Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veen

oat waffels

The 2 basic ingredients are oats and eggs. U can make all sorts of different combinations. Heres mine:

Take a bunch of oats (soaked and cooked) and mix it with 3 eggs.

Add chopped up almonds.

Add a little bit of salt.

Add a bit of stevia (sweetener).

Mixed it up nicely.

Add a lot of raisins.

Then bake it for 30-45mins with coconut oil! :D

and you have your own delicious waffels :clap:

All healthy ingredients, nice for in between or replacement for bread. Contains good protein. Good fat. Good carbs!

This sounds good, Veen. I'll have to try it... some cinnamon or other spices might be nice in there. You just plop the batter into a baking dish?

The 2 basic ingredients are oats and eggs. U can make all sorts of different combinations. Heres mine:

Take a bunch of oats (soaked and cooked) and mix it with 3 eggs.

Add chopped up almonds.

Add a little bit of salt.

Add a bit of stevia (sweetener).

Mixed it up nicely.

Add a lot of raisins.

Then bake it for 30-45mins with coconut oil! :D

and you have your own delicious waffels :clap:

All healthy ingredients, nice for in between or replacement for bread. Contains good protein. Good fat. Good carbs!

Wow, that sounds sooo good! Do Quaker Oats work? How do you bake in Coconut oil? in a baking dish? Or did you mean fry? I really want to try this!

I have looked allover the internet to get the nutrition info on coconut oil and have been unable to. Do you think you can tell me what your coconut oil bottle says for the amount of cals and fat? Thank you!

I have looked allover the internet to get the nutrition info on coconut oil and have been unable to. Do you think you can tell me what your coconut oil bottle says for the amount of cals and fat? Thank you!

Hey there -

This site is really excellent for that sort of stuff: http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/

They have information for every single food I've been curious about. They also have info for coconut oil.

Yeah I add cinnamon too, forgot to list that.

I dont know the english words, but I bake it in a pan, on low gas for 30-45mins; http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000...02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and no: dont fry it! :)

I havent tried putting it in the oven..

Heres the nutrition data for coconut oil: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c208C.html dont worry about the saturated fat though, coconut is very beneficial and a good source of energy for ur body!

btw i use whole organic oats, but im sure quakers will do fine (u dont have to soak and cook it, i just do it to get the anti-nutrients out).

Check this out:

Ingredients for Entire Recipe

Qty x Measure

Egg, whole, raw, fresh

3 x 1 large (50g)

Nuts, almonds, blanched

1 x 1 ounce (28g)

Oat bran, cooked

3 x 100 grams

Raisins, seedless

3 x 1 ounce (28g)

Vegetable oil, coconut

1 x 1 ounce (28g)

Calories 1007 (4218kJ)

Total Carbohydrate 109 g

Dietary Fiber 13.9 g

Starch ~2.6 g

Sugars ~53.2 g

Total Fat 60.8 g

Saturated Fat 30.9 g

Monounsaturated Fat 17.5 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 7.0 g

Protein 37.4 g

Check this out:

Ingredients for Entire Recipe

Qty x Measure

Egg, whole, raw, fresh

3 x 1 large (50g)

Nuts, almonds, blanched

1 x 1 ounce (28g)

Oat bran, cooked

3 x 100 grams

Raisins, seedless

3 x 1 ounce (28g)

Vegetable oil, coconut

1 x 1 ounce (28g)

Calories 1007 (4218kJ)

Total Carbohydrate 109 g

Dietary Fiber 13.9 g

Starch ~2.6 g

Sugars ~53.2 g

Total Fat 60.8 g

Saturated Fat 30.9 g

Monounsaturated Fat 17.5 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 7.0 g

Protein 37.4 g

But ofcourse you dont eat it all at once, so you divide all with 4, so that makes 10 grams of protein per slice.

That's so neat! Where did you get that recipe analyzing thingy from (or did you just do it by hand)? I make homemade stuff that doesn't come with a nutritional analysis, so I've been wanting some software to do that sort of thing, and that looks perfect...

And your recipe looks really tasty. I'm definitely going to try it soon.

This sounds good.

Can it be egg whites, instead of regular eggs?

Also, how much oats do you have to put in a cup? There are no measurements to this recipe. That would be helpful.

Why only egg whites? the egg yoke is where all the good nutrients come from. I wouldnt worry about the cholesterol, its an urban legend that its bad for you.

Just put as much oats so that the mixture will become more solid and less liquid...

xue mei: check this out: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...dpost&p=1011682

I search for all the foods and add them to my pantry on that website. Then you can calculate the nutrients for the entire receipe

Yeah I add cinnamon too, forgot to list that.

I dont know the english words, but I bake it in a pan, on low gas for 30-45mins; http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000...02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and no: dont fry it! :)

I havent tried putting it in the oven..

btw i use whole organic oats, but im sure quakers will do fine (u dont have to soak and cook it, i just do it to get the anti-nutrients out).

Kewl, I'm gonna try this for breakfast tomorrow. THanks for the info.

Yep will be very nice as breakfast. together with sum ricemilk :D

I made another one today, my best one yet, very solid, damn this stuff tastes good :P

you can freeze it too and take a slice out everyday. if u take it out of the fridge in the morning it will be defrosted in the midday

Okay, so you cook it in a pan on top of the stove? (baking implies it goes IN the oven :) )

BE CAREFUL WITH OATS!!! POSSIBLE ALLERGEN ALERTTTTT1 OATS ARE NOT FOR EVRYONE. SAME GOES WITH OTHER ALLERGENS... LEGUMES SOY AND PEANUTS AND WHEAT AND MOST GLUTEN! GEEEZERRRS :(

Why only egg whites? the egg yoke is where all the good nutrients come from. I wouldnt worry about the cholesterol, its an urban legend that its bad for you.

Just put as much oats so that the mixture will become more solid and less liquid...

xue mei: check this out: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...dpost&p=1011682

I search for all the foods and add them to my pantry on that website. Then you can calculate the nutrients for the entire receipe

That's awesome. Thanks so much.

no problem. anyone tried it yet? :)

Nice recipe, but anyone with grain, starch or carb related acne is going to break out from your food.

dont be so scared to breakout. have some acv with it :P

oat waffels are awesome.

Before:

IPB Image

After:

IPB Image

perfect :dance:

^ Yum. Haven't tried it yet. I will next time I want pancakes.