Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ducky

new to acne!!! HELP ME PLZ xxxxxxx

HEY!! so my names ducky and im 16...... i got acne a few months ago and have been using creams from my dermatologist for 3 months now! im using tretinoin and i think it seems to be working however i need sum help!!! my face is relatively pimple clear (except for a certain week each month lol :)) but i have major scabs and scars and red marks! can anyone find me sum foundation liquid or powder that can help me!!!

HOWEVER there are many problems!:::

1. i now live in malysia so it needs to fight humidity

2. my skin is dry and scabby so sumhow it needs to cover that and not cake to my flaky skin

3. altho my skin is dry and scabby it tends to look shiny and oily

how on earth can a foundation even exist that will prevent break outs and shine, yet not stick to my dry scabby skin!?

if any of u guys can help, i will LOVE u forever, no jokes!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HEY!! so my names ducky and im 16...... i got acne a few months ago and have been using creams from my dermatologist for 3 months now! im using tretinoin and i think it seems to be working however i need sum help!!! my face is relatively pimple clear (except for a certain week each month lol :)) but i have major scabs and scars and red marks! can anyone find me sum foundation liquid or powder that can help me!!!

HOWEVER there are many problems!:::

1. i now live in malysia so it needs to fight humidity

2. my skin is dry and scabby so sumhow it needs to cover that and not cake to my flaky skin

3. altho my skin is dry and scabby it tends to look shiny and oily

how on earth can a foundation even exist that will prevent break outs and shine, yet not stick to my dry scabby skin!?

if any of u guys can help, i will LOVE u forever, no jokes!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ducky :)

Firstly, ask your doctor about takin Vitamin B5 supplements, or Vitamin B12. I hear great things about it such as preventing acne and really helping with the excessive oil buildup on the skin.

Secondly, I use Mac make-up products. I use Studiofix foundation. It's a powder foundation, it's an actual powder but covers as a liquid. They also have a concealer you can use for those stubborn spots you may have. Additionally, Studioofix comes in liquid form as well. I love them both! I've been using it for a while and I love them. It feels like I'm not wearing make-up. Also, for that extra coverage, Mac came out with their "Fluu Coverage" make-up. You can only purchase that at an actual MAC store or online at their website. It's supposed to be their best product and it covers very well. You can control the coverage on your skin whether or not you want it to be light to heavy coverage.

Here's the website for you.

www.maccosmetics.com

Eventhough these cosmetics I mentioned are fantastic, you may develop shine regardless. They may help reduce the shine since they're great cosmetics, but my best advice to you would be to go on those Vitamin B5 or B12 supplements because they really help reduce the amount of sebum produced by the skin. But make sure you run this by your doctor first before taking them. Good luck!