Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i think it totally depends on the severity of acne ,, my expierience says -

mild acne - u can get a gf/bf of any kind ,, no problems at all ,

moderate acne - u can a bf / gf no problems ,, just a few shallow person will mind u having acne

more then moderate acne - i think u will find difficulty to get a bf - gf , but u surely have a chance of 50 - 50 %

what do u guys think of my expierience ????

Guest Akira

I never had a gf when i had severe or moderate acne, and after accutane i haven't been without one.

I think im just an exception, there are loads of people out there with bad skin and they have parteners, just having the balls to do it and finding someone who isn't shallow.

How come you always use two commas?

never bothered with girls when my acne was severe. didn't have the confidence + felt uncomfortable around people / was always trying to hide my face. in later years it has improved to become moderate and luckily i found a girl who is perfect for me. she's with me through my accutane rollercoaster and i'm as happy as can be.

just gotta wait for my skin to clear and i'll be the happiest i could ever possibly be.

Guest Akira

thats great Martin, i always wanted a GF who was going through what i was going through, it was so horrible having to cancel seeing my friends or whatever because my skin looked so bad, and i couldn't tell them that as it sounds so stupid and pathetic if you don't have acne.

This feeble world we live in...

moderate acne - u can a bf / gf no problems ,, just a few shallow person will mind u having acne

more then moderate acne - i think u will find difficulty to get a bf - gf , but u surely have a chance of 50 - 50 %

I think this is pretty right on. I have/had moderate, I have it pretty much under control now. I have had a gf, with and without. Girls are different to guys in the visual dept. I know if I was a girl with mod acne, I would have a hard time because guys are shallow and unless we take the time to get to know a girl, we look and make the decision right then and there by how she looks. We suck.

If you ARE getting hooked up, make sure you aren't going to be too self-concious about it, looking your partner in the face is very important, at least I discovered this. It makes talking NATURAL, which is IMPORTANT, otherwise I was just talking awkwardly the whole time.

It's absolutely possible. If a girl is cool then she won't care about your acne. I've talked w/ my GF about it and she understands.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I think you're only taking into account whether or not others are attracted to you. There are other factors. I think the largest factor when you have severe acne is the mere fact that you feel so awful. I don't know about others, but when i was severe there was no chance that i'd even try. I may have had a good chance though.

... it was so horrible having to cancel seeing my friends or whatever because my skin looked so bad, and i couldn't tell them that as it sounds so stupid and pathetic if you don't have acne.

Exactly. :doubt:

I think you're only taking into account whether or not others are attracted to you. There are other factors. I think the largest factor when you have severe acne is the mere fact that you feel so awful. I don't know about others, but when i was severe there was no chance that i'd even try. I may have had a good chance though.

I agree with this. It's more what acne does to one's self-esteem and all that. Physical appearance is not the only thing. More than half of getting someone to like you has to do with your personality and it can be really hard to attract people when self-doubt is taking you down.

Yes! Confidence is at least as important as looks, to women, anyway. If you can keep your confidence high, your ugliness will not have a profound impact.

I have mild acne but i dont have a girlfriend at the moment.

Why can't people just see me for who i am and not what i look like. I sometimes feel like giving up on my love life becuz no one seems like im ever good enough for them.

I don't think it makes a difference really, I know a guy that has really severe acne and he's got a girlfriend (btw she is pretty)

It all depends... the way you act, etc

Anybody can get a bf/gf, even if their acne is really bad. It's all just a matter of whether you're willing to look or not. Obviously you're gonna have a harder time if you stay inside 24/7 and I would know because I've done it. Girls seem to be really turned off with insecurity too, maybe even more so than looks in my limited opinion.

I don't think it makes a difference really, I know a guy that has really severe acne and he's got a girlfriend (btw she is pretty)

It all depends... the way you act, etc

Yup. Confidence is sexy. ;)

I think it depends on the person. For me, when i had severe acne i did not want to see anybody. There were guys pursuing me in college, but i was too sick to care. then after accutane , forget it. i had all the fun in the world and eventually got married and had to kids. Right now i have mild acne( i think hormonal) and my husband doen't care a bit.

I have mild acne also and have a wonderful b/f. He doesnt care at all about my acne but what I have found is that he cares that I get so upset about it. I think u guys are right when u say it doesnt matter so much what u look like but the way yyou feel abouut it.

I have mild acne also and have a wonderful b/f. He doesnt care at all about my acne but what I have found is that he cares that I get so upset about it. I think u guys are right when u say it doesnt matter so much what u look like but the way yyou feel abouut it.

i think i used comas instead of full stop ,,, it affected ???

i think i used comas instead of full stop ,,, it affected ???

no ways ,, i never meant that

I think it depends on the person. I've seen people with mild acne that act like they have severe acne and are completely withdrawn. I've also seen people with pretty bad moderate acne that don't have a problem landing dates. IMO opinioni it's all about confidence and how people feel about themselves.

duno where i stand really or what catagory i stand in for scars / acne / looks / what not..

ive never had any relationships so there you go..

I think it depends on the person. I've seen people with mild acne that act like they have severe acne and are completely withdrawn. I've also seen people with pretty bad moderate acne that don't have a problem landing dates. IMO opinioni it's all about confidence and how people feel about themselves.

I agree with you. No matter how good or bad your skin is, if you have no confidence and hide from people all the time, you have little chance of getting into a relationship (unless a potential mate actually breaks down your door to meeet you or something equally ridiculous). If you have horrible skin but still hang out with friends regularly, aren't afraid to meet new people, and don't obviously hate yourself, then the only thing stopping you from having a relationship is not having met the right person. Sure, if you have severe acne then even if you like yourself you do have come to terms with some people not finding you physically attractive, but everyone has to do that for some reason since everyone has their flaws, and some people care a lot about certain traits whereas others don't give two shits so you never know who might like you if not for your acne and who likes you regardless of your skin. I met and began dating my current boyfriend when my skin was at the absolute worst it's ever been. Even though I felt sorry for myself and didn't want people to see my gross zitty bleeding face (whiney old me having had pretty mild acne through high school that flared up nasty when I started college), I sucked it up, went to parties, met new people, and had fun and I was rewarded with feeling pretty good about my life despite my skin.

I agree with you. No matter how good or bad your skin is, if you have no confidence and hide from people all the time, you have little chance of getting into a relationship (unless a potential mate actually breaks down your door to meeet you or something equally ridiculous). If you have horrible skin but still hang out with friends regularly, aren't afraid to meet new people, and don't obviously hate yourself, then the only thing stopping you from having a relationship is not having met the right person. Sure, if you have severe acne then even if you like yourself you do have come to terms with some people not finding you physically attractive, but everyone has to do that for some reason since everyone has their flaws, and some people care a lot about certain traits whereas others don't give two shits so you never know who might like you if not for your acne and who likes you regardless of your skin. I met and began dating my current boyfriend when my skin was at the absolute worst it's ever been. Even though I felt sorry for myself and didn't want people to see my gross zitty bleeding face (whiney old me having had pretty mild acne through high school that flared up nasty when I started college), I sucked it up, went to parties, met new people, and had fun and I was rewarded with feeling pretty good about my life despite my skin.

i agree this ,, but mean while did anyone mane fun of ur pimples ,,, what did u use to say if anyone did ??

im 16 f. and last year this guy liked me but wouldnt date my because of my acne and he didnt have perfect skin himself either!! that was really annoying and i had really liked him up untill that point that sucked so i still havent ever had a boyfriend