Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DDMay87

Problem With Moisturizer

I have been using the regimen now for about 2 weeks. To start, I am very happy with it and it's really seemed to work better than anything i've used in the past five years (including Acutane). However, I am having mositurizer problems. I wash my face, apply the BP 15 minutes after, then apply Purpose Moisturizer 5 minutes after the BP. The moisturizer does not rub in very well at all. I try to be gentle, but I end up with a white film on my face. To get all the moisturizer to rub in I have to be rather harsh while rubbing it in. I know being gentle is key with this regimen. Any ideas? Thanks,

I have been using the regimen now for about 2 weeks. To start, I am very happy with it and it's really seemed to work better than anything i've used in the past five years (including Acutane). However, I am having mositurizer problems. I wash my face, apply the BP 15 minutes after, then apply Purpose Moisturizer 5 minutes after the BP. The moisturizer does not rub in very well at all. I try to be gentle, but I end up with a white film on my face. To get all the moisturizer to rub in I have to be rather harsh while rubbing it in. I know being gentle is key with this regimen. Any ideas? Thanks,

What kind of bp are you using? A gel form will go on much smoother.

I have Purpose Moisturizer also, and am not too happy with it. I have similar problems. Doesn't absorb well, nor does it work as I'd like it to.

I switched to Eucerin, and haven't had a problem since. It stings a little when you first start using it, but that will go away completely. Try looking at the review page about different moisturizers. :angel:

I agree with WackyJacky the Purpose moisturizer does not rub in as well as others. Unfortunatly, the other moisturizers I have used (NHSL and Cetaphil) have made my face sting. I suggest trying another moisturizer.

Another idea is to possibly wait a little longer between your BP application and your moisturizer application. 5 minutes may not be long enough for the BP to totally be absorbed by the skin. I find that the longer I wait between BP and moisturizer the better absorbed the moisturizer is.

change moisturiser

one with AHA in maybe to help with redmarks down the line

Eucerin Do a good one

an so do cetaphil!

I agree with WackyJacky the Purpose moisturizer does not rub in as well as others. Unfortunatly, the other moisturizers I have used (NHSL and Cetaphil) have made my face sting. I suggest trying another moisturizer.

Another idea is to possibly wait a little longer between your BP application and your moisturizer application. 5 minutes may not be long enough for the BP to totally be absorbed by the skin. I find that the longer I wait between BP and moisturizer the better absorbed the moisturizer is.

Very valid points. Maybe wait a bit longer.

Sometimes the moisturizers can sting the first several times you use them... which really sucks... but I would give it awhile before you quit. Eucerin stung like hell and turned me a little red, but i'm glad I stuck it out, as I no longer have those issues and it works well. Keeping trying things til you find one you're happy with!

Hmm, I will try waiting longer next time to apply the moisturizer and see if that works. I am using 5% BP right now b/c my CSR gel hasen't been delivered yet. I ordered it a week ago today and haven't seen it yet :(

Guest Fraser

Ive had the same problem. One possible solution is to apply a thin layer of moisturiser, then apply some more a few minutes later after the first lot has soaked in. Definitely dont be harsh with rubbing the moisturiser in- thats guaranteed to limit the chances of the regimen completely clearing you up.

Like other people have said, Eucerin is good cos u don't need as much of it so its easier to apply.