Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Fraser

Deodorants and shampoos causing breakouts?

Guest Fraser

Hey guys. Has anyone else found certain deodorants or shampoos to cause breakouts or just generally aggravate your skin?

Dan's regimen has cleared me up a lot but im still getiing spots regularly and im trying to figure out what i can do to completely clear up/ what mite be causing the outbreaks.

Can anyone advise me on the best things to use.

I currently use head and shoulders shampoo and lynx anti-perspirant. I used to use Adidas sport deodorant and that made me break out like crazy..

I'd be really interested to hear what everyone has to say cos i think this is really overlooked. Thanx.

Hey, i find that most shampoos and deoderants contribute towards my breakouts. Lately I have been using the Simple Baby products.. Simple do make normal products but I find the baby products contain less harmful chemicals that may contribute. On the question of deoderants I haven't found one yet that doesn't cause me to break out. I am currently using Lynx aswell now.

Let me know, Lee.

All spray deodrants and hairspray products make me breakout. Stick to roll on deodorant and also, try and buy 100% organic shampoo. They are expensive, but i dont get the rashes on my forehead like i used to. The worst spray anti perspirant i ever used was imperial leather. my skin was plastered after a few days of using it.

Guest Fraser

All spray deodrants and hairspray products make me breakout. Stick to roll on deodorant and also, try and buy 100% organic shampoo. They are expensive, but i dont get the rashes on my forehead like i used to. The worst spray anti perspirant i ever used was imperial leather. my skin was plastered after a few days of using it.

Yeah, roll on sounds like a good plan- trouble is i dont find they work as well as the spray on ones. A sacrifice worth making though methinks.

I can't stand spray on deodorants, just for the fact that they smell like flavored glue to me. Eww. I just use a deodorant without aluminum and it works fine for me. Shampoos, you may want to avoid the ingredient 'sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate' if you think that shampoos are the culprit.

I used Head and Shoulders for years, never realizing that it was the cause of a lot of my pimples. The ammonium chloride and ammonium lauryl/laureth sulfate ingredients it contains are comedogenic. I switched to Denorex, which has none of those ingredients, and things have improved dramatically. The coal tar Denorex formula also has chloroxylenol, which kills acne bacteria; or there's a salicylic acid formula, with the well-known pore-clearing benefits of that ingredient.

Guest Fraser

Nice one Changes, i'll try that Denorex shampoo, see if it makes a difference.

i know when i switched from pantene pro v to neutrogena t-gel my neck/back/shoulder and chest acne pratically dissapeared. i get a few every now and then but it's not as bad as it was. hasn't helped my face out any.