Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28456

Questions about Aloe Vera

my current regimen is in my sig

neutrogena healthy skin face lotion has helped my face a lot. my redmarks are fading, but very slowly.

1. if i get some aloe vera gel (100%), and use it, could it replace my moisturizer?

2. do i still need the spf protection if i use aloe vera?

3. how effective is aloe vera?

4. how soon will i see results?

5. how does the cvs version of 100% aloe vera compare to Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel?

6. if i get aloe vera, should i use it before or after bp?

7. what are some other brands of aloe vera that are good?

thanks

1. if i get some aloe vera gel (100%), and use it, could it replace my moisturizer?

Aloe does not fully moisturize for many people...not for me either.

2. do i still need the spf protection if i use aloe vera?

Yes. Aloe is not a sunscreen.

3. how effective is aloe vera?

Very effective in soothing burned skin. Good for hair gel. Good for blemishes according to many here.

4. how soon will i see results?

Give it two weeks.

Have no idea. :(

6. if i get aloe vera, should i use it before or after bp?

Have no idea I think after.

5. how does the cvs version of 100% aloe vera compare to Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel?

Both have the same exact igredients, so i'm pretty sure they're basically the same thing. CVS is probably just a generic brand of the FOTE. Not 100% sure, but they'll probably work the same. The only difference i saw based on those links was the price (CVS is $1 cheaper)Hope that helps.

so should i use aloe vera and then a moisturizer? neutrogena healthy skin face lotion has 8% glycolic acid. should i use that with aloe vera?

With regards to the generic CVS brand. As long as it is pure aloe vera GEL your probably alright. The healing properties of aloe are most concentrated in the gel and not the juice. The juice is good for other things, but is not really effective as a treatment for acne or red marks.

Many socalled 'gels' are actually derived from aloe vera juice.

Also, with regards to aloe making your face 'stiff'. That can happen if you use a ton of it, but if you don't use too much, it shouldn't matter, but the siffness is not a result of drying, aloe works as a moisturizer by creating a seal to keep moisture in your skin, the stiffness is a result of too many layers of the gel drying, but your skin underneath the gel would still be moisturized.

Aloe Vera gel isnt really a moisturizer, because it tightens, and dries up your skin.But with that being said, I still use it as a moisturizer because I dont want to use so many random products on my face.I also noticed that the acne seems to come to head, and heal faster, as the result of using aloe vera gel.

so should i use a moisturizer with aloe vera?

I used to put an SPF moisturizer over aloe vera gel but it was a bit much. I think that the aloe vera is moisturizing enough so I just use a lightweight sunblock over it and it works great! I use the aloe vera after BP, and I use FOTE 100% aloe vera. I've been using it day and night for only a week but I can already tell an improvement in my complexion. Good luck!

i'm thinking of getting Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly. Is this better than FOTE?

http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cfm/sku/81501

i like the vitamins and the lack of need for preservatives (vit c is a natural preservative)

whole foods sells a 4oz bottle for $4. it's a bit more expensive (cvs 6oz 100% aloe vera is $3, but it has perservatives and no vitamins)

i just went to whole foods and instead of lily of the desert, i got this:

http://www.vitacost.com/JasonAloeVera98MoisturizingGel

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...x=28044&tab=0#0

it's the same as lily of the desert, except this one is moisturizing, and lily of the desert has vitamins A, C and E.

i had both in my hand and :think:

just put some on. it feels very cool (as in the temperature). it doesn't really smell good, but it's not so bad

anyone use something like this before?

after using it 3 times now, i must say this stuff is pretty damn good. smells kinda weird though.

it moisturizes pretty well. after bp, i don't get any flakes and skin is nice & smooth and not oily. the moisturizing effect doesn't last long though. sadly. but it's not bad.

wat would u guys suggest? keep this, or get the Lily of the Desert one with Vitamins A, C, E and then use a gentle moisturizer with spf?

Here is my current regimen:

Morning:

Wash with proactiv cleansing wash,

apply aloe vera gel ( Brand Aloe Life with Vit A,E, and C) wait until dry and

then apply Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer (It has self tanning ingredients)

Night:

Wash with proactiv cleansing wash,

use proactiv toner with glycolic acid,

use proactiv's repairing lotion with BP

Apply Aloe Vera gel and wait until dry,

appy Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for sensitive skin.

Every other day:

At night after cleansing I will apply the Proactiv repairing mask and then continue with the rest of my regimen.

Note: I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now and do not have a single pimple! It's great, my red marks are fading and my face is clear.

Just wanted to share with everyone how I incorporated Aloe Vera Gel into my regimen.

Can someone who lives in canada ont, name some brand names of Aloe vera......I'm having a hard time finding them..thanks a lot

after using it 3 times now, i must say this stuff is pretty damn good. smells kinda weird though.

it moisturizes pretty well. after bp, i don't get any flakes and skin is nice & smooth and not oily. the moisturizing effect doesn't last long though. sadly. but it's not bad.

wat would u guys suggest? keep this, or get the Lily of the Desert one with Vitamins A, C, E and then use a gentle moisturizer with spf?

help?

help?

I have Lily of the Desert and it sounds from your experience to be like Jason's. Unless you really want to change it I would suggest just to keep using the same one since you already have it.

i went and bought the lily of the desert one. it's definitely drying. but it does have vitamins, less preservatives, and it doesn't smell weird. there is no smell at all.

which should i use?

You should use whatever you like better and what seems to feel better on your skin. I don't think Lily of the Desert makes your face dry, it just makes it feel really tight for a while.