Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just really feel depressed right now just thinking about my acne, it has been apart of my life for over 6 years now I'm now 20. I should have experienced so much more by my age whats sad is its just the simple things that I can't do like swimming, going to an amusement park, even staying with a friend is a hassle (something I hardly ever do anymore). I'm so tired of hiding or preparing for something days ahead working out all the ways to make sure my face stays hidden. I compare my life to movie Shrek I look alright during the day while wearing makeup but at night im hideous. Makeup has become an essential part of my life like air or water without it I can't live. I dont like anyone seeing me without makeup I'm to afraid of people seeing just how bad my skin really is or can get. I look in the mirror sometimes and get digusted, that then turns into anger, resulting in depression. :D

I understand the mirror part,i just switch off the lights in the bathroom before i wash my face,next ur a girl u can do make up us as guys cant,so u can somewhat hide ur acne,I remember last year in school i had this huge whitehead and this guy skinny little SOB said OMG motherfucking volcano well i got home and yeha broke down (yup cudnt b pissed fighting him).Were all tired,wish that it would just go away that or feel like hiding our faces,worse i dont no anyone in my family,relatives or friends who have acne,that just makes it worse

tinted oxy 10 for sleep overs. i know it's 10 percent but for those occassional overnighters waddaya gonna do? it's the only one that's good for covering. but yeah you have to claim privacy for washing your face instead of the communal sharing of the washroom space which i freaking hate and those non acne getting people don't understand. they think 3 people are fine in the bathroom one brushing teeth another shaving leg and then you .....trying to wash your face with a high lather and not wanting to rinse in front of prying eyes. you almost feel it's on purpose. then when you ask for privacy you get flack or they think you're snobby. when it's the opposite. can't win. just be the snob who needs her space.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Look at your own nickname...so, I guess you DO realize that you are a beautiful person (without being too self centered hopefully), but it's 'hidden' of probably a few acnes? You're still young....don't let this stupid acne stop you. If some people won't hang out because of this, MOVE ON....man, you still have lots and lots of opportunities to hang out, meet people and stuff. Don't try to avoid people too much because of acne..cause after a while, it's not the acne that keeping you away from people.

Hope this helps...?

Have to tell this one. My mother in law said to me one day: I have always had good skin. I never had a pimple. Then she elaborates: I have never had like a real pimple that I had to pop or anthing. EWW YUCK. I said "good for you". That's great. Was this a personal attack or something ?Since her and everyone in her family has "dry" skin. I will say she could use a good moisteriser as my mom looks younger than her and they are around the same age. By the way, my mom has skin more like mine. Oily, prone to occasional blemishes-- but she is 60 and looks great.