Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

I am going to start my accutane in about 2 weeks from now (April 13, 2006). Wish me luck :)

Here is my regimen plan. Please let me know if you have any advice to my regimen.

AM

1. Dove Essential Foaming Cleanser

2. Skintactix Inhibiting Gel

3. Oil of Olay daily UV SPF 30 for Sensitive

4. Facial Powder with SPF

5. Dove Intensive Body Moisturizer

6. Heavy Breakfast

7. Accutane

8. Ceralip

AM Mid

1. Matcha Green Tea

PM Lunch

1. Lunch

2. Vitamin E

3. Zinc

4. Vitamin C

5. Omega 3

6. Ceralip

PM Mid

1. Coconut Juice

2. Ceralip

PM Night

1. Dove Essential Foaming Cleanser

2. Skintactix Inhibiting Gel

3. Alba Aloe and Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

4. Dove Intensive Body Moisturizer

5. Ceralip

Hey bud! Good luck with accutane... it is definitely a journey to remember. Just a few thoughts from someone who has been on accutane for more than 2 months now -

1) Skip the exfoliator completely. When your skin gets really dry, use it once a week to slough off flakes, but other than that, ditch it. Your skin gets ridiculously fragile and sensitive, and you will create microabrasions in your already-sensitive skin. Your skin takes a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to heal when on accutane, so those microabrasions are bad!

2) Don't use anything on your face other than an EXTREMELY gentle soap (I use Dove sensitive skin foaming cleanser, but I have heard cetaphil works well also) and an EXTREMELY gentle moisturizer. Again, your skin is sensitive! Accutane will do its job if you just let it. I don't even wash my face in the morning because I feel like it gets irritated so easily, but only you will know how your face reacts when you start!

3) Take the accutane with a fatty meal - peanut butter, milk, oils, etc. Isotretinoin is a Vitamin A derivative and it is fat-soluble, so it is not just taking the pill with food that is important - the key is a high-fat meal. Some who have done 2 courses of Accutane have said that the difference is in the first round they ate a lean diet and saw no results, but with the second round they ate a high-fat diet and saw complete results!

4) From day 1, carry your lip balm EVERYWHERE. You will regret it if you don't!

5) Use sunscreen like it's going out of style - your skin gets easily sunburned.

Keep coming back to update your log and post pics and remind yourself (and US!) how far you have come! We are all here to support you in your journey to clear skin!

TennesseeGrl,

Thanks for all your advices. I will definetely log my accutane journey once I started it. I will also change my regimen after I presented it to my doctor.

Cheers