Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yankees51

I Need Help With Proactiv!

ok, so ive been following the steps and i have some quesitons

it says put it on once in the morning and once at night

when i put it on at night, should i sleep with it on till the morning?

and when i put it on in the morning should i keep it on all day till the night?

help? advice?

Hello.

I'm no longer a Proactiv-user but I can help you with your questions.

- Yes, you do leave it on for both morning and night but in the mornings, do make sure to apply sunscreen right after applying your moisturizer. BP sensitizes the skin to the sun and it would only be best to protect it while using such a treatment.

*Back when I was using it, I didn't follow the directions of using it twice a day. I only used it at night and that alone cleared me up and gave me great skin. It's much more gentler too but of course, this is just a suggestion.

In all, I hope Proactiv works for you.

i'm on proactiv too, this is my third time on it. keep it on all day just be very gentle on your skin that's the ticket to proactiv, oh and put your moisturizer on in a circular motion that helps your skin more.

If you wear makeup...use a cleanser to take it off before you start the ProActiv regimen. Proativ does not remove makeup and you'll be wasting some expensive stuff.

If you wear makeup...use a cleanser to take it off before you start the ProActiv regimen. Proativ does not remove makeup and you'll be wasting some expensive stuff.

Wow, using one cleanser just to remove makeup and then following it up with that crappy Proactiv medicated scrubby clothes-bleaching wash sounds like one of the harshest things you can do to your face.

Ditch the Proactiv cleanser and replace it with one that will both remove your makeup and not get little bits of synthetic sand (or whatever they use in the cleanser) in your open lesions. I've heard very good things about the Purpose cleanser.

proactiv is nothing more then a cleanser of the proactiv brand, a toner that pretty much does nothing (ive used proactiv before), and BP which is basically what the clear skin regimen is minus the moisturizer which is a big flaw b/c my face was all flakes when i used it and the wash sucks. I would just ditch the whole idea of proactiv and get on the clear skin regimen. i never used it, but apparently it works and almost every proactiv story on here is a negative one. Proactiv for me at least worked for a couple months but i would get like 5 whiteheads a week. i finally went to a derm and i got a BP wash which i had to switch to cetaphil b/c it was too harsh, cleocin-t pads, and a BP gel. During that i was doing pretty good, but now im on accutane. Even before i started accutane and after proactiv i only got about 1 whitehead a week.