Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using it for 13 days and I'm scared I really dont wanna be on a birth control. Has anyone had a good experience with this BC cause if not im quitting it!

Just curious.....how old are you? I've been taking ortho products for about 18 years. (OH MY). I'm currently taking ortho low, before that ortho tri cyclen. I've been on low for about 6 months now. I have never had any problems with the bc. I'm on it now because i'm going to be starting accutane in about a week and that it regulates my cycles. (big plus) You always know when to expect your period and if you have bad pms (bloating, cramps, heavy cycle) it helps to reduce those. At least it does for me. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

I just came off ortho tricyclen lo... I think it might have helped my skin a little (only because some of my acne is hormonal though) but I have recently switched to yasmin (which is made for acne sufferers)

You won't have any problems with the bcp as long as you are healthy and exercise! It can help you in so many ways...

Not to mention the fact that ortho lo (is a low low dose bcp)

good luck.

Just curious.....how old are you? I've been taking ortho products for about 18 years. (OH MY). I'm currently taking ortho low, before that ortho tri cyclen. I've been on low for about 6 months now. I have never had any problems with the bc. I'm on it now because i'm going to be starting accutane in about a week and that it regulates my cycles. (big plus) You always know when to expect your period and if you have bad pms (bloating, cramps, heavy cycle) it helps to reduce those. At least it does for me. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

I am starting 2 weeks after you!! Is this your first time? Its my second! We can all support each other :) Doesn't that ipledge program stink?? I have also started birth control for accutane.. but i choose yasmin since its suppose to be the #1 BC for acne! Figured might as well right? HAHA I am planning on keeping a journal and I cant wait to start!

I wanted Yasmin I dunno why they didnt put me on it...the Ortho is making me sooo moody and most people say that it doesnt do shit for their skin... sigh...

Ortho Lo made me very moody but did help my skin a little bit. It actually helped my body acne a lot and I stopped getting breakouts on my back altogether, and it lessened the severity of the breakouts on my face. I don't think it helped my facial acne to the point where anyone noticed a big change, but it was a small help. 2FOXZ4U is right, too, that exercising can really help with side effects you experience on BCPs. When I get into a groove of exercising for an hour most days of the week, I'm happier overall and I don't feel as negatively about my body, so the moodiness and perhaps very small weight gain you might experience are taken care of. The only reason I've switched from Ortho Lo to Desogen is because my insurance company was making me pay $42/month for Ortho Lo effective this year, whereas my college gives me Desogen for $3/month. Truthfully, I haven't noticed a difference in anything in switching from Ortho Lo to Desogen even though Desogen has more hormones...maybe I'm just not that sensitive to BCP side effects, who knows.

I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen for awhile (to help w/the acne), but all it really did was make my breakouts more regular. I'd always start to get breakouts around the time I'd start the first line of blue pills, but I'd get clearer during the placebo week and the first week of white pills. I gained a crapload of weight on that stuff (partially my own fault), but it's also a higher dose pill than Ortho Lo.

I ended up taking 'tane for six months, and am now on Tazorac cream and Yasmin BCP for maintenance. So far, Yasmin has been pretty great for me (praying to God it lasts), and I've probably lost weight on it. Surprisingly, it's also made my boobs bigger, which is weird because I didn't think that would happen since I was already on BCP when I switched.

Anyway, to know for sure how a pill is going to treat your acne, you have to give it at least three to four months. After that, if you're still not satisfied, go back to the doc and see if they'll let you get Yasmin. My doc gave it to me (my husband is in the Air Force) and I had to get it filled off base. It sucked, because I had to pay a co-pay instead of getting it for free, but other than that it's been great.

Good luck!

I am starting 2 weeks after you!! Is this your first time? Its my second! We can all support each other :) Doesn't that ipledge program stink?? I have also started birth control for accutane.. but i choose yasmin since its suppose to be the #1 BC for acne! Figured might as well right? HAHA I am planning on keeping a journal and I cant wait to start!

If you were asking about accutane, yeah it's my first time on it. I've been on bcp for a long time now. Never noticed that it made any difference with my acne. When I was younger I had facial & body acne now I have it primarily on by back. I'm hoping accutane will work for me. I couldn't tell you the last time I wore a bathing suit or tank top in front of other people. I'm believing in miracles right now.

Ortho-lo helped my skin tremendously, but I gained some weight while i was on it. my doctor said the weight gain was not bc of the bc but i think it was cus i dropped as soon as i got off it.

Weight gain is out of the question. I already am trying to lose weight.. Should I switch to Yasmin. I've only been on the pill 14 days what do u guys think?

If you are only on the pill because of accutane then you will only be taking for maybe 6 months. I'd take an extra couple pounds for clear skin any day. You can always stop taking the pill at the end of your course.

Weight gain is out of the question. I already am trying to lose weight.. Should I switch to Yasmin. I've only been on the pill 14 days what do u guys think?

If she will give you yasmin, then switch... i have heard sooo many good things about this BC, people dont gain weight, acne clears, and they even say their boobs increase a cup size lol. If you cant switch then dont worry about it.. accutane will be the thing clearing you up anyways. When do you start accutane?

Most doctors will make you stay on a pill for at least 3 months before you change (unless you're having some serious reaction) cus you cant really tell how your body is reacting until then. But lots of people are raving about Yasmin. Ask around, perhaps I was the only one to gain weight on Ortho-Lo.

technically i filled the prescription like 4 months ago so i dont think theylll know hehe sneaky YASMIN or Ortho whatd u guys think? I want bigger boobs....JUST KIDDING