Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

umm never really had a papule before. i have one now and its really fuckin big and red. is there any way u can make em go away faster?

:boohoo:

yeah the ice brings it down a bit in size and then you just need to use that bp and not touch it or anything. they go away eventually.

patience is the key with a papule!

ive heard bathing it with salty water helps to dry it out faster than usual

get cotton wool an dip it in salt water

then apply to the beast hehe!

an watch it crumble!

yea i didnt know how to handle one, and i wish i did cause i popped it, which is NOT GOOD.

it just got larger and more red, but i hope i don't get another one.

one papule is way more than enough...

I think ur talking about a nodule,i thought i had a papule the other day because thats what it sounded like from reading the diff types on here,but when i searched for pictures and more info on the web papules seem to be little,nodules r meant to be the hard red spots with no head,but i dunno hehe

yea, picking is not good for those suckers...it seriously makes it look worse. i heard somewhere that eye drops that take the red out of the eyes work for taking the red out of papules--dont know how valid that is though....

popping it isnt a bad idea when it really is big enough to be popped. i mean, youll have a red mark for a few days but when i pop one the swelling goes down in about one night.

yea i def. dont have a nodule or w/e. this thing has a lil head and is just a wicked pimple. you guys r scarin me with types of acne i havent even heard of.

No, Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate and sea salt is mostly sodium chloride.

Sodium chloride has a 5 on the scale of how much it is meant to clog pores 5 being the worst,thats strange!

Does the salt water thing actually work though?

I live on the Beach and I always dunk my face in the water. Through the years it has always seemed to dry up my noduler acne quicker. Whether it be a proven theory or not I do not know but the ocean water always helped my acne.

A-

Isnt sodium chloride comedogenic? (Its in the sea)

As I said, it is not a proven theory. I developed nodular acne about 5 yrs ago and I am in my late 30's. It is hormonal of that I am sure. The sea water didn't ever cure or make my acne worse but when it comes to drying it out it worked wonders for me. That is not to say that it would work for everyone though. Of course now that I am on Accutane I am totally avoiding the sun (hard to do in Florida) and boy do I miss the beach:)

Ang

Guest yahyah

ahhh, papsules... yes, horrible little things. My whole chin was covered with them (20 easily) .. and the worse thing is, you can't pop them. They're just large red spots without a head... so you can squeeze all u want but you'll just make it worse.

What I found was to use BP but not moisturiser for a couple of days... if dries them out alot, so you can literally rip the top layer of skin off with a pair of tweezers. Gross I know, and I wouldn't recommend doing this if you're prone to scarring, but once that top layer of skin is gone the 'puss' is visible and you can squeeze it out and the papsule will heal.