Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarsBars

Cleansers..

Does anyone know why the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is recommended for the regimen and not the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser?

Does anyone know why the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is recommended for the regimen and not the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser?

hi, maybe i could help ...

i think that the gentle skin cleanser is a cleanser that is recommended not only for this specific regimen but also by dermatologists everywhere to use with any topical medication (bp or watever ur using ...) because it's VERY mild and does not dry out your skin at all while thoroughly cleansing it ... so it is natural that it would be recommended for this regimen

the daily facial cleanser i believe is not as mild as the gentle skin cleanser, but in my opinion is still very mild compared to any type of "acne wash" because anything cetaphil doesn't contain anything that would dry out your skin ... plus it is much more convenient to use because it comes in the pump form

but i think for the regimen, either one would work because the point of the cleanser in the regimen i think is to simply wash your face without using too many harsh things that would further dry out your skin ... because i think irritation plays a big part in breakouts ....

so basically i think either one would work fine, the main thing is don't use like a neutrogena acne wash or a clean and clear wash in addition to using the bp because you would be annihilating your skin ... cetaphil facial cleanser or purpose cleanser woudl be ideal

good luck :D

I just checked that cleanser at drugstore.com, it has castor oil in it. So, it's not oil-free.

Neither is the Basis Soap, but it's still highly recommended on the site.

^now that you mention it..........it seems to me that at one time Dan mentioned he didn't even realize it had oil when he was using it, and since it worked out fine for him he put it on the recommended list. Personally though, I stay away from products with oil.

I think the main reason why some products made it onto the recommended list, and others didn't, is because those are the one's that Dan has used successfully with the Regimen in the past. That doesn't mean that it is an all-inclusive list. There are probably many many cleansers out there that would work fine with the Regimen, just that Dan hasn't tried them all.