Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilmaschka

Newbie-advice much appreciated

Hello everyone! I've been looking at this website for about an hour now and I am still debating whether to start the Clear Skin Regimen. I've read rave reviews on the Barnes and Noble and Borders website from people who have read Clear Skin, the book. And of course, I've read great reviews on this website. However, when I go to the photo gallery, I am discouraged. It's seems as though a lot of people are dissatisfied with this program. Many of which have been on the program for months and look AND sound as though they haven't made a lot of progress. I am just wondering if people would recommend starting this program. Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it!

-Emily

im 4 weeks into the regimen , no results at all pretty much , but im going to see my derm early june and until then ill do the regimen all the way, if no results are seen by that date i will go on accutane and then cry about how much its gonna destroy my body and how much money i spent on doin this regimen lol

i been doin the regimen since feb an my skin is CLEAR without 1active pimple an ive been like that for around a month soon.

the people that are clear usually leave the website as "the website did its job fuck it il get on with my life" sorta attitute

The people that USUALLY stay are coz they need more assistance

if uve got nothing to lose then try the website as u wil clear up its like guaranteed.

an we can all help ya!

might as well try it---thats what i am doing, though i cant say for sure wether or not its working right now or not. im only on 4th week though anyway. good luck!

my CSR has had ups and downs

i have had days with no active acne and pretty good lookin skin

i have had days with pimples and whatever else people call acne these days

it hasnt made my acne any worse, its worth a try.

Hello everyone! I've been looking at this website for about an hour now and I am still debating whether to start the Clear Skin Regimen. I've read rave reviews on the Barnes and Noble and Borders website from people who have read Clear Skin, the book. And of course, I've read great reviews on this website. However, when I go to the photo gallery, I am discouraged. It's seems as though a lot of people are dissatisfied with this program. Many of which have been on the program for months and look AND sound as though they haven't made a lot of progress. I am just wondering if people would recommend starting this program. Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it!

-Emily

Hello Emily, I've been doing the Regimen since Jan 1 and can say that it has definitely helped me! When I turned 40, I decided I needed to do something about my wrinkles and thus began almost 2 yrs of terrible cystic acne. Since I have started the Regimen, I have not had 1 cystic blemish... some smaller ones, but they went away much faster. Now I'm about 98% clear... :)

It does seem extremely important to use the recommended facial wash and moisturizer and follow Dan's Regimen EXACTLY !!! Otherwise, you are NOT really doing the Regimen. Unfortunately, it seems to me that a lot of people that don't do well or give up are using products that aren't gentle enough or maybe have SA or AHA's. People say they are doing the Regimen, but they really aren't!!! Once you are clear, I believe you can add those other things.

I think it can be tougher on people who have to get used to the BP gel. Lots of redness and peeling. Some people also have red marks for a long time.

If you are like I was, you don't have much to lose. I was about to order yet another "Acne Treatment" when I found this site. I'm really grateful I did!!!

yea emily jus give the regimen a whirl girl

we all know a lot of info between us an can help u out no end if u get stuck!

I agree with Dami3n: a lot of people who have had success leave the boards, and the people who stick around are usually the ones who are still having problems. Having been here for a while, I can say that most people who stick with the Regimen for AT LEAST 3 months see a vast improvement in their skin. If you would like to see my success on the Regimen, you can check out my gallery, which shows before and after strictly following the Regimen for 10 months. I'm currently trying something other methods to get rid of my leftover redmarks and blackheads, but if these fail, I will definitely be coming back to the Regimen, which IMO is tried and true. :)

All depends on how bad your acne is, in my opinion, if it isnt that bad dont go on. Because you are going to be less encouraged to follow it properly, and do it for a long time. You could end up worse than you started.

If it is that bad, then yer, keep at it and you will see results. But be prepared to do it for a long time.