Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please read, I know it's long but I really could use the help.

Right now my acne is the worst it's ever been. My acne started to form about a year ago and I just had zits on my forehead (under my hair, so no one could see). I thought that was bad but I never knew what would happen later! Since then, the breakouts on my forehead have moved around practically my whole face. I have them on my upper lip, right and left cheeks/sideburn areas, nose, and also my forehead. They are usually just normal pimples and whiteheads but the red marks accumulate and so do the pimples so it looks horrible! I have tried a lot of things to treat it also. I went to the dermatologist last year and he gave me Tetracycline, Differin and Benzamycin. I hear this is fairly common? Well, it never worked very well. The Tetracycline made me nauseus everytime I took it and the Benzamycin turned my face white. After that, I switched to ProActiv which worked well for the first week and then after that I never saw a difference. It also bleached my skin (supposedly the benzoyl peroxide in it). After that wasn't working out, I read such great reviews for the regimen. I did the regimen for about 50 days and it was bleaching my skin also - I must have some reaction to benzoyl peroxide. Since then I have been using the Dermalogica line that my facial lady has reccomended to me. It seems to work OK. Lately I have switched from using Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (crap cleanser, by the way) to Clearasil for Men Energizing Acne Scrub. I switched about a week ago and the pimples have gone down but I get more pimples than I ever have had, and it's making my face lighter (even though it has no BP in it - just salicylic acid)! Do you think this could be the thing that gets worse before it gets better? If it is I just hope this misery I'm going through doesn't last long. I am so self concious because of this and it makes me so embarassed, especially since practically everyone I know has perfect skin. If anyone has any advice or has any tips please help me, anything would be helpful!

Thank you.

Also, if this is helpful - my regimen:

Morning:

Wash - Clearasil for Men Energizing Acne Scrub (active ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%)

Apply - Dermalogica Oil-Free Active Moist (mainly just a moisturizer)

Night:

Wash - same as morning

Apply - Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel (active ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%)

Yeah, I have a dermatologist but everytime I go there he does nothing. He just gives me the same thing - Tetracycline, Differin & Benzamycin. Also, I'm not rough while washing. I try to cover my whole face and scrub it in nice but I never scrub roughly.

when you say bleach the skin---it turns it white-colored? i like scrubs, but on some people they might be too irritating. maybe something more gentle--for sensitive skin---like Basis Sensitive skin bar is really good. good luck! :)

when you say bleach the skin---it turns it white-colored? i like scrubs, but on some people they might be too irritating. maybe something more gentle--for sensitive skin---like Basis Sensitive skin bar is really good. good luck! :)

Yeah, when I say bleached I mean it turns a lot whiter... not bright white but very very pale. Before using Neutrogena Extra Gentle & Clearasil for Men I used a Clinique foam cleanser that worked OK- it was very gentle so I think I'm going to pick some up today. Hopefully I get some good results.

Thank you for the replies!