Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SomeGuy123

Mild Moderate & Severe

i was looking at some of the pics of people who had success on the regimen, and a couple of em had very little acne.

is this is type of acne that the CSR was designed for, or can it handle a little more?

dont get me wrong, i don't have severe cysts and stuff (thankfully), but does the CSR work as well for people with moderate acne?

I don't know what you would qualify my acne as (it might be considered mild when I started the Regimen, although it was definitely moderate during high school), but you can check my gallery for my before and after pics and judge for yourself. It worked wonders for me. :)

Hey caffeinefree,

My acne was similar to yours, only that I used to breakout on both my cheeks and forehead. Oh well, all over my face alright, so maybe it was worse. The good thing is I'm almost clear now thanks to the regimen! :)

And your results are AWESOME! (and you're very pretty :wub: )

Anyway, I noticed you're combining tretinoin with the regimen! Did you do that all the way through the 10 months or just added it recently? I wonder this because I've heard that using BP along with tretinoin does produce remarkable results. I've been thinking about trying that, I'm just not sure when would be a good time.

Thank you, Lingler! :wub: I'm glad to hear that you're having success on the Regimen, as well.

I just started using the tretinoin last week, actually. If you click the link at the bottom of my sig, you can read the log I started to keep track of my process.

I was pretty much entirely clear from Dan's Regimen - after about five months, even, I had very little active acne - but still had a lot of clogged pores and red marks. I decided to try Retin A to see if it would give me the extra edge in getting rid of what the Regimen left over. Thusfar I've had a small initial breakout, and a little bit of peeling, but things don't look too bad. I can definitely feel my pores purging, though, so I'm hoping that once that finishes (a process that can take a few months, I'm told), my skin will look better than ever! :)

(And if not, I'll creep back to the tried and true Regimen ...)

Yeah, tretinoin is a good product. I used it for three years! Too bad it didn't manage to prevent further breakouts. That was what got me so frustrated and the reason why I quit on it. Anyway, I've read that some derms are prescribing BP along with tretinoin and it works remarkably well

So, I'll be checking your log often, caff, to see how you're doing. :)

Guest Fraser

i was looking at some of the pics of people who had success on the regimen, and a couple of em had very little acne.

is this is type of acne that the CSR was designed for, or can it handle a little more?

dont get me wrong, i don't have severe cysts and stuff (thankfully), but does the CSR work as well for people with moderate acne?

Ive been wondering abou this as well. It can definitely be reduced significantly for sure tho. I had about 30-40 active spots at the start and about half were properly inflamed, now down to 7 or 8, with loads of red marks and some scars left behind. Thats after 3 1/2 weeks. I'll let u know if i clear completely in the next few weeks. the CSR can work wonders, just be patient and keep checking ure doing it right.

i think it will take longer if you have severe acne, but i find it hard to believe that it wouldnt work. its still acne that the regimen is fighting, its just more of it.

i guess i have mild acne. i have such a hang-up though, i hate even a little bit of acne. im doing BP gel morning and night, maybe i should do tretinon for clogged pores in the morning though. i used to use it everyday.... i only have a REALLY low dosage though, like .001 or something. will that still help? i wanted retin-a but it made my skin too dry and all my doc gave me was a prescription for some generic brand. do you like your moisturizer Neutrogena?

my derm. said "its pretty much mild" but it feels worse.

BTW nice pics caffiene free, CSR really did wonders on your skin.

Damn frasier, from 30 acnes to 7-8? nice improvement. now i have like 4 active but alot of red marks from past breakout

I don't know what you would qualify my acne as (it might be considered mild when I started the Regimen, although it was definitely moderate during high school), but you can check my gallery for my before and after pics and judge for yourself. It worked wonders for me. :)

Just checked out your gallery and your skin is looking great! It's great to see such progress from someone on Dan's Regimen.

i can't wait for the day my acne goes away.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I feel you, brah.