Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
welshboy_073

might be giving the regimen up

and use sea water to treat my face i been on this thing for four weeks and expected to see some improvement at least but nothing :S? wat shud i do

Well, the decision is yours of course. But I can tell you I have seen time and time again people in your exact situation, frustrated beyond all reason, wanting to stop, but decided to hang in there and in time things got better. I know we have reviewed your products and technique, so I won't ask you to go back into detail about that. But do keep in mind that ANY acne treatment program takes time to get the problem fully under control.

Of course, I can't guarantee what will happen, but chances are sea water isn't going to give you any better results.

I know we've talked about it before, but it does take some people up to 3 months to get cleared with the Regimen.

Good luck with your decision.

i dont know what to do :wall::wall::wall: , even damien said sea water helps acne and my past experience has shown it helps to cos usually i get at least one spot everyday and i av for past fk knows how many years wen i went in sea especially on holiday/vacation in spain i stopped breaking out not in 3 months or wateva but a day :S. this regimen i jst dn see it helping my skin at all and it cant be good throwing all those artificial chemicals onto it seriously :S? wat u think i shud do lol

I don't think the Regimen is just 'throwing chemicals' onto your face. Each product that you use has a specific purpose, and is as gentle and good for your skin as it can be (or should be, if you make good decisions). It's no different than taking a medicine and treating any side-effects from it.

Stick with the regimen... if I went by my four-week progress, I would have quit too. I'm just over two months in now, and the only acne I have is on a little square inch of skin by my mouth where my girlfriend ALWAYS kisses me (and I should tell her to quit)... and it's only two little pimples that went away in two days. I've also just got a bottle of Eucerin Skin Renewal, and hopefully that will be the last piece of the Regimen for me.

Just give it another two months before you try something else... read about your products and their effects like crazy on this site so you can refine your regimen to whatever products work best for you.

welsh, i don't know how severe your acne is, but stick it out.

i am havin a tough time with the CSR right now too, but i have heard too many good things about this regimen from too many people to just give up.

:)

Sea water works because it contains bacteriophage. I don't know specifics but there is a topic about it somewhere, and yes, it works for pretty much everyone's acne. If you spend enough time in sea water you are pretty much guaranteed to have clear skin.

But, who wants to spend that kind of time in the ocean ? You like need to soak in it for it to work.. at least from my experiences.

It can't just be salt water either, it needs to be from the ocean.

The regimen works... the key to it is persaverence (typo).

I was in the same boat as you a month and a half ago and

im thanking myself for staying on it. I went from having

pretty harsh acne to ONE yes ONE active pimple on my face.

I would get 2 new whiteheads a day, but i have one active on

my face that is on its way out. I think you should stick it out

thats what i said welsh!

wash ur face with SALTY water if u wan do an experiment!

wash with salty water...

leave for 30mins

THEN do regimen as usual?!

an i was also gonna quit u do know that dont u welsh?

but i didnt.....

an i feel so glad i didnt

if u check my gallery the one with the black TShirt on

That was worse than it looked an i was ON the regimen

i looked like shit brother but i stayed clear an now check me with the glasses on last weekend :cool:

*ooo baby*

hehe trust its all gon work just DONT BE IMPATIENT else il come an do wrestling moves on u !

hehe love ya brother dont quit!

and use sea water to treat my face i been on this thing for four weeks and expected to see some improvement at least but nothing :S? wat shud i do

I bet you've been reading this a lot, and here it goes again:

4 weeks is too soon to quit. 3 months of concentrated effort are required in order to make an objective assessment on the effectiveness of any treatment, not just of this regimen. I even was told that tretinoin can show good results after 6 months, when supposedly all the crap has come out.

I don't know how fast or well sea water would work (I didn't even know it could help acne). All I can think of is that you've walked 4 weeks with this regimen. YOU JUST CROSSED THE STARTING LINE MAN. It's too soon, welshboy. Keep going, keep doing it and be patient. You'll see great results. :)

orite i will lol, BUT i wudnt go 2 the ocean everyday lol jst go down one day n bottle it up lol, wud it be the same then tho :S?

n ouch salt it hurts lol kno i kno wat they mean by sayin rubbin salt in the wound lol and btw i avnt dn the regimen in 17 hrs since b4 work yesturday n im gona do it at 8 45 and about 2 pm 2day?/ wat u think will it fk the regi up 4 me

How does sea water work?

