Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest doremi

Fraxel spot treatment

Guest doremi

Sorry..another fraxel thread....

I might want to try Fraxel but...instead of doing full face at mindblowing $700-900/session, anybody here can recommend a doctor doing only partial face (temples only) or spot treatment for half of the price (or less)?

I live in Portland Oregon-and I think if the fraxel cost is significantly lower I might be able to foot the bill for the airline ticket (or if it's in Seattle I'll just drive there).

Thanks

Have you gone to www.fraxel.com and entered your zip code for a listing of doctors? I found that while alot of doctors in my area charge a minimum of $400 or so regardless of size I did find one that does small areas for $150. I doubt you would want to fly to TX though. I called through the whole list of doctors that came up.

I am highly concerned about discoloration of doing a small area though.

Also in case you are thinking of flying, you might want to consider the stares you might be getting at the airport with your treated areas all puffed up and red. That's only if that kind of stuff bothers you.

Guest doremi

Have you gone to www.fraxel.com and entered your zip code for a listing of doctors? I found that while alot of doctors in my area charge a minimum of $400 or so regardless of size I did find one that does small areas for $150. I doubt you would want to fly to TX though. I called through the whole list of doctors that came up.

I am highly concerned about discoloration of doing a small area though.

Also in case you are thinking of flying, you might want to consider the stares you might be getting at the airport with your treated areas all puffed up and red. That's only if that kind of stuff bothers you.

Hmmm i will check the site up, thanks.

Nope..I don't care about people staring at me, they will do that regardless and it's the airport they will never see me again anyway.

Because you need multiple treatments, find someone local that will provide a pkg deal. One treatment is a waste of money. Use Fraxel locate a doc and make calls/ emails to find best local pricing.

I live in East Bay of SF and found the best price by traveling 70 miles to Stockton for pkg of 4. SF prices are like NY (they suck). Why is everything in Texas and midwest so cheap in comparison?

It's cheaper in TX cause we gawt' rednecks running the equipment billybob ;), I mean billyboy :). Seriously if property is cheaper generally everything else is cheaper. Even though I am undoubtedly leary of the redneck effect.

Guest Marino

I might want to try Fraxel but...instead of doing full face at mindblowing $700-900/session, anybody here can recommend a doctor doing only partial face (temples only) or spot treatment for half of the price (or less)?

I live in Portland Oregon-and I think if the fraxel cost is significantly lower I might be able to foot the bill for the airline ticket (or if it's in Seattle I'll just drive there).

Thanks

most scars on temples tend be ice picks, i haven't seen any good photo evidence to suggest fraxel does anything for this type of scaring, though i dont know your type of scaring for sure....

anyway, i talked my plastic surgeon into doing spot treatments with fraxel about a month ago,

I agreed to pay for a full face, which is equivlanant to 25 minutes, so i could come in every 2 weeks and get as many as i could before running out of time, in which case i had to pay for another full face and get another 25 minutes.

dont worry what they say on there advertisments or pamphlets, have a consultation, sit down, and talk the man into it, its just like buying a car, haggle him into a deal.

Guest doremi

Thanks

most scars on temples tend be ice picks, i haven't seen any good photo evidence to suggest fraxel does anything for this type of scaring, though i dont know your type of scaring for sure....

anyway, i talked my plastic surgeon into doing spot treatments with fraxel about a month ago,

I agreed to pay for a full face, which is equivlanant to 25 minutes, so i could come in every 2 weeks and get as many as i could before running out of time, in which case i had to pay for another full face and get another 25 minutes.

dont worry what they say on there advertisments or pamphlets, have a consultation, sit down, and talk the man into it, its just like buying a car, haggle him into a deal.

My temple ones are more like deep rolling/boxscar type... :think: