Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
springmore

Prescription Topicals v. Dan's Regimen

Hey all.

Well. I'm afraid my topicals aren't cutting it (surprise, surprise). Everyone seems to be a huge fan of Dan's regimen. So, I have a few questions: has anyone here tried the regimen? Did you try it before or after trying prescription topicals? Did you find it worked for you?

I'm getting pretty damn near desperate. I wish I had tried the regimen before my skin got this bad.

What do y'all think?

I have had success with both.

For years, I used prescription topicals, they worked when I used them consistently, exactly as they were prescribed. Then when I got tired of years of derm visits, I did a 6 month round of Accutane. It worked well and kept me clear for several years. When the acne came back, I didn't want to get back on the derm merry-go-round, so when I found this website I tried Dan's regimen, and it is working very well.

I think the key to ANY acne treatment program is consistency and persistence. You can't expect to get good results using products sporadically, or for only a month or two. It takes a good 2-3 months with any topical to see actual results, and generally the longer you stick with them, the better they perform.

So, anyway, that is my story.

Good luck to you and do go read through Dan's regimen and see what you think.