Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TALDER

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

For those that have used the fruit of the earth aloe vera gel as a moisturizer.........did it break you out when you first started using it? Has it helped your skin in any way? What is your overall opinion about it? Thanks in advance!

I used it as a moisturizer for like a week and it made my skin really dry so I had to use another moisturizer in conjunction with it. Used the Gel for like 3 months and it was alright I suppose. Didn't break me out at any point but I was hoping it'd help fade my redmarks which sadly it did not.

I use it to help heal any active pimples or red marks. It does a really good job at this, but kinda sucks as a moisterizer. Try jojoba oil instead. I put aloe vera gel on after the jojoba oil sinks into my skin. It's good stuff.

Aloe Vera gel is about the only thing I put on my face these days. It doesn't break me out, it moisturizes very well and it improves my skin texture. It has been amazing at healing active acne and almost completely preventing red marks from forming afterward. It hasn't done much to fade old red marks, but I believe it has done some good in that area as well. I recently switched from Fruit of the Earth to generic rite aid brand. It is identical ingredients and slightly cheaper, it also has vitamin E added so in theory that should help my skin even more. I have not broken out from the new gel. It absorbs easier and makes my skin feel good.

i wouldn't trust the Fruit of the Earth on my face. there are some weird preservatives in it. an aloe vera plant is prob just as inexpensive and a lot better for your face

i wouldn't trust the Fruit of the Earth on my face. there are some weird preservatives in it. an aloe vera plant is prob just as inexpensive and a lot better for your face

most OTC creams/gels are going to have other chemicals in them. They most likely wont harm too much. I mean, look at the ingredients for moisturizers: there is a lot of weird sounding ingedients listed. But its just a risk you have to take when using manufactured skin products. In the end though, I bet the benefits outweigh the doubts (well not in all cases, but you catch my drift)

For those that have used the fruit of the earth aloe vera gel as a moisturizer.........did it break you out when you first started using it? Has it helped your skin in any way? What is your overall opinion about it? Thanks in advance!

i use it on my HAIR!..never used it on my skin

go to this site http://zerozits.com/Articles/acne_detective/article6.htm

check the ingredients in the aloe vera product to the site. if ur satisfied w/ potentially irritating products...fine...if not, just go get the plant. it is MUCH better for your face. whatever you choose to do.

almost EVERYTHING has either fragrance or Cetyl Acetate in it