Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KSAF

Bare Minerals

Has anyone else broken out from the minerals? I don't wear makeup on the weekdays eeeek! But when I do on the weekends I swear I get more pimples...

mmm... I don't have a problem with bare minerals... but I've heard a lot of people break out from it..

Yes, bare minerals broke me out too. It might be the bismuth oxychloride in it. There are tons of other mineral makeups out there that don't contain bismuth in them. Maybe you could try some of those? Usually, they sell good samples you could experiment with.

It could also be the mica content, which breaks me out too! I've just ordered some samples from Cory Cosmetics and they don't contain bismuth or mica. Maybe you should give them a try?

BE made my skin go insane!!! It didn't even look very natural on my skin, it looked really crazy...I started getting breakouts where I never got them before (on my jawline)..they started out with little bumps, then they became huge, and now I'm still recovering with tons of red marks... ):

It could also be the mica content, which breaks me out too! I've just ordered some samples from Cory Cosmetics and they don't contain bismuth or mica. Maybe you should give them a try?

If you think it could be mica related, then you need to watch out for serecite. It's a colorless mica that a lot of other mineral makeups use. I've used formulations containing serecite and haven't had problems, so for me, I think it was more due to the bismuth oxychloride that I had such a horrible reaction.

i dont realy know how to tell if it breaks me out i just notice when i wear it that i seem to have more white heads...

I broke out with Bare Minerals, plus the coverage sucked. I changed to Sheer Cover and I love it.

yah me too, i used bare mineral and jane iredale and couple months later i started to break out along my jawline and then i start getting nodules and cysts. now im on antibotics because of them!!

Wow, I just checked out the ME website. That's nice it's got Zinc Oxide as the first ingredient. It's hard to find MMU w/ZO as the first ingredient.

OMG!!! maybe bare minerals is my problem! i've been using it for about a year and my skin's been going ape-shit! i would have never guessed the bare minerals because of it being mineral and "so good for your skin you can sleep in it". I'm not using it anymore starting today. too bad i have a ton of it :(

thanks for your post

That messy junk made my skin itchy. And you could see it on my skin. They switched colors for me to a yellow toned one. This color was worse than the first. Now I use L'oreal and I am ever so pleased. And it is half the price of BM

That messy junk made my skin itchy. And you could see it on my skin. They switched colors for me to a yellow toned one. This color was worse than the first. Now I use L'oreal and I am ever so pleased. And it is half the price of BM

The itchiness drove me MADDDD...horrible! HORRIBLE! Expensive shat that caused me nodules for the first time in my life...just great!

I was even MORE self conscious with it on my face I think....because you could see the weird powder attaching itself to my dryer spots, HIGHLIGHTING flaws!

The itchiness drove me MADDDD...horrible! HORRIBLE! Expensive shat that caused me nodules for the first time in my life...just great!

I was even MORE self conscious with it on my face I think....because you could see the weird powder attaching itself to my dryer spots, HIGHLIGHTING flaws!

They really had a scam going, telling people that the minerals are 'inert' so they can't cause acne. I believed it too, back then when I was young and naive, lol.

yah me too, i used bare mineral and jane iredale and couple months later i started to break out along my jawline and then i start getting nodules and cysts. now im on antibotics because of them!!

You really think that the mineral makeup gave you cysts? Too bad you can't sue

You really think that the mineral makeup gave you cysts? Too bad you can't sue

Typical!!! How American :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hmmm, I currently use Bare Minerals and like it just fine, although I am still icky-looking (despite my moniker). I stopped using it for a month and found no improvement correlated, so I don't think the makeup is the culprit with me. Even so, your posts give a girl reason to pause...hmmm. I am dealing with icky bumps that won't go away now...ugh. Thanks for posting your thoughts on this!