Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KSAF

STRESS DOES CAUSE ACNE

I know for a fact that stress causes acne! Before coming to college I had good skin a few pimples here and there but nothing that bothered me....i was unhappy at college and soon my skin started to go Nuts also this sounds weird but my scalp became oily which happens because of increased androgen which increases when you're stressed. i then gained 15 pounds not from eatin bad !

KSAF, I know how you feel. I attended a top Computer Science university and my acne absolutely blew up. The 48hr+ "workdays", horrible campus diet, along with relationship bull just was not good for my skin.

What is bothering you about your college?

at first I had noo friends and had just broke up with my boyfriend now its just the school work plus working and trying to juggle everything at one 19 days till summer!!!!!!!!!!

Ant24 just because u have read it before doesnt mean everyone else has.

Yes stress is a huge factor on acne... everytime i get stressed or something doesnt go right my acne flares up (post accutane even). I've started drinking green tea and stuff which helps reduce stress. Actually the funny thing ... they have proved that chocolate is an anti stress substance as it stimultes the brain with that "good feeling"... I dunno i mean i dont eat chocolate at all but i guess it tends to work when i'm stressed it calms me down (mind u it takes about 2 weeks for the acne marks to go away after a flare up).

Theres my 2cents