Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GIMojo

my severe acne, and no accutane why?

Why? Because I refused it every single time my derm begged me to go on accutane. Ive been on this site for a long time, Ive read over and over about how people are dyyyiinngggg to go on accutane. I have one of the most sevre cases of acne ive ever seen i think. I mean there's like those 3 pictures of people who look like burn victims that keeps circulating the forum, but im way up there as well. You all can check my gallery.

Anyways, I just have to say, tomorrow will be the 8th time that im gunna have to refused accutane AGAIN. My derm wont respect my decision that I dont want accutane. I at one point had 4 months worth of accutane just laying around on my desk. Then I played finger soccer with the pills and lost most of the packets. Then I gave a about 3 away.

Is accutane that wonderful to you guys? Im mostly concerned about the side effects. I know somebody is gunna give me some story about how they have 10 friends whp took tane and none of them got side effects, but reading the warning manual, is that REALLY something we would want to be risking? Even a little?

I am completely anti-tane. Mostly because of the decision the company tries to pressure us into choosing.

Beauty > Well being

or

Well being > Beauty

i feel that the company takes advantage of our strong desires to feel like we look good.

I dunno, just some thoughts. I will, without a doubt be refusing accutane again tomorrow. I lived with my acne, and found a way around it. Im doing just fine in life as well. Lots of friends, hang out a lot. w.e

just something to think about

I checked your gallery -- pretty amazing :D . It seems from your latest picture you're clear of acne but I take it that things aren't like that anymore (?), since you say your dermatologist wants you to go on Accutane.

You seem to be pretty cool with everything. Great attitude. Good luck.

i think most people go on tane because acne effects them emotionally and they feel like they can't live life with acne. this doesn't seem to be the case here, so if you don't want to go on tane, then don't. the only opnion that matters is yours.

yep, my derm finially figured after about 6 months that i dont want tane. I got some next stuff im suppose to take for 2 months. this is how ive wanted it to be.

its funny,

people go on accutane because they're depressed.... thena fter they go on accutane.... they get depressed FROM ACCUTANE

lmao

are you dumb? your acne is the "worst" youve ever seen ? my acne is 3 times worse than urs was atits peak, id stab some1 to death for accutane.

I agree with you that Accutane really isnt worth the side effects, but for some it is. I have moderately severe acne, my face rarely gets a whitehead or two a week, but my neck and jawline are constantly broken out, like rediculous, from cysts to huge whiteheads. I have been taking B5 since mid february, and it has sort of helped. Im concidering Accutane, at a really low dose for my back and neck, but Im still very sceptical because my face is good to, but my neck and back are out of wack. I dont want to cause my face to break out cuz of an Accutane initial breakout. I used to be on antibotics but got sick of taking them all the time. After I went off them, it was like BAM it just hit me hard. So I think I might change up my antibotic or something. I dont know, Im almost willing to take antibotics all the time again. Im going to goto the derm this week and figure it out. I hear you on the whole anti-tane thing bro. I hear ya. That shit is terrifying to me.

hi, just to let u know i was on accutane when i was younger. it was prescribed as a last measurement to stop my acne outbreak.

they did a blood test before to determine if your kidney and stuff is healthy enough to take it, then when you finnish the treatment they give u another bloodtest, mine came back all clear. also, i know that sounds scary but what i was told is that had the results came back positive (basically it has affected my kidney) then they'd just stop me taking the med and the damage is minimum and will go back to normal.

as for the treatment itself, i can't say it was any more effective than the other anti- biotics i took. sometimes i'll have a clear week then other weeks i'll get a flare up. i wouldn;t say it totally stopped any outbreak during the time on medication- that was 5 years ago and i still get acne now

good luck

Accutane in itself has not been shown to lead to depression. Just because some senator's kid killed himself while on it, it's such a big deal and everyone thinks they will be depressed, so they are depressed.

I personally have tried everything else, and I know that accutane clears up most people in the end. Why bother with other treatments for years when you could possibly have the problem permanently fixed?

If you like scars and zits, be anti-Accutane. If you have been truly affected by acne and nothing else is working, there is no reason you should have any problem doing it. No offense at all because you're a nice guy, but it's apparent that you have scarring. Had you gone on accutane from the get-go, chances are, it would not be there, or it would be greatly reduced. :|

are you dumb? your acne is the "worst" youve ever seen ? my acne is 3 times worse than urs was atits peak, id stab some1 to death for accutane.

back when i had

IPB Image

i'd like to see how your acne was 3x worse

Just reading your post GImojo makes me angry. Just because you seem to be taking the hard track in life for no apparent reason.

no apparent reason? have you read anything i wrote?

