that may have something to do with it as well - have you used this?

Thank you!

Sorry I dont know anything about derma cleanse! Does your cleanser contain any active ingregients such as salayic acid (sp!?) becasue that could be over irritating your skin and making the regimen less effective. For me I cleared almost straight away with breakouts at about weeks 2-3 and 4-5, but my acne was only very mild so that is probably why I cleared so quickly. For most people it takes much longer, up to 3 months for some- just try to stick with it- its been so effective for so many people, and what have you got to loose as the worst is probably over with now (as it sounds as if you have had the initial breakout and the symptoms of BP such as dryness should get much better now youve been using it a while!) :)

initially most people seem to clear up totally, then acne comes back around 2-3 mark and can last then for different ammounts of time depending on each person.

I dont really see the need for you to alternate between 2.5%BP and 5% BP.

2.5% is fine for acne treatment, 5% might overly irritate ur skin.

The key to ur skin becoming clear is being gentle when washing/applying bp.

make sure ur very light and gentle an mayb consider changing to Dans CSR 2.5%BP Gel as its Top Notch :D

feel free to ask as many questions u want as we are here to help you guys!

good luck :pray:

studies are now showing that there is no safe way to tan. Tanning beds are just as bad for you as the sun. I feel compelled to tell you this.

As for whether or not you should tan while using bp, well, personally I wouldn't. It's not safe anyway, and especially with bp your skin is going to be more sensitive.