Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
savinelli

is my doctor stupid?!

ok, i went to the doctors for the second time today for this cyst on the tip of my nose that has been kicking around for over a month now! the first time a doctor gave me fucidin H cream and told me to use that with hot comresses.. of course nothing happened in over a week.. I have been doing all sorts of things to it since and nothing has happened to it at all.. its the exact same, so I went to the doctors today again..

I asked him about a cortisone shot and he said 'absolutely not'.. I asked him why and he said, 'i wouldnt dream of giving you a cortisone shot, they make infections even worse'... But what about everything ive heard about them?? he also said something about not squeezing my cyst otherwise the infection could spread to my brain!?? its obvious not to squeeze them but thats a little ridiculous.. He gave me an oral antibiotic for skin infections basically.. its called Apo-Cloxi (cloxacillin Sodium 250mg).. Sound sketchy? then he said to also use the fucidin H cream at the same time... the same cream that did nothing.

he works at the Unversity office, so you'd think hed know more about acne?

SO is this guy retarded or something? or does he have a good point? the only reason i think i would be afraid of getting a cortisone shot on my nose is the fear of getting atrophy right there.. but i dont know if he knew what he was talkng about at all.. I'm sick of professionals being ignorant and I cant get an appointment with a derm without a refferal from an ignorant doctor.

Change doctors man this guy sounds like he doesnt have a clue especially with his devotion to fucidin h which is for eczema and irritated skin if you check up fucidin h on google it says never use on acne its basically an oil to moisturise skin which it does a great job off.

OMG what kind of ghetto doctor was this, he sounds like he got his PHD in a cracker jack box. GO to someone else please.

my doc said that if u squeezed a cyst above like your nose (top half of ur face practically), she said the infection w ould go to the brain too!!

I generally pop all my cysts...or use Zeno

get a new derm, seriously.

yeah thats another thing.. he isnt a derm.. hes just a doctor.. but I have no clue how to 'get' a derm.. the only way i can see one is by getting a referral from a doctor, who is obviously retarded.. it is verrryyy frustrating for me because i have called so many derms and they all need referrals even for just a cortisone injection. I'm not sure how to go about getting one.

my doc said that if u squeezed a cyst above like your nose (top half of ur face practically), she said the infection w ould go to the brain too!!

I generally pop all my cysts...or use Zeno

Yay for fellow Zeno user! my boyfriend thnks im having an affair with my zeno.

OMG what kind of ghetto doctor was this, he sounds like he got his PHD in a cracker jack box. GO to someone else please.

I wouldn't really trust any practicing doctor no matter where he got his PhD--unless he had an MD to go with it.