I dont wanna risk any part of my health, no matter how little the chances are

Accutane in itself has not been shown to lead to depression. Just because some senator's kid killed himself while on it, it's such a big deal and everyone thinks they will be depressed, so they are depressed.

I personally have tried everything else, and I know that accutane clears up most people in the end. Why bother with other treatments for years when you could possibly have the problem permanently fixed?

If you like scars and zits, be anti-Accutane. If you have been truly affected by acne and nothing else is working, there is no reason you should have any problem doing it. No offense at all because you're a nice guy, but it's apparent that you have scarring. Had you gone on accutane from the get-go, chances are, it would not be there, or it would be greatly reduced. :|

hey im sure that if i took accutane, it could have all been avoided as well, but would i like to risk having medical problems 10-20-30-40 years down the road? no. What do you mean TURLY been affected? How have i not turly been affected. Do you think that I somehow wake up every morning and TOTALLY forget i have to put on moisturizer, then a layer of FOUNDATION, which is embarrassing to me because im a guy? That I have to explain to my mom, when she gets her supply, she has to get a second supply for me as well?

or how about when I play sports, I have to be careful not to sweat too much or a nice thick line of foundation will run down my face. Or how about the time I decided to rest my head down on my test paper one day and accidentally popped a zit, and had to not only hide a bloody face, but the stain on the paper.

you tell me how ive not been truly affected by acne.

i just strongly believe that good health and personal well being is WAY MORE important than asthetic appeal. This thread was just an eye opener for people

Guest Marino

would you say acne doesn't bother you much? or are you just all out anti-tane?

back when i had

IPB Image

i'd like to see how your acne was 3x worse

Just reading your post GImojo makes me angry. Just because you seem to be taking the hard track in life for no apparent reason.

no apparent reason? have you read anything i wrote?

I dont wanna risk any part of my health, no matter how little the chances are

hey im sure that if i took accutane, it could have all been avoided as well, but would i like to risk having medical problems 10-20-30-40 years down the road? no. What do you mean TURLY been affected? How have i not turly been affected. Do you think that I somehow wake up every morning and TOTALLY forget i have to put on moisturizer, then a layer of FOUNDATION, which is embarrassing to me because im a guy? That I have to explain to my mom, when she gets her supply, she has to get a second supply for me as well?

or how about when I play sports, I have to be careful not to sweat too much or a nice thick line of foundation will run down my face. Or how about the time I decided to rest my head down on my test paper one day and accidentally popped a zit, and had to not only hide a bloody face, but the stain on the paper.

you tell me how ive not been truly affected by acne.

i just strongly believe that good health and personal well being is WAY MORE important than asthetic appeal. This thread was just an eye opener for people

It just seems like your fighting against accutane, just for a fight.

would you not quote something as big as that for something less than 20 words long?

are you stupid? Tell me why on earth would i not take accutane without my reasons.

It's almost like saying "It just seems like your fighting against smoking, just for a fight." If smoking was completely without it's health risks, hey i'd be doing 12 packs a day, if accutane was without it's own health risks, id be downing the 2 packs i got laying around somewhere in 3/4 a second.

got n.e thing else to say?

No offense, but I do not think your arguments against Accutane are rational.

It is perhaps some stuborness or (false) pride. I experienced that myself and it only brought me (more) scars.

I strongly believe that there is NO link beetwen isotretonin and depression. The depression is acne related and it is no coinsidence that the depression occurs/hits you while the acne cleans up/has cleaned up.

Many (ALOT) people cope farly well with their acne, but get serously depressed over redmarks/scars, who never took Acutane.

The reason is simple: Depression usually kicks in, after the stressing events that caused the depression and scars are permament while acne is not...

never said anything about being worried of depression, now did i?

I'm going to have to say the accutane vs. smoking analogy doesn't stand. TRUE, they both have health risks. Accutane is non-addicting like smoking is, it is used temporarily, and it can solve a medical condition along with all the psychological baggage acne comes with. Smoking....doesn't do anything in itself that actually improves anything. Plus, the FDA has approved Accutane but governmental agencies are highly opposed to smoking.

