Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattABC

Prescribing Accutane While Living/Traveling Abroad

This is my second treatment of accutane after being relatively acne free for the past 2 years. I am a male and extremely cautions and responsible about being prescribed such a dangerous (?) drug.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience (luck?) getting a dermatologist to prescribe accutane knowing you will be traveling or out of their care for an extended period of time. I have healthcare in America, but am employed in Thailand.

I understand the 30-day prescription limit and the new ipledge program, but I was planning to propose a monthly telephone “appointment�, and possibly send a digital camera photo of my face. My parents could then pickup my prescription and mail it to me.

Does anyone know have any knowledge about specific limitations of doing this, particularly legal implications? What’s preventing this kind of setup from occurring?

If I’m unsuccessful at getting my derm to prescribe, I’m just going to self-medicate myself (it’s worth that much too me)…but please share if you have any knowledge about this subject.

Thanks

--Matt