Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A couple of my good friends (who have awesome skin too blah) think im completely weird because acne effects me so much. They told me that its totally weird that I actually go on the internet to look up stuff about acne and messed up that I go on this board, and that they would never do that. I also have a huge pet peeve of people touching my face. I absolutly HAAAAAAAAAATE it, and if I see anyone about to touch my face, I always back way up or swap their hand away, all because of acne... so now my friends hold it against me sometimes saying "Ohh, do this or i'll touch your face!". I just wish they knew what its like.

OOHHH another thing that bothers me. I'll use a clean and clear oil blotting sheet and it always takes a huge amount of oil, making pretty much the entire sheet see-through. Then, right after, my friends will ask to use one to see what its like.. and they will get a little tiny SPECK of oil at most.. and be like "OMG That is so discusting, ewww"... and I'll tell them " uh.. guys.. im right here you know, I can easily make the sheet go see through"

sorry, just had to vent.. again :angel:

we all need an outlet, and this site is perfect for us acne sufferers. plus people here understand whats its like, and thats sorta comforting.

we all need an outlet, and this site is perfect for us acne sufferers. plus people here understand whats its like, and thats sorta comforting.

Yep definantly

Teenagers are generally stupid. They are simply pressing you because they know it affects you. Friends can just be crazy like that. Try to adopt a laissez faire attitude, and you probably won't notice it as much. Hopefully your buddies will never get acne, but if they do, then they are always welcome here. It is a great resource for people struggling with skin issues.

We don't hold grudges here. :D

Good luck.

Guest Tenshi

they just fear what they dont know..i used ot be all funny about the internet myself a couple years ago..i used to think it was geeky..but as u can see ive grown out of that stage..its just a message board and it's the smart thing to do inmy opinion...i dont think i even knew about accutane until i came on here..thank god for acne.org and me getting on accutane..

they just fear what they dont know..i used ot be all funny about the internet myself a couple years ago..i used to think it was geeky..but as u can see ive grown out of that stage..its just a message board and it's the smart thing to do inmy opinion...i dont think i even knew about accutane until i came on here..thank god for acne.org and me getting on accutane..

yeah I was putting my face through hell before I discovered this site. Man do I love google

Mandy how old are you? I used to use those oil blotting sheets in highschool... kinda funny cuz i would make the whole sheet see thru also! Then I went on accutane and that was the end of that. I also HATE HATE when people touch my face, my ex bf knew better and all my friends are aware. But the occasional friend you see that kisses you hello drives me nuts lol. I only tell my close friends (3) how I feel about my acne and they all know I come on here.... they are really supportive but they also think i make a big deal out of it too. I think this board is awesome.. its a way to talk about how you feel and get really good advice from people that are going thru the exact same thing. Just ignore them, im sure they have something they are insecure about as well... everybody does!!! :cool:

ur friends kinda sound mean...but i guess they really don't know what its like and cant relate at all....my mild acne drives me crazy and depresses me soo much and some ppl would say its not bad at all but they can never understand how much it impacts me

i don't think ill ever be happy untill im totally clear...its really sad cus i get lots of compliments bout being pretty but like i feel sooo uglly cus of my skin.

and not only do i think it looksbad but i FEEL grosse cus by the end of the day i feel soo OILY and gucky :(

its good to talk to ppl who can relate so don't listen to them about not comeing to this site, i think its encouraging that we can help eachother and support eachother