Most people take accutane and have very few side effects.

BP could potentially be a carcinogen and shows signs of causing premature aging. You just don't know what can happen with stuff you put inside/on your body. There is no reason to hate a product that has literally cured so many people of their acne with little side effects.

would you not quote something as big as that for something less than 20 words long?

are you stupid? Tell me why on earth would i not take accutane without my reasons.

It's almost like saying "It just seems like your fighting against smoking, just for a fight." If smoking was completely without it's health risks, hey i'd be doing 12 packs a day, if accutane was without it's own health risks, id be downing the 2 packs i got laying around somewhere in 3/4 a second.

got n.e thing else to say?

neither. Acne bugs the shit out of me, every-single-day. And I choose to not take accutane for reasons

Your inteligence is shown in this post..../sarcasm

Almost everyone who smokes experiences symptoms from smoking. This is not true for Accutane.

Accutane actually cures a disease, whilst smoking can cause one.

I think you said this.

yep, my derm finially figured after about 6 months that i dont want tane. I got some next stuff im suppose to take for 2 months. this is how ive wanted it to be.

its funny,

people go on accutane because they're depressed.... thena fter they go on accutane.... they get depressed FROM ACCUTANE

lmao

hey GIMojo,

you're very brave for fighting that acne without accutane. What do you use? I'd be really interested to know.

However, what you have to realise is that in some cases, for some people, appearance IS a matter of well being. If acne is severely affecting someone mentally, then it is affecting their well-being!!! Depression is a disease just like any other, only it affects the brain. In certain cases, the benefits of accutane can definitely outweigh the detriments. But obviously its down to you!

Cheers.

you do realize that a doctor monitors you while you're on accutane, right? if they see signs that it's hurting your health they pull you off the drug.

i dont think there is much of a point to go on it now, seeing as you just have scarring. but IMO you should have went on it earlier

I think you said this.

its funny,

lmao

I said that because somebody made reference about acne emotionally affecting them. I never said i was afraid of depression in my original post, did i?

you do realize that a doctor monitors you while you're on accutane, right? if they see signs that it's hurting your health they pull you off the drug.

i dont think there is much of a point to go on it now, seeing as you just have scarring. but IMO you should have went on it earlier

yes i realize that, the doctor put me through several blood tests, but reading the warnings and side effects just frighten me. ya kno? blood tests dont detect some side effects such as pernament sore joints that many people have experienced.

Your inteligence is shown in this post..../sarcasm

Almost everyone who smokes experiences symptoms from smoking. This is not true for Accutane.

Accutane actually cures a disease, whilst smoking can cause one.

accutane doesnt CURE acne. It's been said millions of times by people of this VERY BOARD, that there IS NO CURE TO ACNE. accutane is a TREATMENT, and there have been very many cases where as, when the person goes off accutane, their acne comes back. Therefore, they were NOT cured.

I'm going to have to say the accutane vs. smoking analogy doesn't stand. TRUE, they both have health risks. Accutane is non-addicting like smoking is, it is used temporarily, and it can solve a medical condition along with all the psychological baggage acne comes with. Smoking....doesn't do anything in itself that actually improves anything. Plus, the FDA has approved Accutane but governmental agencies are highly opposed to smoking.

BP could potentially be a carcinogen and shows signs of causing premature aging. You just don't know what can happen with stuff you put inside/on your body. There is no reason to hate a product that has literally cured so many people of their acne with little side effects.

it was just a general comparison to say that if it was without it's health risks i would take it, NOT that i just want to fight against accutane. And just like I said earlier, nothing CURES acne yet. There are only effective treatments

btw- I got minocyclin now from my derm and im as happy as can be.

I agree 100%. For me accutane was a life saver. i probably be dead by now if i hadn't used it because nothing i used worked, and i got pretty depressed. i had few side effects( dry mouth, sun sensitivity, dry lips) and nothing else. But GI mojo is ultimately your decision and i hope you find something that works for you. :pray: Good luck.

For SOME people Accutane completly stopes there acne, so its a cure to them.

its still not a cure then, if it doesnt work for ALL people, now is it? BP and SA for SOME people completely stops THEIR acne, but is it a cure? no.

I have no idea how it went from my own personal opinion shared about how i dont believe that the company making accutane should make people choose

good health>beauty

or

beauty>good health

to arguing about wether or not accutane is a cure or not(which it isnt)