Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone used the extra strength version. It has 7% benzoyl peroxide instead of 2.5% (i think that's what in the normal one.) I used the regular one for about 4 years with pretty decent results before it stopped working. So I just got this one, anyone ever try it?

I used it early in 2005, when my acne was getting a bit motre severe and the regular practiv and my orthotricyclen just weren't cutting it. My advise, only order 1 kit. Do not use that cleanser and use the toner sparingly. The lotion kicks ass though. Using the entire kit is really harsh and irritating.....7% BP Abrasive Cleanser, Salicylic acid in and alcohol based toner, and 7% BP lotion containing ethoxydiglycol, a great penetration enhancer that really disturbs the epidermal lipid barrier to get the BP to really penetrate (that's the secret behind Proactiv's sucess).....

What I did for a few months was I spaced my shipments 5 weeks apart. I used the cleanser and toner from the regular kit and the 7% BP lotion. It cleared me up really well for a couple months. I ended up wasting a lot of products because I only needed the 7% lotion Then the summer came and all hell broke loose.....and I gave up on Proactiv after 5 years of sucess with it..... :(