Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
turd

can the regimen help me acne.. pictures in here

Ive been on the regimen for 2 weeks now but im still wondering if the regimen will even help my acne

the pictures were taken with a camera phone in a weirdly lighted room so sorry for some of the blurryness but you pretty much get the point and what kind of acne i got..... anyway do i got moderate mild or severe? cuz i dont even know.. and will the regimen helP?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Guest Fraser

Looks like moderate/mild to me looking at the photos tho its difficult to tell in any picture really.

The regimen can definitely help you, just make sure ure doing it exactly right and be patient. It will work :D

yea man the regimen wil help u im certain it wil

some of it looks like redmarks after acne is gone tho

For that find a moisturiser that contains AHA ie Eucerin or Cetaphil

aha's exfoliate an help ur skin to re-coupe faster an lose those marks hehe!

ya damien youve been alot of help for me

the one side of my face is already remarkably clearer and the redness is fading so im a happy camper

i use eucerin btw

A mistake I made when I first started was that I wasn't being gentle enough... watch the vidoes on this site and understand the importance of being gentle and not touching/picking at your face durring the day. I just started using cetaphil facial cleanser (bar form) and I like it alot, you can get it at walgreens. I was using a facial scrub and it wasn't doing anything for me.

yea thats REALLY true

gentle is the key in this regimen,

the right products and being gentle is key

most of us in our signatures say which products we got

Guest yahyah

Yes, the regimen does work- but its not a miracle cure. Keep in mind that acne is a sign that something isn't going according to plan internally as well as externally... i.e. you need reevaluate your diet (i don't mean turn vegan or anything, just question how much junk food you eat and whether you drink enough water etc) and think about taking multivitamins etc.

I say this because, NOW after the hell I went through with my acne I know exactly where I went wrong which lead to me developing it in the first place 1) i stopped drinking water and lived on fizzy drinks, 2) i started eating more junk food and also gained weight 3) i stopped exercising as much 4) i went over board with every godamn face wash, cleanser, spot treatment going until my skin couldn't take it anymore 5) i practically doubled how much I smoked.. over a period of six months and then BAM! i had very moderate acne that took ages to clear.

Now, if i don't drink 3-4 litres of water a day i break out, if i drink more than two cans of diet coke a day i break out, if I eat too much dairy... guess what.. i break out.. slowly you'll figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

But use the regimen and read all the 'what not to do' tips beforehand!

yea im with u on most of that yahyah

i drink around 2-3 litres a day of water

no fizy drinks as they are jus shite neway

too much dairy again, bang on i wud usually break out

and junkfood again,

a little isnt usually a problem as its natural to eat shit now an again

but living on junk food isnt gon help

and i dont agree with going on accutane just yet as BP is a very good way of topically combatting acne without medicitation such as accutane

stick on the regimen as see if u improve

BP sorta like draws the crap from ur skin tho an eventually its nothing but baby skin again

is the way i like 2think about it

Coz of all the moisturiser an stuf really does bring ur skin in2 a picture perfect sorta place eventually

but it takes time an ur skins gotta boot out all the junk 1st

id say turd shud try it here for at LEAST 2months before considering accutane as it has a lot of side effects such as a damged liver, fragile bones, depression can be caused.

whereas bps only side effects are Flakiness an redness.

i know which 1 id chose in a SECOND!

I agree if my acne was any worse than it was I would probably want to go on accutane, just because its more of a long term fix and you wouldn't have to do the regimen twice a day for however long you will have acne. But if anyones not sure I would say it is probably best to try the regimen whilst you make your decesion- what have you got to loose!? :)

that think "down by my beard" was a cut during baseball practice from sliding head first, it scard but it went away now

well i drink only water,gatorade, or milk everyday

i dont drink pop or anything like that, i go to my rec center daily im very fit and in shape because i play college baseball so i have to be in good shape for that

anyway i use the purpose bar, dans BP and eucerin moisurtizer,are those good to use?

all good products yea man.

i wudnt consider accutane jus yet as its a bit of a hardcore way to get "clear"

an it sometimes can make ur skin worse before better as is the case with most people on accutane here.

altho it might seem like a perminant fix its not guaranteed. acne can come back as happened to brandy an then ur back on either another course of accutane or the regimen.

Oh yeah that's being sensitive (sliding across the ground on your face!!) :P That'll sure clean up that acne. J/k. gl turd.

i think some of you are thinking about accutane too casually. accutane is a last resort acne drug, even if you don't feel its side effects, it is doing horrible things to your body. read the warnings and studies done on accutane, i will bet you that you don't wanna go on it anymore.

I'd choose accutane, and i would be on it now, if my doctor let me. My brother went on it and he is clear now. No depression, no fragile bones or health complaints.

but its soo mild, plus, there are a lot of side effects

i would not risk my "health" to get rid of acne

Guest yahyah

I'd choose accutane, and i would be on it now, if my doctor let me. My brother went on it and he is clear now. No depression, no fragile bones or health complaints.

but its soo mild, plus, there are a lot of side effects

i would not risk my "health" to get rid of acne

Damn right - neither would I!! I agree with the other post too - people take accutane too lightly and think its a miracle cure. Umm... is everyone forgetting that Dan himself has been on accutane and yet he still uses the regimen!!! Ok, in Dan's case, he's said his acne is genetic - but how many people on this site have had one or even two rounds of accutane and are still searching for something better.

Sorry - but accutane doesn't sound like a long term solution to me, just a very harsh (albeit temporarily effective) short term one!

What are the accutane side effects?..

sry i don't have the link, but you can search google and find all the research about accutane. some of the side effects include (this is not a joke)...

-weak bones

-suicidal thoughts

-depression

-severe birth defects