Welshboy, Dont give up yet, you'd be stupid if you gave up after a month, Give it another couple at least. It takes time so give it time! It will be worth it in the end.

ok ill give it another 3 weeks, if nothing happens by then im leaving it go, im going on holiday on the 25th anyway so that means if it dn work i cn go and sunbathe without aving 4 layers o crap plastered al over my face and also therell be the sea there yay lol.

Your call mate, but what is an extra month or two? you could be so close to clear skin in 3 weeks time, but by stopping it will almost certainly worsen your acne. up to you.

Your call mate, but what is an extra month or two? you could be so close to clear skin in 3 weeks time, but by stopping it will almost certainly worsen your acne. up to you.

an extra month or two is a long time for me loli wuda finished skool n exams by 2 months so relativley its a massive gap for me i just wana get on my sea water regimen lol jst washing in it basically no creams or nothing at alll

Guest Fraser

Welshboy, sea water is full of loads of impurities as well you know. You dont know what you'll be putting on your face. Why not just use salty water?

Welshboy, sea water is full of loads of impurities as well you know. You dont know what you'll be putting on your face. Why not just use salty water?

because its only sodium chloride and water, sea water has minerals in it

sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides.

im currently using salt water to try n heal papules but i feel like a butcher rubbin salt in2 meat lol

and i kno theres gonna be pee n stuff in the water probably lol, but in the past sea water has helped me, spanish sea water ne way i rarely go in sea in this country its 2 cold lol, is the sea the same everywhere in the world or do sum parts av higher concentrations of minerals n stuff lol

Guest Fraser

because its only sodium chloride and water, sea water has minerals in it

sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides.

im currently using salt water to try n heal papules but i feel like a butcher rubbin salt in2 meat lol

and i kno theres gonna be pee n stuff in the water probably lol, but in the past sea water has helped me, spanish sea water ne way i rarely go in sea in this country its 2 cold lol, is the sea the same everywhere in the world or do sum parts av higher concentrations of minerals n stuff lol

Good point about the minerals, i forgot about that. As soon as the weather warms up im off to the beach to give it a try. I only live 15 minutes drive away from about 3 beaches which is handy :dance: lol

ye very lol on hols im gonna spend so much time in the sea illl end up growing fins lol theres a beach like half an hour drive from where i live so pretty inconvenient but wen im dwn there next im gona bottle the stuff up lol

Guest Fraser

ye very lol on hols im gonna spend so much time in the sea illl end up growing fins lol theres a beach like half an hour drive from where i live so pretty inconvenient but wen im dwn there next im gona bottle the stuff up lol

let us know how u get on- it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the regimen, or are u gonna do it with the regimen as well cos that mite work.

well im going on hols 25th of april that means at that date i wuda been on the thing 54 days which is like wat nearly 7 weeks so if it hasnt worked by then im gonna pak it in go on hols let the sun cover my scars let the sea prevent breakouts and wen i get bak ill just av 2 wash with sea water everyday or sumthing

and btw i kno ppl say give it time blah blah but realistically and statistically if you see no improvements within the first 2 months then its highily likely that the treatment will not work. same applies to any acne treatment out there.

thing IS tho

u aint gon have that regimen al lthe time are ya

i cleared up i nthe past wen i went 2the beach but it does come back brother an thats what sucks!

whereas the regimen can be done anywhere any time of year etc!

thing IS tho

u aint gon have that regimen al lthe time are ya

i cleared up i nthe past wen i went 2the beach but it does come back brother an thats what sucks!

whereas the regimen can be done anywhere any time of year etc!

ye if it works if it doesnt not much point! lol

cd try jst bottling the stuff up lol

have a go on holiday man an see how ur skin feels

dont overdo it hto

jus be normal like u wud on holiday

maybe go snorking or scuba diving as ur skin wil be submerged in water for 30mins at a time hey?

see what happens brother