Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vdubbin

Cetaphil still to drying, anything other suggestions?

i switched to cetaphil after my old cleanser seemed to drying. Cetaphil did help a little as i dont have any flakyness anymore. But my Tzone is really dry and tight feeling like always. I know that it being dry like this is probably contributing to my oilyness in that area. So what can i do?? Do you think its my water i shower with???

P.S. I moisturize only at nights! I dont moisturize during the day because all moisturizers leave a slight film in my opinion and it makes my oily Tzone look more oily

Does anyone know of any other gentle skin cleanser i can use that wont dry out my face as much??

i switched to cetaphil after my old cleanser seemed to drying. Cetaphil did help a little as i dont have any flakyness anymore. But my Tzone is really dry and tight feeling like always. I know that it being dry like this is probably contributing to my oilyness in that area. So what can i do?? Do you think its my water i shower with???

P.S. I moisturize only at nights! I dont moisturize during the day because all moisturizers leave a slight film in my opinion and it makes my oily Tzone look more oily

Does anyone know of any other gentle skin cleanser i can use that wont dry out my face as much??

Try Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion it DOES NOT leave a shiny film, works well with other topicals, and is non-comedogenic.

You could dry Spectrojel; it's pretty much the same as Cetaphil but a bit better in my opinion. Also, you really shouldn't complain about dry skin if you're not moisturizing during the day. I'm pretty sure 90% of the users here would have chronic dry skin if they didn't moisturize during the day.

Are you using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or Cetaphil for oily skin?

just the regular gentle cleanser

oh and i use Neut. sensitive skin moisturizer. Its has all the good stuff a person with my skin type could want. I just find it leaves a bit of a residue. But maybe ill try using a little less during the day and see how that turns out.

I think Spectro gel has a fragrence if i remember correctly. I did look into that once but didnt buy it for some reason.