Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't get the eye blocking thing. If I knew you I would still recognize you, and if I don't know you I don't care anyways.

Aside from that little rant, your acne looks alot like mine pre-Tane. I would say it is moderate. Looks like it might scar though so talk to your derm.

Hmm.... I'm not a derm, but I would considerate it mild/moderate. Your skin looks a lot like mine. I have a lot old red marks from previous acne. Are those red marks active acne or are they just scars? Anyhow, if you go on Accutane your skin will clear up beautifully. Good luck with everything. :)

Guest Marino

i think theres mild, mild to moderate, moderate, moderate to severe, and severe

I'd put you under the second category, mild to moderate

EDIT: its hard to say whats red marks and actually active acne, you could possibly be mild as well

Guest funky_monkey

mild

A good salicylic or glycolic acid wash should sort that out.

If you wear makeup, use mineral powder - nothing pore blocking.

i think she has 6 active acne... so its probable mild case... Sort of tell from the texture and color.. look at the shadowing... Thats how i can tell whats active and whats marks. Suggestion you have a nice face but you might want to change products deppending on how long you been using them if its been 2months your wash is probable harsh on the skin... Maybe i would try an aha like the one at walgreens... Only use a little bit not a load maybe if its your first time use about a dime size on hole face and build your way up to about half of an index finger...Also a great moisturizer for me during the summer is aloe vera gel... It drys most peoples skins but mine is so moist and soft after use... well good luck... any question feel free to message.

I'd say mild to moderate. Are you really oily? My acne was mild to moderate, and then suddenly last August, it became severe. I didn't have a ton of acne all over my face, but on the sides of my chin, the acne lesions went from regular inflammatory acne to nodules. So, even if it is mild to moderate, it's a good idea to get it under control now rather than wait for it to get worse.

You look pretty good to me, though. I mean, honestly, the way you talked about it before, I would have thought you had a seriously bad case. However, I realize that even though I don't think it's particularly that bad, you probably feel that it is, which is all that matters.

Hope you're feeling better!

IMO, acne isn't just defined by the number of lesions but other things too, e.g. how many of them leave behind hyperpigmentation, the severity of the pigmentation, degree of inflammation, etc.

Someone else said they weren't sure what in the photo was active acne and what were previous red marks - that's my basis for classing it as moderate acne. Obviously, moderate closer to mild than moderate closer to severe of course...

That looks moderate (but mildly moderate). There's a lot of redness, and red marks from recent breakouts. When I think of mild acne I think of a few blackheads and whiteheads and a few pustles here and there. If you have gazillions of redmarks and six or seven active pustular lesions it's moderate ance, not mild. when I went to a derm the first time my face was only a little worse (I had a couple cysts too), and my derm said I was moderate to severe. I had though that because my entire face wasn't covered anymore (I was on the regimen breifly), it was just mild acne.