Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I do and I hate it; all of the people that I work with are 100% clear and don't even think about acne or washing their faces. Meanwhile I have moderate acne and think about it almost 24 hours a day. Guess you can call me jealous but personally I don't think it's fair. Why do I have acne and they don't?? They eat chocolate, french fries, pizza, etc and I follow a strict diet but I am the one who gets acne.

most definetely! it's the most irritating thing in the world. ALL of my friends have great skin and then there is me. i hate it.

I did. And I couldn't take it anymore. So I quit. And I still haven't gotten a new job.

I work in a corporate setting, so yes. I think I am the only one with acne in this company, as most people are at least 30+.

I must be blessed then because my friends and workers all get acne... I havent seen perfection from no one 24/7 so it doesnt bother me to much... Then again i havent gotten a pimple for couple weeks so i cant complain... Only thing i hate are those redmarks...

I did. And I couldn't take it anymore. So I quit. And I still haven't gotten a new job.

how do you pay your bills or do you still live at home?

i wish i could do that but unfortunately i have a lot of bills to take care of

Yep, I worked with one girl who was only 18 last year and she had the best skin I have ever seen! Crystal clear and she didn't even wear blush, or make-up just a little eye shadow and mascara. Hated her so bad and I am twice her age, now why can't I have skin like that? For all I have been through and had to do to get by I think I deserve that kind of skin!!!!!! Most of the other people I work with have a few zits now and then but nothing like me, so it blows!

do you ever go somewhere and hope that someone else has worse acne then yours? i know it sounds bad but i am always hoping that someone i end up hanging out with has worse skin then me. it makes me feel a little better.

I have this guy in my art class who is always clear and he likes to point out my flaws....but i just brush it off. Cuz if not i would have at least 5 assult charges on me by now.

I have this guy in my art class who is always clear and he likes to point out my flaws....but i just brush it off. Cuz if not i would have at least 5 assult charges on me by now.

lol yeah same here, not only pointing it out, but giving unsolicited advice and making you a human spectacle, face grabbing(that only further irritates acne or my personal favorite, the finger point (that only happens to be less than a half inch off your skin, while simultaneously asking "whats that?" :wall:

Just bring your hands up really fast and say "PERSONAL BUBBLE, HELLO?!"

If that doesn't make them back away in strange fear, you may have to get really bizzare and talk about how when you were a child, you were a habitual biter and once sent your sibling to the hospital with 15 stiches on his pointer finger.........

It's actually kinda nice, one of the girls i work with has acne too, and we discuss what works and what doesnt, encourage eachother when our skin is looking better, etc.

Yep. All of them have better skin than me. But hey If I don't work I don't get paid. If I don't get paid then I can't buy acne/pigmentation medications or Acne medication stocks :cool:

lol yeah same here, not only pointing it out, but giving unsolicited advice and making you a human spectacle, face grabbing(that only further irritates acne or my personal favorite, the finger point (that only happens to be less than a half inch off your skin, while simultaneously asking "whats that?" :wall:

thats why i love college, most of all the people are more mature and more accepting then the idiots in high school.

back on topic, most of the people i work have have clear skin, but they never point out my acne, or stare, or exclude me from stuff, so i never feel like i have acne when i'm at work, i just feel normal lol

No one has ever pointed out my acne to me. I'm jealous of my mom who has great skin...she can sleep in her makeup and everything, never breaks out!...she loves me tho and always tells me I'm pretty. But I don't like to be around people that are clear a lot because it makes me feel bad. Most of my friends get a pimple here or there, but they can use any cleanser or anything and it won't make them break out like crazy like it does me. Some days I don't want to leave my house, and even makeup doesn't cover it. I feel like people are just looking at me ansd saying "That's gross!"

all my friends have flawless skin

one of them has low self-esteem and she usually says: damn, im gettin spots...

im like wtf are u talkin about! ffs! :wvil:

I used to, but I quit as well.

They didn't have amazing skin by any means, but I was definitely the odd one out. Some of the older girls would ask me whats up with my face, because I used to make it worse. It was difficult for me because it was a full time job, 9-5, and I had to face the public no matter what each day. Some mornings I would just make my face even worse, plus I was trying all sorts of medications at the time which didn't help. I had a retin-a initial outbreak in the midst of christmas shopping.

Anyways, I quit. I loved that job too.

oh! I remember this one guy having beautyyyyyyyyful skin, glowing, perfect and we used to be all over the place during rushes and I watched him wipe his face with these rough papertowels we had, then put vaseline lotion all over his face. My stupid thinking yelled to him don't you're going to break out! He had no clue what I meant. I don't think he ever had a pimple in his life.