Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wonder why i'm only on 20/day. Maybe because my acne isn't horrible? I'm a big girl, 6'2...175lbs, so i'm surprised i'm not on a higher dosage......hmmmm.....anyone else on that dosage?

How long have you been on accutane? Perhaps your derm practices the "lower dosage for the longer amount of time" or he is starting you off slow to put off the initial breakout. I am 5'8" and weigh 114 and am on 80mg a day.

How long have you been on accutane? Perhaps your derm practices the "lower dosage for the longer amount of time" or he is starting you off slow to put off the initial breakout. I am 5'8" and weigh 114 and am on 80mg a day.

114 and 80mg a day??? Isn't that too high!? How are you feeling. I'm 6'1 and 163lbs. and now on 40/80 alternating everyday.

I wonder why i'm only on 20/day. Maybe because my acne isn't horrible? I'm a big girl, 6'2...175lbs, so i'm surprised i'm not on a higher dosage......hmmmm.....anyone else on that dosage?

Hey, Im a 6'2 guy, 11 stone or over lol and I'm on 20mg now. I have mild acne but very presistant. I started off on 35mg for a month, 40mg couple more months, then went up to 60mg bcus I was still getting new acne but I could only handle 2 weeks of 60mg because I got mad flushes. I've had the flushes since I started the course but tried to put up with them, I was eager to get on the 60mg to clear up my acne but the flushing got so bad then I had to right down come down to 20mg.

I'm going to be on 20mg for a couple of months yet. It may be your start off dosage, so the derm might rise you on your next visit. I've read cases on here that ppl with mild acne have had 20mg and 30mg for the whole run of it and made them clear. It might be a longer course though. The side effects of flushing was much worse than my acne at one point, so I think that a low dose for mild sufferers is probably best.

I was going to make a thread on low doses you know, before I came across here. Hope some of what I said helps ya, get back to us :D

Hi,

I had faily mild acne (on the chin and cheeks). Have been on 20mg for 2 months. I never experienced the ''initial breakout'' but after about 3 - 4 weeks my skin was nearly flawless.

Now, at the 2 month mark I have absolutely flawless skin. I can't believe it - having acne for all these years!

People even comment on how good my skin looks!!!

I'm 5"11 and about 70kg. Don't be put off by lower dosages. Firstly, the initial breakout won't happen / be as bad, and you won't dry out your skin too much. I've been using moisturiser day and night, plus a 1 hour mask of BP every 2 - 3 days (the strongest one.. I think 10 or 15%) follwed up by more moisturiser. Been drinking about 2L of water a day and trying to catch atleast 10 - 15 minutes full sunlight exposure per day.

I can't believe how well it worked. I tried all the anti-biotics with no success. Stick with the 20mg... give it time. I found nothing really happens for the first 2 weeks... then your skin will be AMAZING!

Best of luck :->

I started on 10mg, and I'm 6'1'', 205lbs. Your derm probably just wanted to start you slow to see how you'd react. Ask him/her to bump it up next time.

I have moderate acne (at that time) i was given 40 mg then switched to 20 mg for 2 weeks cause my initial breakout was bad ... 20 mg is fine i'd say you'll be up'd soon dont worry.

AmberLynn,

You are on a dangerously high amount of Accutane. Half that amount for your body weight is enough.

This stuff has side effects, some of which you'll learn about years down the road . . .

As for the girl who's on 20mg, that is a low dose, but your derm may want to keep you on it for a long time (6mo+), so it could still work well. Better too little than too much.