Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First off, I've always had some issues with posting personal messages on online forums, even if there's no way to ID me.

I've had acne for about 4 years(I'm 22 BTW.......) and lately its cleared up a great deal (moderate/constant --> light scarring). For as long as I can remember, pre-acne, and even now, I've had a fear of talking to girls. Even before I've had acne, I was never able to get over the hill.

I can say though that I am lucky, since unlike a few others on this board (nothing personal...), I have good group of friends who don't crack wise with me on this, and accept that I am shy towards girls.

Can anyone please (and I mean PLEASE) give me some constructive criticism towards solving this issue.

Reply, I have a good sense of humour. Any & all reponses are cool with me! (this last bit is going to burn me, lol)

you just gotta do it. put yourself out there. go to a mall or something with 1-2 friends and have them MAKE you approach random girls. after awhile it'll be natural and you'll get better and better and feeling more confident.

Being shy kills everything. I hate it. I'm sure some girls would love to meet a confident, funny guy. Guy are usually supposed to make moves, so just go up and say something, don't hold back. Thinking of a phrase to say too much seems to just throw me off. Just go up and be yourself. Of course, it might help to have a circumstance where it doesn't seem like you're just walking up to girls randomely, some chicks think that's stalker-like and yeah. If you're standing in line or something and see a girl, you can say hi or something, and maybe a convo will start.

Pretty much all I can offer is: don't hold back when approaching a girl. Don't be crazy, but be loose and yourself. Looseness, being yourself, and not caring a huge deal (as in not freaking out about what she'll think about it) will probably make you seem more confident, and act like it too.

Sorry if my advice is shit. Good luck!

all girls REALLY want is a genuine guy who treats them with respect and dosen't pretend to be this 'player' or shit like that. oh, when guys act all sincere when it's just u and them, but when their friends are there they turn into jerks,whats that about?I'm not generalising tho, I kno there are alot of nice guys out there=)

Being shy kills everything. I hate it. I'm sure some girls would love to meet a confident, funny guy. Guy are usually supposed to make moves, so just go up and say something, don't hold back. Thinking of a phrase to say too much seems to just throw me off. Just go up and be yourself. Of course, it might help to have a circumstance where it doesn't seem like you're just walking up to girls randomely, some chicks think that's stalker-like and yeah. If you're standing in line or something and see a girl, you can say hi or something, and maybe a convo will start.

Pretty much all I can offer is: don't hold back when approaching a girl. Don't be crazy, but be loose and yourself. Looseness, being yourself, and not caring a huge deal (as in not freaking out about what she'll think about it) will probably make you seem more confident, and act like it too.

Sorry if my advice is shit. Good luck!

well said