Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TuTTi FruTTi

can i indulge a little??

Hi guys, just a quick question! I've been eating really healthily for about 6 months, with no fried food, lots of fruit and vegies, stacks of water, no junk food, im sure you know the deal. My skin is now clear (thanks mostly to diane-35 pill) and im craving a burger and chips lol! will my body cope with it because i've been so good to it and its functioning well, or will it just erase all the hard work i've done and show up in my skin? surely it wouldn't, it would have to be an accumulation of eating junk for a while wouldn't it?? (btw, i can eat chocolate and cake and stuff now with no sideeffects....im not even sure if my acne was food related....) thanks in advance for any advice!!! :)

I say that you should for the most part go for it.

6 Months is definately long enough for your body to let you know if something you ADD back into your diet will affect you negatively. Since you are on BC anyway, you may not notice if it were to affect you negatively because your BC may provide some degree of protection ;-) However if you do it, be aware of what you ate so that you can trace back to a particular food/ingredient if need be (hope you don't need to).

As far as junk food goes on a healthy diet, you can have it. You just have to know what ingredients to avoid and then you can have your french fries, potato chips, burgers (I maninly eat them like I would a steak or wrapped with lettuce), fried chicken (batterless, no trans fats for me), etc.

Best of luck!

You might want to be careful. Remember how your body felt when you went from junk to healthy eating? It made you digestive system surprised and I am sure you probably felt sick at times because your body trying to get used to the different foods. Well, the same is true the opposite way. Since your body hasn't had junk in it for quite sometime now, you will most likely get a stomach ache from eating that stuff.

Not just for the sack of your acne, but the sack of your health....I wouldn't do it.

Hi guys, just a quick question! I've been eating really healthily for about 6 months, with no fried food, lots of fruit and vegies, stacks of water, no junk food, im sure you know the deal. My skin is now clear (thanks mostly to diane-35 pill) and im craving a burger and chips lol! will my body cope with it because i've been so good to it and its functioning well, or will it just erase all the hard work i've done and show up in my skin? surely it wouldn't, it would have to be an accumulation of eating junk for a while wouldn't it?? (btw, i can eat chocolate and cake and stuff now with no sideeffects....im not even sure if my acne was food related....) thanks in advance for any advice!!! :)

yes, you should in fact have "cheat meals" at least 2 times a week.

The trick is to do what is called damage control.

Some people have a cheat meal and order 2 large pizzas and eat all they can til they can't move.

WHAT YOU WANT TO DO is have a big burger but then eat a huge plate of veggies with it. This is damage control because it isn't like you ate a 3 course meal of a huge cake, a big bag of chips and a huge burger. And you got to have something you craved.

This is a necessity in meal plans in my opinion. They are healthy to have and will allow you to stay on your better eating plan. Just don't do it more than 2-3 meals a week.

Thanks guys....i've decided to try a potato cake and a spring roll (fish and chips) and have it with veggies and homemade vegetable slice! that way it will balance things out like you said...start off small like i did with chocolate. After 6 months you start to crave it, so i would have one mini easter egg with caramel (yum!)...then the next week if i felt like it id have two and see how that went! it all seemed to be okay so then i knew that in moderation, chocolate is fine. But the word 'moderation' confuses me....how 'often' should one eat a particular food? i've been struggling with that a bit seeing as i cut out all junk....how many 'extras' can one have per day/per week etc....???? any personal opinions???? ta :)

Many people say that food does not effect acne, I think otherwise. I have been doing the same as you, that is eating so healthy it almost hurts. But a while back i had a few slices of pizza and two weeks later...BLAMO there were several new zits, after being mostly clear for a while I can't see it as being a coincodence.