Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i haven't left the house without makeup on in i don't know how many years and i'm going to do it in 1/2 hour. i'm scared shitless, my hands are shaking and my stomache is in knots. i just want the stupid derm to know exactly what my skin looks like - maybe now she will give me something that works? although i have a feeling she will say "it's not that bad". granted it's been a lot worse but it's still kept me home from work the past 2 days. i can't do that to much anymore, miss work that is. i can't afford to loose my job. i really hope this waiting room is empty. it'll be ok if it is filled with older people but i hate going in there and finding a bunch of teenagers, even though they are there for the same reason as me i still think they are judging me. my biggest fear is that i will run into someone i know. ugh, this sucks! can you fill up prescriptions through the drive-thru? if i get one i want to fill it but i don't want to go inside.

I know how you feel, I never leave the house without makeup, even if it's just going to the corner store! I remember this girl I used to work with, very pretty girl with acne worse then mine. She would come into work everyday, with no makeup, her head held high and she was hot! Men loved her! Its all about confidence, just try to walk with purpose and have confidence in yourself, know you are doing something to help you acne and you are on the road to recovery. (I should really take my own advice) Good luck!

easier said then done. i'm getting ready to leave the house right now. i know i will look even more ridiculous hiding behind my hair but it's the next best thing to make-up you know?

here goes nothing. god i hope the xanax kicks in soon!

i'm back - it was hell. i cried in the exam room and she was less then sympathetic. she just said "you shouldnt have missed work because of your skin" - just like i thought she would. then she went on to say that i needed to try an anti-depressant and i told her - i did that for 7 years and it did not help especially when the problem is in the skin. she gave me benzaclin for the pm, tazorac .1 for the am, same face wash that i am using now and minocycline 100mg once a day. i was pushing for the bactrim because of all the good reviews but she said no because it has to many bad side effects. so i got home a few moments ago, washed my face - took my minocycline and am about to put the benzaclin on for the morning. i have a feeling that my mosturiser and make-up will sit better on the benzaclin then the tazorac, but i could be wrong.

The derm just sounded... cruel.

"Oh, that's too bad. You shouldn't let it bother you so much. Here's some crap that probably won't work."

(okay, that last part wasn't meant to discourage you, but we all know how hard it is to solve our acne problems... hopefully it does work, though)

i know that's what i am thinking. i was a blubbering mess in there and nervous as hell because i didn't have my make-up on and she just blew it off. i only picked her because she was close to my house, on my plan and i thought that since she was a female she would be more understanding. WRONG. the kicker is, she took accutane as a teenager - twice!

another thing that bothered me was when i saw her for the first time she said "i can't tell how bad your skin is because you have on so much make-up". ugh, that sucked and now i think about that constantly. can everyone tell that i'm wearing so much? so now i think i've been looking in the mirror in different lighting to see how noticeable the make-up is. it's so sad. also i hate the fact that everyone in the office has perfect skin. how is it possible that so many people in this world have such beautiful skin and still have month long wait lists to see the derm?

The derm just sounded... cruel.

"Oh, that's too bad. You shouldn't let it bother you so much. Here's some crap that probably won't work."

(okay, that last part wasn't meant to discourage you, but we all know how hard it is to solve our acne problems... hopefully it does work, though)

that's what I was thinking

yea i switched derms yesterday. i have an apt set for 4/24. it turns out my old derm wasn't even a member of the ada. the new one is only i won't be seeing her i will be seeing her assistant doctor who is a guy and i'm a little nervous about that. i hope he's older and not attractive so i don't feel like an even bigger idiot. the receptionist said he is really good with acne patients though so that's good.

Wow.... you'd think a derm would be more sypathetic than that! She sounds downright scary. I hope your new doctor is better (he couldn't possibly be worse!!)

Congrats on leaving the house without makeup... that's something I haven't done in years either! I even wear foundation to the gym (which I know I shouldn't do) and I also wear it most days when I'm sitting around the house by myself (just in case someone stops by!).

I Doubt everyone can tell you are wearing a lot of make up, they dont get right up to your face and examine it like a derm. Hope your new regimine works well! ::hug:: your beautiful

I didn't even realize my girlfriend wore makeup at all until she told me.

That said, I do remember one girl with acne in high school that wore a ton of makeup to cover it, and it was pretty obvious. I mean, no one has large uncolored bumps all over their face. Her skin looked synthetic and the makeup seemed to just make the pimples look bigger (which I suppose does happen if you layer on enough of it). Frankly, girls that have acne look better natural. Any girl looks better when she looks natural, acne or not.

Haley I totally understand this, I wish I could tell you to be confident, but its hard for me to see myself or even others look at me without makeup on to hide my acne. I respect you loads for doing what i am not yet ready to do. :clap:

my make-up isn't noticeable to the naked eye. most people think i don't wear any. if you are standing normal people distance away you can't tell. it's only when i've had it on for 8 hours and haven't blotted the oil of my skin that it starts to get really noticeable. and my skins not really bumpy either. i only ever get a noticeable bump every now and then and they are usually scattered on my face. like right now i have one on my forehead, one on my chin and one on my cheek.

and thanks guys. i'm not feeling to great about my skin right now. i wake up with new zits everyday and i feel like it's never ending. it's especially hard to cover anything up right now because my skin is so damn flaky with this new regimin. dry flaky and yet still oily, imagine that. ugh, i hate it. this weekend i am doing a 2 day juice fast to hopefully expedite the healing process.

i'm back - it was hell. i cried in the exam room and she was less then sympathetic. she just said "you shouldnt have missed work because of your skin" - just like i thought she would. then she went on to say that i needed to try an anti-depressant and i told her - i did that for 7 years and it did not help especially when the problem is in the skin. she gave me benzaclin for the pm, tazorac .1 for the am, same face wash that i am using now and minocycline 100mg once a day. i was pushing for the bactrim because of all the good reviews but she said no because it has to many bad side effects. so i got home a few moments ago, washed my face - took my minocycline and am about to put the benzaclin on for the morning. i have a feeling that my mosturiser and make-up will sit better on the benzaclin then the tazorac, but i could be wrong.

heys:)i feel u.i really do.i just came back from my derm just now and i know exactly how u feel..but my derm was real nice,she even told me not to worry so much.just wanted to tell u that it isnt wrong to miss work just becos of our skin.heck,ive even missed my piano lessons,school and work.all becos of some breakouts which was really depressing for me.ill just try not to look in the mirror that much when im out,cos im scared i may feel terrible after looking at the state of my skin.yup,just wanted to give u some encouraging words hope it helps.take care:)